Teluna

all messages by user

5/26/2017
Topic:
Turns taken for consecutive transfer cargo actions

Teluna
Teluna
This is especially annoying when working out logistics for pastures and farms. 10 turns of a 12 turn loop is spent picking up and dropping off my 5 different meats or crops. I can think of a few technical reasons why simultaneous transfer actions may be difficult to handle, but if there is any way to make it work, it would make life so much easier.
5/27/2017
Topic:

Teluna
Teluna
That is hardly an ideal solution, and it only works for trade routes on the same planet.
5/27/2017
Topic:

Teluna
Teluna
That actually kind of ties in to another feature I was thinking of requesting. First though, yeah I figured that was one of the issues with getting a same-turn pickup going with different products. Any tight rules needed to make it work though would totally be worth it. Like if you had to specify exact quantities for everything, and if any one of those would not be able to be picked up then the whole action gets put on hold and tries again next turn.

As for Drop Everything, I do use it for the 2 cities I have constructed a Distribution Center in. DCs are a godsend and make trading with the city you have one in much more convenient, however the logistics cost on them makes it difficult to justify building more or upgrading existing ones. I get that the benefit of having a DC is large enough to warrant having some non-trivial cost tied to it, though I think that perceived benefit is in part due to lack of alternative options that should probably be there. For example, what if there was effectively a 1-size distribution center either available for construction with no logistics cost or inherent to every city that would allow players to drop their cargo off and let the selling be done with that one slot? Selling would still be limited by volume, and you would still only be selling one type of product per turn, however your routes become much more fluid and easy to plan. One alternative to a logistics cost for these types of buildings that I think would be pretty reasonable is a flat tax on all goods sold through them. Logistics cost on production facilities makes sense because ideally you're benefiting from them every turn and they are necessary for progression. Distribution Centers are not always going to be stocked, and the benefit they provide is one that can be achieved in less efficient and more annoying ways to avoid the industry logistics cap.
edited by Teluna on 5/27/2017
edited by Teluna on 5/27/2017
5/27/2017
Topic:

Teluna
Teluna
Is the presence of a distribution center in that example different because it gives the attackers something to target? Would that 1 sale slot 'distribution kiosk' be able to provide the same target for attackers?
5/27/2017
Topic:

Teluna
Teluna
I was never advocating for a risk free method of trading, and I agree that is something that should always be present. To be honest I hadn't considered camping a transport at every city in my trade route. You're right that it is effectively the same thing, even if it is a bit more tedious, however I imagine that is more an example of emergent gameplay than something actually intended for transports. A more intuitive solution would be ideal, but I get that it may not be a priority. The idea of picking up and dropping off multiple items of different types is definitely one I would love to see though, and I'm glad to hear it's on Dread's radar.
6/1/2017
Topic:
If-Goto logic for unit commands

Teluna
Teluna
Being able to auto rotate production for things like Pastures and Farms would be lovely, especially if it can avoid the turn delay on production swap. Alternatively, being able to split production on one farm or pasture to produce like half beef half fish each turn might also be neat, though that might be a little too much.
6/4/2017
Topic:
Balance Suggestion: Research at HQ

Teluna
Teluna
I definitely support the idea of making artifacts more accessible considering their significance. I have no problem with the possible solutions you gave, but just to add another one to the pile: What about spawning more than one artifact location per system? Can still limit the high yield artifact to one location, but maybe throw in a couple 2-4s on other planets as well. This keeps some element of risk to research while still allowing more people the chance to get some of those rare units.
6/26/2017
Topic:
Policy on deleting unpaid inactive accounts

Teluna
Teluna
Does this extend to accounts that were once paid, but let their subscription lapse and took a break? If so, could the inactive time before deletion on these once-paid accounts maybe increase depending on how many months that account previously subscribed to? Pretty niche request, but that's the boat I am finding myself in right now =p
6/26/2017
Topic:
Policy on deleting unpaid inactive accounts

Teluna
Teluna
I have no issue auto liquidating after a month. You don't see someone getting really into this game and playing as a sub for several months, maybe lose some big war or something and decide to step away for more than a month before getting that itch again? Having their previous HQ level and a bunch of liquid capital would make it a lot easier to get back into it rather than starting completely from scratch.