rtucken

all messages by user

6/8/2016
Topic:
Structure Logistics

rtucken
rtucken
Did I miss a change note about building logistics being tied to levels now rather then just the amount of structures you have? Current system pretty much destroys any interest I had in the game.
6/9/2016
Topic:
Structure Logistics

rtucken
rtucken
Doctor Dread wrote:
It's a little early in this games lifetime to be using the "I hate this change so much I won't play anymore" card =)

Yes the logistics is working by the level of the building now and not the number of structures, Military units are working in a similar way. Going by a building count makes adding another building at level one potentially devastating to the rest of your economy until it gets to a higher level. Having a level 10 building count as much as a level 1 considering one makes 100x the production is a good argument. Going by level makes a lot more sense. Going by production works also but it would take away from the "higher level structures are more efficient that many smaller structures" mechanic. The purpose of the logistics was to soft cap a corporations maximum size. We can't allow a single corp to eventually have 1,200 structures and owning every planet in a solar system. It also needs to be low enough to make it increasingly difficult to produce a wide variety of goods that combine to the higher tier products. You should be able to get into a couple of them solo, but not several easily. That's where contracting with others comes in.

Military goes by level of the unit for GROUND UNITS only, ships go by their size stat regardless of level. For example a battleship is 4 logistics regardless of its level. Capital ships damage ratings vs. ground was upped a lot this last update also.

As for going outside of Sol System. I plan to make every a "Paid" account in a week or so and you can relocate to the other systems if you like. The outer systems should grow in time. There is an event for City ruler ship in place(!). When a city is formed outside of sol there will be an election within the day for it.
edited by DrDread on 6/9/2016

But as evidenced by the last alpha, currently there is little point moving outside the system, it is simply a net loss in terms of income. The amount of effort and players required to reliably supply even a single city is right now out of the reach of the player base. The Core Group alliance is going to give it a go, but even with our four players dedicated to it I doubt we will be able to grow a city to the point that it makes a return on investment.
6/9/2016
Topic:
Structure Logistics

rtucken
rtucken
What I found was that once you account for cash flow issues from transport it was rarely worth selling items off planet. Combined with the amount of micro mamangement needed to monitor the demand for multiple products in multiple cities, chasing some elusive "max" profit is just a hassle.
6/28/2016
Topic:
The Alpha Test v3 reporting thread

rtucken
rtucken
Upgrade Costs - It costs more to upgrade a battle suit from lvl 3 to lvl 4 then from lvl 4 to lvl 5
6/28/2016
Topic:
Spawning new cities

rtucken
rtucken
What did you expect? The group has been quite clear that they don't allow unannounced forces or presence within their sphere of operation.
6/28/2016
Topic:
Spawning new cities

rtucken
rtucken
See previous ruckus and the results and think again if simply announcing what you are up to meets the stated requirements of the group.
6/28/2016
Topic:
The Alpha Test v3 reporting thread

rtucken
rtucken
Turns have fallen over