RadCavalier

all messages by user

6/8/2018
Topic:
Suggestions on Narrative, Inflation and Friction

RadCavalier
RadCavalier
All of these responses make me incredibly excited for the future. Big Grin And as far as combat relevent ideas for planetary quirks, I'll brainstorm and see if I can offer a list of suggestions. I know how taxing it can be to come up with this stuff, so any way we can help crowdsource ideas to lighten your load, just let us know!
6/10/2018
Topic:
Suggestions on Narrative, Inflation and Friction

RadCavalier
RadCavalier
So after doing some brainstorming, I looked at your old list of quirks and almost every single one of my ideas was listed there in some fashion. While I totally get that it wouldn't make sense for the old ideas to simply give you free resources, it could be interesting to have the quirks impact city demand or provide % bonuses to production. Like a "Weak Magnetic Field" meaning any product with "Radioactive" in the name gets 10% bonus to production at the cost of -2-5% pop growth due to radioactivity (it doubly makes sense that an Arcology would mitigate this from a lore perspective as well).

At any rate, I've been haunting the Discord and doing some thinking myself, and I've got an additional list of suggestions. As ever, we know that you're busy, and the last thing I want from barraging you with suggestions is for you to feel overwhelmed at all by them. These are just things we think would be cool because we all get so jazzed about the game. :P

-(Extension to the Tariffs idea)Trade Embargo: Banning a corp or guild from an industry within the sphere of your rulership. Since this would be such an extreme measure, perhaps it would cost an expense in prestige?

-A "frontier" spawn modifier that dictates raider/pirate spawn rates dependent upon the development.
Star Lord = Core System = 75% Raider spawn 50% Pirate spawn
Planetary Emperor = Developing System = 100% Raider spawn 100% Pirate spawn
Mayor = Frontier System = 125% Raider Spawn 150% Pirate spawn
No Ruler = Lawless Space = 150% Raider spawn 200% Pirate Spawn

-Another suggestion was to have pirate bases pop up on low-pop (under 10mil) planets in high-pop systems. This would give corps in developed worlds something to do with their ships on the off-time, hunting down the pirates that cling to the fringes of society.

-Offering a "Corp Bio" section which would just be an 1000 character text field where people could state their goals and purpose. It would go a long way towards making each corp special and unique without being too difficult to implement.

-A separate forum specifically for Stories and RP fiction. It would be a good place for the Grand History to get pinned, and I imagine it would encourage people to write stories about the lives of people trapped in the great tides of corporate intrigue.

-The ability for a ruler to institute a city-wide event at the cost of prestige/money. Like a military parade to give a temporary buff to army effectiveness, or “declaring a holiday” to make a demand for a particular industry grow by 2% per turn for a short time. Could even incorporate other players present in the city by, say, hosting some kind of city-wide festival. Not only would the size of the festival be determined by total amount invested, but perhaps there are certain bonuses for being the #1, 2 and 3 contributor (pulling this idea from Civ V with its global events like that World Fair).

-A display when making Move To Location orders that displays the total turns the trip will take.

That's all I've got right now. Thanks again for taking the time to read through!
-Shaw
6/12/2018
Topic:
Guide: Artifact List

RadCavalier
RadCavalier
Bingo. I think we've got a winner.
6/12/2018
Topic:
Orders option for orbital guns

RadCavalier
RadCavalier
That would tie in nicely with DrDread's capture ideas.