IanAlexander

all messages by user

8/29/2016
Topic:
HQ Upgrading

IanAlexander
IanAlexander
If you upgrade your HQ, will all the construction in cue under the HQ be halted until the upgrade is completed? Thank you for your help.
8/29/2016
Topic:
HQ Upgrading

IanAlexander
IanAlexander
Thanks
8/31/2016
Topic:
APC Unit Cargo Space

IanAlexander
IanAlexander
Does anyone know how much cargo space the 3 APC units are each: Structure, Military, and Shipyard? I have Corvettes already built so I was wondering. Thank you for the help.
8/31/2016
Topic:
APC Unit Cargo Space

IanAlexander
IanAlexander
Thank you very much. There should be a chart for cargo items to be loaded somewhere, would be helpful.
9/1/2016
Topic:
2nd Level Industries

IanAlexander
IanAlexander
When compiling the three elements for a new product, what is the best way to ensure the elements are not sold by your transports? Is there code to leave a set amount? Thanks Again for all the help,
9/1/2016
Topic:
2nd Level Industries

IanAlexander
IanAlexander
Thank you for the input, it is strange, that we pay for storage but can't utilize it to actually store what we want?
9/1/2016
Topic:
2nd Level Industries

IanAlexander
IanAlexander
Excellent idea, would have to use to see how I can use it, but worth a try, Awesome! Thought it through would work well for my situation. Thanks,
edited by IanAlexander on 9/1/2016
9/2/2016
Topic:
2nd Level Industries

IanAlexander
IanAlexander
Realistically if a store of usable products can't be held at the 2nd tier factory, there is no advancement in the game, Currently I can not produce my 2nd tier product because one of the components sells out every turn and there is no way I can control this because it is being sold via transport. Please let me know what I can do, running the factory at $800 a turn with no production want last long. The game is set up so it is to a companies advantage to distribute items and sell them where they need to go, not sell only at your factory. So you can't do this without sacrificing the potential for 2nd or 3rd tier items being produced. Thank you for all your help,
9/2/2016
Topic:
2nd Level Industries

IanAlexander
IanAlexander
There are 8 of them. That would be impossible. And a large transport would mean a significant loss as far as profit some 30 to 40 each, also useless. Thanks for ideas though. Looks like the Factory is manufacturing about every third turn, not very profitable at all. Guess I should not sell the components at all and let the storage cost be about 70 or a 80 turn? Maybe if the Factories had priority use of the components over the transports or sales, it might work, all ideas are welcome, just want this to work for everyone. Thanks,
edited by IanAlexander on 9/2/2016
9/2/2016
Topic:
O Crowding

IanAlexander
IanAlexander
OK, if I am reading the materials correctly. I get penalized for someone else manufacturing too much in the same location. So Level 1 producing, 16 units at 59% OC would not be worth producing even if I did not plan to sell any of the items at that location. I would be getting 4 items out of this production run or would it be 16 at the added cost? Either way, this is to the advantage of larger players and makes it to the disadvantage of all. It would be fair if the individual overproducing received the penalty and other receive a bonus or at least not a penalty, in my opinion.
edited by IanAlexander on 9/2/2016
9/2/2016
Topic:
O Crowding

IanAlexander
IanAlexander
Don't see that perspective at all, I see that if a larger player gets to an area first and over builds it, no one else is allowed the same advantage. By that I mean grouping of resources or proximity to ones HQ. I have no choice but to build in an OC area to get the resource combination that I need to complete the most efficient/practical means to more wealth for the company. Thank you for explaining though, I appreciate your input, and making it simpler to understand.
9/2/2016
Topic:
2nd Level Industries

IanAlexander
IanAlexander
Yes and both defeat the purpose of the game itself. If you can not control elements to manufacture items or control what you can sell, you have no control over your potential gain or loss in the game. I am being charged to holding inventory I have no control over what I am holding. All I am doing now is guessing at it. So my factory will run when it decides to run, not when I decide that. All input is appreciated, but this is a major game flaw, that will not stand if it were to be a paid game or even a free plus paid game.
9/3/2016
Topic:
2nd Level Industries

IanAlexander
IanAlexander
You can't manage something you can't control or know its limits and boundaries. It is all guessing, no strategy involved. I will give some suggestions, one you can not tell if a factory has sufficient materials, unless you go under the production of it every time it produces, you can not even guess how long it will take to get a ship from one planet to another, no charts--so can't tell if and when it will arrive to your factory. It is very hard to plan growth of something you can't judge where it starts and ends? I like the game and that it is not a pay to win game, and that it was developed with strategy in mind, but these and other areas prevent planning.
edited by IanAlexander on 9/3/2016
9/3/2016
Topic:
Exotic Chemical Structure APC Did not Deploy

IanAlexander
IanAlexander
I attempted to deploy an Exotic Chemical Structure at Mercury 7 and it did not deploy. It vanished. I deployed a Basic Metal APC Structure at Mercury 7 that I needed also and it did deploy there. Maybe it did not deploy because they were deployed at the same time? It gave me the APC back, I am trying again, will let you know if I do not succeed.
edited by IanAlexander on 9/3/2016
9/3/2016
Topic:

IanAlexander
IanAlexander
It did not work, trying again, 3rd time.
9/4/2016
Topic:

IanAlexander
IanAlexander
Sorry fell asleep waiting, it deployed. I am good. Thank you very much,
9/4/2016
Topic:
Transports

IanAlexander
IanAlexander
Can you move a transport via Corvette? and if so, does it count as 100 cargo like an APC unit? Thank you for your help.