Armitage

all messages by user

12/19/2017
Topic:
Suggestion for added revenue to the game

Armitage
Armitage
Spawning a new city could potentially be used against players trying to create their own city. If a player sees another city about to form on a planet they already have a city on, and are petty, they could buy a new city to prevent the automatic/free creation of the other city.

Preventing the decline of population seems way too overpowered. Spreading the cost out among a few people makes it very cheap to keep a city alive indefinitely.

And there's already one time boosters for new players in the form of initial capital and a high level headquarters.
1/3/2018
Topic:
Carrier Loss

Armitage
Armitage
Just happened to me too. 617 private messages.
2/7/2018
Topic:
Out of Game Notifications

Armitage
Armitage
I've been thinking about it for awhile, and the recent chatter in Comms over how sneaky the Raiders can be is making me think others might like this idea too. It'd be great if we could receive some sort of notification off-website about important events in-game. I would absolutely love to be able to receive a text message, email, or even Discord PM notifying me that a unit has come under attack. It could be useful for notifications about events, such as voting for city/planet/system leaders. I would love if it'd be possible to set certain unit actions to send out a notification when it's reached that step of the orders. That way, I'd know exactly when my Space Train has arrived at it's destination without having to do boring math, or if a transport has finished it's current round of selling on Earth, which can be difficult to predict if other players are selling the same products in the same city at the same time.

This feature could be set up for only paid players, that way there's more of an incentive to pay than simply moving your HQ off Earth.
6/27/2018
Topic:
Ship keeps getting stuck on Pick Up orders

Armitage
Armitage
I have a space train by the name of SI Grocer that goes to my meat production facility and picks up all products, no quantity (so entire hold), then moves to my farm to do the same, then back to Buna to drop off all products and loops. This space train used to go and pick up whatever was currently present at the ranch, then move on to the farm. Currently, it keeps getting stuck on the Pick Up All Products command and waiting for a full cargo hold before moving on to the farm. I've seen this happen before, but only when setting a specific amount to pick up, or if the Pick Up All command was after a few other specific Pick Up commands.

For comparison, I have a ship called SI Water, that visits two sites on Sirius 4 and picks up whatever's present, and this loop works exactly as expected.

edited by Armitage on 6/27/2018
6/27/2018
Topic:
Ship keeps getting stuck on Pick Up orders

Armitage
Armitage
Ah, that's it! There's 1440 Beef at the location. So every turn my Ranch produces 1440 fish, the ship picks up the fish, then waits till the next turn to get the beef. But the ranch produces another 1440 fish and that gets picked up instead.

One of the ways to fix this is to set my ship to pick up specific products and change its orders each time I change Ranch or Farm production, but I definitely will forget to do that.
I could set an order for each type of Crop and Meat, but that will add 8 more turns to the total trip.
Or, I could scrap the old products when I change orders, which should only be necessary if there's 1440 or less.

Thanks, JBD!
edited by Armitage on 6/27/2018
7/6/2018
Topic:
Wings of ships showing in the Megastructures list

Armitage
Armitage
If you go to the Overview tab of the Viewscreen and select Show Data, you'll see a list of Megastructures. At the bottom, some ship wings have begun appearing. For instance, the Overview data for Earth currently shows two Scout Wings and 1 Freighter Wing. The icon to the left of them are trying to access [http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/images/icons/event_s0_17.png] instead of the diamond or planet icons.
12/20/2019
Topic:
Accounting Audit on Players

Armitage
Armitage
Uh oh, I'm on this list!
You caught me, I created a whole shell corporation just to transfer over 3 Adult Toys and a couple hundred Polymer.

I'm not sure why Ares listed those products for $0 on the market. Was it a failed attempt to salvage stacks, or was it intended for someone (or some-alt) else?

Either way, he did raid the Adult Toys and other things right back in battles 10162, 10163, and 10164. Guess he just couldn't let go of them.