ArcherBullseye

all messages by user

2/12/2017
Topic:
Typo

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
Hey,

Just wanted to pass on a typo. "Are you sure" not "yousure" Sorry I have done some prod QA in the past and this type of thing bothers me. :-) I am enjoying the game so far!

edited by ArcherBullseye on 2/12/2017
2/12/2017
Topic:
Typo

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
Also, for some reason it stuck in a bug where its only selling 1 at a time. It looks like the demand is there but its not selling them all.

2/12/2017
Topic:
Typo

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
Oh man, ok thanks for looking into it. Just happened when I changed my orders for that transport to try to sell two different types of things at the same port. So thought it was related. I only had experience with docking two of my own ships at a city to unload and had not considered other players. :-)
2/16/2017
Topic:
City Links from Reports

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
Hello,

It would be great if the city names in the demand reports were linkable back to the viewscreen... or maybe if the report showed the current volume of that city as well. I find myself spending a lot of time flipping between the report and clicking away at the view screen to try to find the best places to sell my materials.

Thanks for reading,
Archer Bullseye
2/16/2017
Topic:
Salvage Hurts the Game?

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
Something just seems wrong with the way that salvage is built into the game currently. Why would anyone take the time to contract/transport raw materials to other players for $100-200/per if they can instantly salvage them for $200-300? (P.S. Dont do this, send them all to Buenos Aires) XD

I understand this could be higher due to current state of the game, but I am wondering if there is a better way to do this.

Thanks for reading,
Archer Bullseye
2/16/2017
Topic:
Production Bonus ?

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
I assumed the same thing! Thanks for clarifying.
2/16/2017
Topic:
Production Bonus ?

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
Follow up question.. The stated cost to run it, is that before or after the bonus?

Example:
Cost: 24,243 per turn
Bonus: +65% (+25 / +40 / --- / --- )

So is it 24k or 24k-65%?
2/20/2017
Topic:
City Links from Reports

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
I think that would be good, although maybe too complex for some.
2/20/2017
Topic:
City Export Tax

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
I think it might help grow the game if there was a vote or the city ruler could enact an export tax.

I currently have a situation on Buenos Aires where I spent a good deal of time and money driving down the demand in order to help my city grow, and then a larger corp just comes in and buys everything up at that cheap rate. Meaning I will have to spend even more time/money driving down demand again to get the city growing.
What is the point in growing a city if someone can come in and profit off of undoing your work?
2/20/2017
Topic:
City Export Tax

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
Don't get me wrong. I think what you are doing us an ingenious way to push the game mechanics to their limits. I just think swooping in with a fleet of level 2 ships to buy and dump back on the planet is detrimental to the game as a whole.

You mentioned real life, as and as such that's one of the reasons you have import/export taxes, to protect the host country. Right?
2/20/2017
Topic:
Salvage Hurts the Game?

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
I think maybe just lowering the % of return for salvage would discourage its use to only extreme use cases. Like 10%-25% of the planet demand... ?
2/20/2017
Topic:
City Export Tax

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
"My level one transports buy and drop then my warp freighter comes in and picks it all up and takes it to Odegard to sell and drive down demand. I'm not just leaving it there"

I understand what you are doing. But I built the phase 1 of my infrastructure to support my city to drive down demand in my city, but now you are driving down demand in your city, at the cost of mine. See what I am saying? Again, I am not mad or anything, just seems like there should be a better way to deal with it. Seems like you couls have the resources to deal with your own city demand without driving up the demand in other cities?
2/20/2017
Topic:
City Export Tax

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
Off topic, but thanks for voting for me. Restores my faith in humity (just a little) that people can disagree on something and don't have to become vile enemies lol
2/21/2017
Topic:
Salvage Hurts the Game?

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
Excellent!
2/21/2017
Topic:
Materials Database

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
Do you have anything public you could share as to what components are needed for each item?

I know there is one at the HQ, but I am looking for something more in the raw non GUI format. Thanks!
2/22/2017
Topic:
Materials Database

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
Thanks.. And thank you for using discriptive headers. Lol
2/22/2017
Topic:
City Export Tax

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
Ya, figured it was an unteresting thing to try in Beta. I am making more money then I can spend right now, so no reason to not try.. Wanted to get it to 3m pop at least.
2/24/2017
Topic:
City Export Tax

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
Thanks, maybe next Beta :-)
2/24/2017
Topic:
Delete All Mail

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
A small thing, but a delete all private comm's would be nice. A little red X up at the top right of the table.
2/26/2017
Topic:
HQ Production Change

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
Time to change production at HQ seems to be listed incorrectly. Is it 1 turn, or more?