Baston

all messages by user

4/26/2016
Topic:
The Alpha Test v2 reporting thread

Baston
Baston
Just a question. There is no refund when you cancel a construction ?
4/26/2016
Topic:

Baston
Baston
There is a bug with the attack order.
When you don't precise the number of turns of attack, you can not edit again the order and it brings you to the error page.
4/26/2016
Topic:

Baston
Baston
I have found something nice :
With only 320 000 on my account I asked for a 400 000 upgrade, to see if it would be delayed until I have enough, but the upgrade was launched the next turn, without enough money.
The accounting page indicates that I have - 80 000 credits, but the numbers next to the turn counter indicate + 80 000 credits.

Also, there is a typo in ViewScreen / Industry / Civiian Services.

By the way, shouldn't something happen when the player has a negative amount of credits ? Because even with -80 000, all my industries are working just fine.
Otherwise, I can technically build anything and don't care anymore about money x)
4/26/2016
Topic:

Baston
Baston
Me again Big Grin

I created a Group of Units to attack, and the general HP of the group dropped to 93% after an attack. Then I removed all the units from the group, I checked their HP, it was 100% for all. Looks like there is a reset of the HP when leaving the group.

Well, that's all for today, I'm gonna sleep (4 a.m. in France).

I will be back later with new bugs smile
edited by Baston on 4/26/2016
4/27/2016
Topic:

Baston
Baston
Doctor Dread wrote:
Baston wrote:
There is a bug with the attack order.
When you don't precise the number of turns of attack, you can not edit again the order and it brings you to the error page.

I cannot get this to happen do you have a unit that is doing this right now? Does it correct itself if you go back to the assets tab (like click at the top) and then try again?

I managed to get the same bug again. You can check the unit group BugTester. Point is, it also show an error when I precise the number of turns of attack, but I had to wait a few turns in each case after creating the order to bug the edit.

Concerning the HP, my group didn't heal when being at the same location than my HQ, it stayed at 93% according to the notes of the assets page, but when I removed the units from the group they were immediatly at full HP, without waiting even one turn. I will try to make it happens again.

Minor problem with group of units : the cost per turn of my group shows 0, but the total cost of my units is 15.

New one : my transport WaT2 sold 557 units of water with only a 500 units storage capacity, according to my accounting page turn 247. And 259 units the next turn. I didn't produce these ressources.
edited by Baston on 4/27/2016
4/28/2016
Topic:

Baston
Baston
Radu85 wrote:
Let's say my base planet is Neptune and i want to go on Earth and open some factory in a city, it is possible?

From what I have seen so far, there is three ways for it :
- You relocate your HQ ( Corporate / Corp HQ / Location ) for 5% of your total Net Worth.
- You create a spaceship to transport and deploy ACP on other planets.
- You liquidate your Corporation, and start again on another planet.
4/28/2016
Topic:

Baston
Baston
Looks like the game is stuck at turn 389.
4/28/2016
Topic:

Baston
Baston
New bug found :
On the page Corporate / Battles, the search type gives no results for "my system" nor "my planet" where some battles already happened, but it does for "Entire Galaxy".
4/29/2016
Topic:

Baston
Baston
(The previous message is mine, looks like I wasn't connected to the forum anymore.)

My money ! x)
I launched the lvl 3 upgrade for my HQ (turn 488), 5M$, and the ongoing upgrade just disappeared without any reason. (I didn't cancel it)

Edit 1 : I'm not sure, but I think that the bug occured when I added something in the construction queue of the HQ. It cancelled the upgrade.

Edit 2 : Other bugs detected :
- The HQ relocate cost me nothing.
- Leveling my HQ to lvl didn't rise the construction number limit and the army limit on the asset page, but when I asked to relocate, it doubled.
- On the Corporate / Overview page, the net worth indicate 16 M $, but if I go on Corporate / Companies, then my pseudo, it indicate only 10 M $, but all other figures are identical.

Edit 3 : I have some upgrade that seem to never launch. I tried to cancel them and ask for the upgrade again, but no succes. The culprits are :
- Fortification : Wally
- Figther : FIG528
Edit 4 : The culprit is FIG528, when I ask for a upgrade from it, it prevents all my military (not construction) upgrades from happening.
Edit 5 : Problem identified : the game says that I don't have enough money, but I do. I need to have something about 2 times the cost of the upgrade to do it.

Otherwise, I reaally enjoy your game, from far the best one I have ever played on a navigator ! And I will continue to hunt the bugs the best I can, to make it even better smile (I just hope that that I don't give you too much overtime)
edited by Baston on 4/29/2016
4/29/2016
Topic:
Shields VS Fortifications

Baston
Baston
Not really a feature request, but something that disturbs me :

The shield description is : "Protects against and draws fire from ship bombardement" , but according to the combat value chart, they are weaker than the fortification against all kind of ships, despite being 5 times more expensive.
Maybe I'm mistaking somewhere, but if I'm not, shields really should be improved.

4/29/2016
Topic:
Shields VS Fortifications

Baston
Baston
Yes, I thought that too, but I checked and they seem to have the same base size than fortification (5).
4/29/2016
Topic:
Chasing option

Baston
Baston
Technically a good idea. Strategically not.
If I was the attacker, I would in this case send a few sacrificial units on the defender, so that he pursues them, and at the same time I would attack the town with my remaining units now that there is no defenses.
4/29/2016
Topic:
Military and logistic contracts

Baston
Baston
Seeing that battles start to occure everywhere in the system, I thought about two other kind of contracts :

- Mercenary contracts :
The player can create a contract with the following parameters :
-- Location : the place he want to be protected by the mercenary.
-- Fixed period or not : The mercenary will be paid for staying a defined period, or per turn.
-- Credits : The amount paid per day, or for the period. May be paid with ressources directly.
-- Power : the minimum fire power of the mercenary.
-- Retreat / defeat penalty.

- Transport contract :
The player pay another to transport ressources from one point to another :
-- Point A
-- Point B
-- Time limit

-- Credits : The amount paid per unit, or for a fixed quantity. May be paid with ressources directly.
-- Delay penalty
-- Loss / cancel penalty : in case the transport is destroyed and the ressources never reach their destination. (stealing is bad)
4/29/2016
Topic:
Raids and military occupation

Baston
Baston
I think that raids are a really important and interesting feature of the game. But in a way they are a waste and could maybe be improved :

- Raids always end by destroying the defender. Maybe there should be an additionnal option for the attacker to let the construictions intact, or with a defined % of HP, to continue raiding a small part of the production.

- In the case where all units and constructions of the defender are destroyed, picking up faster the ressources would be really appreciable.

- Construction could have a "surrender" option, which allow the ennemy to "occupy" the structure after a defined amout of damage when all military units were destroyed, thus stopping the attack. In exchange of the cease-fire, the raid would be more efficient by a few times.

This could bring an even better dynamic to the game, opposed to the political system, where players control other cities and get a financial and ressources tributes from the occupied players (the percentage is defined by the game to prevent abuses). In opposition, players who liberate cities may get a bonus in the next election (once it is implemented).
A sort of republics against empire.

It is probably difficult to do and to balance, but it would be really enjoyable !
4/29/2016
Topic:
Where did you hear about Barons of the Galaxy?

Baston
Baston
Was looking for a substitute to ogame, and read about Barons on a forum.
The description was enough to make me understand that this game in its concept is one of the best that I have ever heard about.
So I waited patiently, tried to contribute by taking part of the kickstarter (too bad it failed, but definitively count me on for the next one ! )

And finally it's here, and I'm already addicted beyond my expectations ! xD
4/30/2016
Topic:

Baston
Baston
Maybe the HQ relocation cost nothing, but there was no delay neither, so there is a problem somewhere.
Concerning the upgrade problem, you confirmed'what I thought, that upgrades come before selling. But even in this case, there is still a problem : the game consider in my case the total cost of upgrades + a fixed value (about 800 000) to test if I can afford launching the upgrades. It's as if there is a qhost upgrade that tries to launch each turn and rises the overall value, if that may help.
I need : ( Upgrade_Cost + 800 000 < Money - Prod_Cost ) to be able to launch my upgrades.

Edit 1 :
I wanna cry x) My HQ lvl 3 upgrade got cancelled again, I have lost in total 10M, and 150 turns for nothing because of this x)
But this time I know exactly what I did during the turn :
- First I asked for a change in "sell products" on the HQ.
- Then the same turn I changed the production pf the HQ. And when the change, the game said : "Currently changing... with 2 turns remaining", instead of the usual one.
And I think I did the same two steps the first time it was cancelled.
(btw is there a way to get a refund ? Because 10 millions is quite a lot.)
(thanks ! Big Grin )

Edit 2 :
The "find location" button on the contract page doesn't work.

Edit 3 :
There seems to be some problem with the wait order. I'm often, if not always stuck at X/0 turn spend on the order.
edited by Baston on 4/30/2016
4/30/2016
Topic:
Group of structure

Baston
Baston
Everything is in the title : it would be nice to have a way to create a group of structures, so that we can sort them easily in the assets page by planets, cities, or by prods for example.
5/1/2016
Topic:

Baston
Baston
I have taken 3 attacks in different places, and the terran federation didn't defend me. Does it only defend againt "entire location" attack, and not in case of a "specific corporation" attack ?
5/2/2016
Topic:

Baston
Baston
Given that I have been completly wiped out of Neptune surface after the defense bug, is there a way in the game to delete the ressources on this planete from my assets list ? Because having ressources that I won't be able to access before a very long time makes the list of assets kind of messy.
5/2/2016
Topic:

Baston
Baston
I don't know if the freighter would survive a trip to neptune ^^
Salvaging, or actually Destroying product isn't a feature yet and I'm not sure it will be. Its a little dangerous to make it just delete or salvage at a whim, no one would ever be able to raid your products before you destroyed them. Looking for a better solution.

I agree, it would kill the "raid" system. Maybe a simple BlackList in the assets, to hide what we don't want to see. Or an option to abandon ressources, putting them in a neutral state where they don't belong to anyone. Well, anyway, I don't think that it is a top priority.

I have found a bug that is far more problematic than that :
It seems that transports can't drop-off a fixed amount of ressources, instead they always drop everything.