Ranged

all messages by user

6/20/2017
Topic:
Reaching 10 mil pop should open 2 new star systems

Ranged
Ranged
When 10 million population is reached, only one new star system opens up currently. This is sort of strange and limits colonization and exploration a fair bit, not to mention being forced to colonize rather useless systems to make the game progress. It will also take ~ages~ to ever expand past Sector 1, not to mention Orion and perhaps one day Alpha. Doubling the amount of systems opened up after properly colonizing one sounds like a good improvement to me. Discuss?
6/20/2017
Topic:
Reaching 10 mil pop should open 2 new star systems

Ranged
Ranged
Hutton's post is what I meant. Why spend valuable effort and resources developing systems that are relatively resource poor? Not every system should have 40 million people in it, only those that are worth having 40 million people in. At the moment it is being enforced that every system will have that amount of citizens or the progression stops. When you give the players more choices on where to go it will naturally leave behind some relatively empty systems, and some more developed ones. Imagine finding a world with massive resources of every quantity, naturally that will become a huge trade-hub, surrounded by some poorer systems who only have good agriculture or metals, feeding it those resources. You will see humanity spread out in clusters instead of everywhere. Some wasteland, then suddenly a massive population center fed and supplied by the surrounding systems, who have no more than maybe 10 million people.
6/28/2017
Topic:
game is blocked?

Ranged
Ranged
It will be resolved soon(tm)
7/9/2017
Topic:
Regarding demand in cities

Ranged
Ranged
I suggest giving much higher weights on pop growth/decline on the food and water products. A city should die out because it couldn't be supplied with music holoreels and personal aircraft, it should die out because the people starve (or can't maintain their houses, maybe add some of the construction material components to this idea). If a city is fully supplied with food and water (maybe <150 demand) there should be no pop loss, or maybe no pop loss lower than 1 million.
7/10/2017
Topic:
Custom Vote almost done, some tweaks

Ranged
Ranged
Don't you think 25 is a bit harsh? Wolf has 9 planets, it would mean every planet needed 3 cities at the minimum, with some needing 4. 20 sounds more reasonable IMO.
7/14/2017
Topic:
New Star Lord requirements

Ranged
Ranged
So far we don't have a single Star Lord yet, while 6 systems have already been opened up. This likely means that the current demands for a Star Lord, 3 planets with emperors, is a little high. So let's change that a bit?

My suggestion: A Star Lord can be elected when:
Every habitable celestial body in the system has at least one city
There are an amount of city rulers equal to 1/nth of the amount of habitable bodies in the system
The system has a minimum population of x million

These values are all subject to be changed of course, but they would be easier to achieve than the current demands.
8/18/2017
Topic:
Perhaps its time to tweak Geo Boosters

Ranged
Ranged
I'd say reduce it back to 5% and see how that turns out first. The reason that we have 110 mil pop cities is because there's over 20% growth/100 turns pretty much permanently, and 30% every now and then. It needs a looooot of pop loss to make up to that. Halving it would have a noticeable effect.
1/15/2018
Topic:
Some sort of API to request data from

Ranged
Ranged
Data like current demand of products in cities on requests would be a great help already, could allow you to build out of game tools or spreadsheets to keep track of when you should and shouldn't sell, or what your city could use best right now. Sure it's available in-game too but as games like Eve Online have proven, third party applications can be of immense help.
11/11/2019
Topic:
New Megastructure ideas

Ranged
Ranged
Greetings!

I have some ideas for various megastructures that I believe would fit the game pretty well. The current ones are cool, but the variety is a bit lacking smile

City scale (MCP):

• Mega Industrial Complex
    Increases the output of all production facilities in the city, without affecting upkeep.
  • Supercomputing Facility
    Increases the research points the owner has available.

Planet scale (OCP):

• Ringworld habitat. Reference: https://i.imgur.com/iaHbA6Q.jpg
    Provides a population growth bonus (like an arcology) to every planet on the city. Additionally, structures can be build at the ringworld city, and civilian services can be sold to it as if it were a spaceport.
  • Orbital mirrors. Reference from The Expanse: http://i.imgur.com/WmV8Ocj.jpg
    These massive structures can direct sunlight from orbit to a certain point on the ground, allowing for massive greenhouses and farms on planets that would normally be extremely hard to farm on.
    Structure can not be built around Terran or Toxic planets (too many clouds. Gas giants is fine, the cities float above the clouds!).
    This megastructure will create farm and ranch resource nodes on the planet below. Node value and the amount of nodes will scale with the level of the structure.
System scale (OCP, new, must be around system star):
  • Supergate.
    This massive, expensive supergate can only be deployed on one of the four spots around a star.
    Once deployed, it can link to another supergate in a different star system. Travel between two linked supergates is instantaneous.
  • Dyson Swarm.
    Not quite a Dyson Sphere, this megastructure is a large amount of huge solar arrays in close orbit around the sun.
    Cheap energy! Reduces production costs of all industry in the system.
  • Solar Forge.
    The most advanced shipyard imaginable. This expensive facility allows the direct of certain rare, advanced units. (E.g. the supercarriers, battlestars and the other units like those. Maybe some artifact units.)

Feel free to suggest other structure ideas you might have!
edited by Ranged on 11/11/2019
11/11/2019
Topic:
New Megastructure ideas

Ranged
Ranged
Ohh cool, curious to see how it will work out