Shimrod

all messages by user

4/17/2018
Topic:
Tutorial Bug

Shimrod
Shimrod
The last section of the tutorial told me to send the ACP to where there was Basic Woods and make a lumber yard to produce Rare Woods -

Now that you have an Automated Construction Package (ACP) Item created you can use your Transport to pick it up and deploy it at another location.
We recommend a location at Alpha | Orion | Sector 1 | Sol | Earth | 6:14
Which contains a resource of Basic Woods at a value of 12
You can construct another transport with reduced construction time.
  • 01 - Select "Transfer Cargo" from the menu, "Pick-Up" for Direction, "All Items" for Category
  • 01 - Select the ACP Item you created (Should be "(ACP) Structure")
  • 01 - Click on "Add This Order" and it should now appear on the units order list
  • 02 - Now Select "Move To Location" and click "Find on Map". Zoom into grid: 6:14
  • 02 - Click the green button along the top to confirm the location and then click on "Add This Order"
  • 03 - Next select "Deploy an Item" and choose (ACP) Structure and for the Structure Type select Lumber Yard and for the Initial Product choose Rare Woods.
When you are finished your orders should look like this:

NumTypeDetails
1Transfer CargoPick-Up | (ACP) Structure - Qty: ALL
2Move To LocationAlpha | Orion | Sector 1 | Sol | Earth | 6:14
3Deploy an Item(ACP) Structure | Lumber Yard | Rare Woods - Qty: ALL

This tutorial will be complete when you have a structure in a location other than your Corp HQ
4/17/2018
Topic:
Not grasping some concepts

Shimrod
Shimrod
As a new player, I slipping on the learning curve.. To make a product, I need x, y, and z. I'm harvesting x. I can put up a buy order for y and z, but it appears I can only put up 1 buy order. So I can buy y or z but not both? Then what are the normal game mechanics for acquiring multiple components you may need to make stuff?
4/17/2018
Topic:
How does one actually apply to join a Guild?

Shimrod
Shimrod
How do you contact a recruiter? When I tried to send a Private Message to several recruiters all I got was -

Multiple names match that search. Please select one.
* No corporation found. Try a different search term. *
4/17/2018
Topic:

Shimrod
Shimrod
No, on the Comms tab, Private Messages, entering a single name at a time. After getting the recruiter names for Epoch, I first tried to message Jamers, got the above error message. Then I tried to message nynobernie. Got the above error message. I did not try to message Epoch or click on the Entire Guild button
4/17/2018
Topic:

Shimrod
Shimrod
Okay, thank you. My HQ just finished upgrading to 2, so I went to the contracts page. There are people selling what I want to buy. Nowhere on that page do I see how to accept a contract or a way of buying the thing I want. It appears to be just information..
4/17/2018
Topic:

Shimrod
Shimrod
At first I did attempt to create a contract. But realized I did not know what price to pay per.. so I went and looked that up. Then I realized I had no way of knowing how many of the items would be delivered each turn.. having a limited amount of money, I did not want to put up a contract for xx thousands and have someone try to fulfill it.. Trying other types of contracts like the one you mentioned had similar concerns. And then there's the terminology. I consider a contract an agreement between two entities. What a contract here looks like to me are offer sheets, where anyone can buy parts of or all of the offer. So rather than get frustrated with potentially annoying game mechanics I am building transports to go and get the items where they are and bring them back.

Maybe when I have hundreds of thousands of something I'll go back to the contracts page but for now it just wasn't the experience I wanted. Actually a couple of things aren't the experience I was looking for but we'll see how it goes.
4/17/2018
Topic:

Shimrod
Shimrod
That's fine. No problem there. But there's still the issue of not being able to send a message to two players.. I would like to know why that doesn't work.
4/17/2018
Topic:

Shimrod
Shimrod
Yes, I saw. Am thinking about it.. but I've only been playing a couple of days.. Long term it's probably in my best interest to stay put until I get more familiar with how things work. I saw the Discord server when I joined.. Didn't notice if it was chat or voice.. If it's voice it'll wait until I can get new headphones since I discovered back in the TeamSpeak days that no one could hear me if I just shouted. If it's text chat though I probably will drop in
4/17/2018
Topic:

Shimrod
Shimrod
If you read above, I already stated I sent to 1 at a time to the listed recruiters, I put Epoch in and clicked search and nothing happens. I can't even send a message to myself, telling me multiple names found, and no corps listing.If it wasn't so stupid it would be funny. "Multiple names match that search. Please select one." And no names appear..
4/17/2018
Topic:

Shimrod
Shimrod
Ding! Wreith42 won the cupie doll. Thanks. ChaCha was a close second though..
4/17/2018
Topic:

Shimrod
Shimrod
Thanks, and fair enough. 50mil and the rest of the offer is very enticing. But I need to take a couple of days to see if I'm going to make your investment worthwhile..
4/20/2018
Topic:

Shimrod
Shimrod
CptCommanche wrote:
Just be careful Shimrod - ChaChaCharms happens to be heavily devoted to some of the fringe cults of the galaxy, I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to convert you wink

omg. You don't know the half of it. I was trying to get some more info when he says btw this is what happens to those who refuse me and he blows up Earth. Naturally I quickly accepted but now my friends all avoid me and weird people in hooded robes follow me around..
4/20/2018
Topic:
Tutorial Bug

Shimrod
Shimrod
Doctor Dread wrote:
So do you have tech in Rare woods only? Or is your Corp HQ making Rare Woods?

The tutorial put me in Buenos Aires, which had Rare Woods.. which is why I posted the bug report since the tutorial, as you see, told me to go to a tile with Basic Woods and make a Lumber Yard to produce Rare Woods.