Rekkles

all messages by user

8/17/2017
Topic:
Options for "Raiding" Items/Artifacts

Rekkles
Rekkles
I suppose we can make it happen if you are set to raid after all. I mean if you're raiding you'll be moving stuff into cargo while attacking and if the military defense clears then the raid gives you "max cargo" transfer on that turn (because theres no military) and then converts the rest on the ground to your coprs. So next round the attack order will see that there is nothing to "raid" anymore and move the order to the next one. Actually if the enemyis producing there will be more product every round, BUT one of the triggers to stop a raid attack is that your cargo is full, and it will be, or at least at the point wher you can take anymore cargo it triggers as raid is over.

This.
8/17/2017
Topic:
Artifacts and ships

Rekkles
Rekkles
Agreed. Not going to really bother with kitting out large/medium ships currently.

Also - I feel like maybe some sort of negative attack modifier could potentially be put in place for units on Carriers?
8/17/2017
Topic:
Ion Cannon

Rekkles
Rekkles
The description for the ion gun mentions twice that it is effective against large ships.

However it's stats says very different story.

Still a good unit, just a little inconsistent. smile
8/18/2017
Topic:
Ion Cannon

Rekkles
Rekkles
All fair points. Maybe I just looked at it compared to the Ion Cannon, and overlooked the ability for it to move, and its effectiveness against other units. Perhaps a slight tweaking of its description then?
edited by Rekkles on 8/18/2017
8/29/2017
Topic:
Spaceport

Rekkles
Rekkles
Just in terms of the profits from spaceports,
as an idea, could it work instead by also somehow getting taxed per sale? E.g. 10% of all profits - 5% of every sell.
So In quiet systems, its still less effective, but is more efficient - taking less total money but costing less in upkeep.

Also- cant wait for raiding $$$!
8/29/2017
Topic:
Daily quests

Rekkles
Rekkles
Just a thought:

How about daily quests?

They could reward things like Cash, increased logistics (say up to 25% more for each?), items, or units.
8/30/2017
Topic:
Daily quests

Rekkles
Rekkles
Nice ideas Machina! I really like the idea of more political and economy quest rewards.

Sorry, i should have clarified, If a daily gave me a 1% increase in my logistics, to a maximum of +25%, that would be awesome, but neither overpowered or 'only for paying/high levels'

Also;

Search and Deploy - after being given a search field (3x3 or 4x4) to find a key of some sort which, when deployed at another given co-ordinate rewards 25k of a random raw material.
8/30/2017
Topic:
Economic Development Report.

Rekkles
Rekkles
Loving it!
9/2/2017
Topic:
Multi-Accounts (Alts)

Rekkles
Rekkles
Machina raises a really good point actually. I'd rather see Dread spending time making the game even more amazing than dealing with a few people that, for the most part, can be dealt with by the community.

So long as we have a good set of tools to determine (to the best we can) who is abusing alts, then the community should be able to handle that.
9/3/2017
Topic:
Stabilizing populations

Rekkles
Rekkles
Is it possible (and would it be wise) to have components, end products and civil services have a decreasing effect on population growth based on the population at a city?

For example - Since components only start climbing at 2 Mil, could they also start of with say only a 50% effect on the population at 2 Mil, rising to 100% at 4 Mil. Likewise with End products having 50% effect at 3Mil up to 100% at 6 Mil and Civil services at 5 and 10 Mil. On the flipside, once a city drops below 2.5Mil (half of 5), Civil services would have 0 effect on population decline. Likewise with End products at 1.5 and Components at 1.

This would mean that, during growth they are less important, and also importantly in a crashing city, they eventually become less important. A city with 1 mill population thats still declining hard because there isnt enough Adult Toys is a bit silly.
A city could still crash without the raw materials, but it makes it a whole lot easier to save a city, and stabilizes the growth of a city without affecting the actual end population or profits.
edited by Rekkles on 9/3/2017
9/5/2017
Topic:
Stabilizing populations

Rekkles
Rekkles
Ah i didnt know about that! Awesome!
9/5/2017
Topic:
Optimizing the Demand.Industry screens

Rekkles
Rekkles
Thanks for all this work Dread, really appreciate it
9/6/2017
Topic:
Orbitals and guild units

Rekkles
Rekkles
Do the more militaristic orbital mega-structures extend their protection to guildmates?
9/8/2017
Topic:
Orders for production buildings.

Rekkles
Rekkles
I just thought last night that it would be AMAZING if I could issue orders to my buildings.

Commands could include
*Produce until X amount at current location
*Produce for X number of turns
*Change production to X
*Buy X until Y amount at current location
*Buy X while demand is under Y
*Sell X until Y demand
*Sell X until Y amount at current location
*Wait
*Loop

Would seriously be awesome
9/13/2017
Topic:
Orders for production buildings.

Rekkles
Rekkles
Doctor Dread wrote:
Rekkles wrote:
I just thought last night that it would be AMAZING if I could issue orders to my buildings.

Commands could include
*Produce until X amount at current location
*Produce for X number of turns
*Change production to X
*Buy X until Y amount at current location
*Buy X while demand is under Y
*Sell X until Y demand
*Sell X until Y amount at current location
*Wait
*Loop

Would seriously be awesome

I really don't want to give structures an "orders list" =)

I think something like Stop buying/selling at "X" demand would work easily, can d o it for ships also. But as for Produce X until (condition) then switch to Y, that's major, Perhaps instead a way to "Bulk Update Production/Buy/Sell" kind of like Mass Upgrades does would make it a lot easier to switch your entire industry

That works too! smile

I just find it takes me about 30 minutes to swap my industry around to the right amounts of X-Y-Z raw materials and components to go from producing one type of vehicle to another.
9/13/2017
Topic:
Daily quests

Rekkles
Rekkles
Awesome idea!!!