Rekkles

all messages by user

7/13/2017
Topic:
Where did you hear about Barons of the Galaxy?

Rekkles
Rekkles
I found it be searching games similar to O-game.
This seems to be superior is almost every aspect.

I'm a daft hand at photoshop, and i can program pretty decently. Happy to contribute any help that may be needed, although Uni has me pretty flat out.

Either way, looking forward to seeing how this game plays out
7/13/2017
Topic:
Distribution Center tweaks

Rekkles
Rekkles
I feel like number two would be really handyas well. I'm kinda thinking along the lines of 'warehousing' resources, making them only able to be picked up as cargo (or even having the ability to specify what can be done with it). If they got priority filling from incoming resources, it'd be sweet as.

Good ideas smile
edited by Rekkles on 7/13/2017
7/15/2017
Topic:
License Agreements, Corporate Services and Waste

Rekkles
Rekkles
Wow, awesome! Even better ideas, I cant wait to see how it progresses!!
7/16/2017
Topic:
Custom Vote implemented and lower const. times

Rekkles
Rekkles
Sorry, just a little unclear what you mean by cut the construction time in half. In game im seeing that it takes less time to build ships,

when you said:
Doctor Dread Ships take enormously long times to build compared to ground units (now). Since ground units can be built at higher level at higher level bases, you can make a dozen level 10 ground units in a day with a couple of bases. Shipyards also reduce time by up to half at level 10 but It still takes weeks instead of days to put the same kind of money onto the field.
[/quote
wrote:

It made it sound like it should take LONGER for ships to be built.
7/16/2017
Topic:
Ruler initiated justice against abusive players

Rekkles
Rekkles
Brilliant idea! Keep up the amazing work!
7/17/2017
Topic:
View corporation assets

Rekkles
Rekkles
Just wondering if its the best idea to be able to freely view other corporations assets and their location, particularly in regards to items and resources.
Makes targeting their weaknesses rather easy no?
7/17/2017
Topic:
Ruler initiated justice against abusive players

Rekkles
Rekkles
Aywanez wrote:
That sounds like it would make abuse by strong players easier. But of course it isn't that hard now, and there is relatively little of it, so maybe that's ok.

Then you dont want corrupt starlords eh? Would make voting for a good leader more important!
7/17/2017
Topic:
Ocrowd - facilities with reduced production

Rekkles
Rekkles
Vulpex wrote:
My understanding of the Ocrowd mechanism was that the more materials are extracted from a resource, the higher the Ocrowd goes.

However this is not what seems to be happening.

Specifically Ocrowd seems to consider facilities which are not in production (HALTED) to be in full production when calculating the Ocrowd penalty. Thus even if several people in a location are not producing anything the rest is hit by a potentially very significant Ocrowd penalty.

It seems like this is both a bug and a problem as it can be used to cheaply overcrowd locations (you overcrowd by not producing anything - so you pay very little for causing the Ocrowd).

I suspect that this is not what is intended but it has at times a very important impact on the game economics.

(I am not sure how Ocrowding handles facilities in partial production but that may be also an issue? Maybe worth checking if this is being looked into)

I didnt find this.
My facilities were caused the overcrowding in a particular area to jump to 44%.
I switched it off, and checked out the overcrowding, which had dropped to 30%

Not to say its not happening, but at least in Cairo it didnt :p
7/17/2017
Topic:
Community Support German (Deutsch)

Rekkles
Rekkles
Bin ich nicht einer, aber ich muss mein deutsch einueben :p
7/18/2017
Topic:
View corporation assets

Rekkles
Rekkles
Aywanez wrote:
Even though corporations in the game are not publicly traded (wouldn't that be something though?) they still have to delare all their assets.

That would be something though huh!!

I guess there is a big difference in my mind between knowing that someone has 1,000,000 exotic fabric and knowing that someone has 1,000,000 exotic fabric, stored at 11:12 on mars, guarded by whatever troops. Oh and they have 10 level 10 frigates moving away from that location. All for free, up-to-date and instantly.

I know many other games have espionage (and counter espionage), and i feel like that would fit beautifully into this game. Also feel like it kinda forces everyone to build up military in a significant way unless you have another player to protect you.

Course that's just me, and i tend to throw in my 2c far more often than needed :p

Peace!
7/20/2017
Topic:
Moon Charter - Research Centers

Rekkles
Rekkles
We at Cygnos would like to advise all other corporations that we are hoping to hold office in Shanghai in the upcoming elections, and will abide by all current and future iterations of the Moon Charter. We have begun construction of a research center in Lewis, but it will remain inoperative until such time as we hold an official office position.

We would also be remiss if we didn't point out the two current active research center belonging to a Small Giants corporation and a Grandor Drones Corp, neither of who currently hold any office positions, which is in breach of the Moon Charter. It may be that they have been granted leave to do so, but we dont have such information available to us.

Peace and prosperity.
edited by Rekkles on 7/20/2017
7/20/2017
Topic:
Multi-Accounts (Alts)

Rekkles
Rekkles
There are pro's and cons to it, but I'm also much more on the 'lets make it not okay' spectrum.

Pros:
It does create more product.
It 'fills' the universe up more.
Its also fun.
It can be used to help self/others.

Cons:
Primarily, i think the biggest issue is evasion of the logistics caps which allow for a player to be larger than the intended size.

My personal opinion is:
  • Forbid multi-accounting.
  • Because its impossible to know for sure if someone is multi-accounting or if its just two people being legit, even with the technical checks, have no further rules or stipulations.
  • Allow for players to submit a ticket or something if they believe a player is multi-accounting, then (with all the spare time i'm sure you don't want to spend on this kind of thing) have Seren or Dread check the activity to see if its likely to be a multi-accounting issue or just two people playing from the same place.
  • If someone is suspecting of multi-accounting, They should be given a warning and allowed to reply.
  • If there is more suspicious activity, the account that seems to be the main account should be banned for 4 weeks.
  • If there is a repeat offense, both accounts should be deleted.

Just my 2c though, and i know im new smile
edited by Rekkles on 7/20/2017
7/20/2017
Topic:
Moon Charter - Research Centers

Rekkles
Rekkles
Hutton wrote:
Small Giants and Grandor may be leasing the rights from another city, but that city should be listed in the name of their center. For future reference, building or maintaining a halted research center is permitted at the discretion of the City Manager. Best to contact them directly through the Comms to avoid misunderstandings.

Exactly, but since they have neither the name in their center or hold office we figured we should bring it up.

Thanks for the heads up.
7/22/2017
Topic:
Bug with AI Supervirus Artifact

Rekkles
Rekkles
Yeah noticed that too. Seems to be where your HQ is based, not where you make sales.
7/22/2017
Topic:
Distribution Center buy/sell amount

Rekkles
Rekkles
Essentially like the buy/sell orders of most vehicles,
it would be awesome to be able to buy a certain amount of a product, and not have to wake up at 2am to delete my buy order because I've driven up demand to 150%

Im not addicted. What are you talking about?
7/23/2017
Topic:
Separation of events and private messages

Rekkles
Rekkles
Simple QoL improvement,
Have event messages go into one inbox and another inbox purely for private messages between players.

smile
7/23/2017
Topic:
Distribution Center buy/sell amount

Rekkles
Rekkles
Well, shoot me silly and call me a turkey. Its already there. Thanks Aywanez!
edited by Rekkles on 7/23/2017
7/23/2017
Topic:
Separation of events and private messages

Rekkles
Rekkles
Im sure you have a million and one things to do, keep up the awesome work!!
7/23/2017
Topic:
Any Newbie Guides?

Rekkles
Rekkles
I find its a good idea to spread what you're making. You can always upgrade the farm you currently have, and it'll see though through times where that particular product is not in demand.

But yeah, the buy low-sell high works wonders too.
7/31/2017
Topic:
Flip numbers for buying materials

Rekkles
Rekkles
The current display is (total to buy)/(total bought so far). Kinda feels weird.

Same with the number of items in a ships cargo (cargo capacity/items in cargo).

Not a big deal, but figured id mention it the same smile