the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

The Alpha Test v3 reporting thread Messages in this topic - RSS

Masdus
Masdus

6/23/2016
Masdus
Masdus
When you edit a contract, it loses the "exact price" that you had previously set
0 link
Jazzek
Jazzek

6/24/2016
Jazzek
Jazzek
Attempting to pick up an ACP with my scout ship, it seems to be unable to pick it up & I don't know why. There are a few ACPs there and it's set to pick 1 up if that affects anything.
0 link
Jazzek
Jazzek

6/25/2016
Jazzek
Jazzek
I worked out the problem... ACPs take up 100 units of space, which isn't mentioned anywhere & probably should be. Scout ship only holds 50 at the moment.
0 link
Jazzek
Jazzek

6/26/2016
Jazzek
Jazzek
Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but business & housing structures aren't in the list of purchasable products but they have a demand/volume etc.
Edit: Neither are nightclubs
edited by Jazzek on 6/26/2016
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/26/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Jazzek wrote:
Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but business & housing structures aren't in the list of purchasable products but they have a demand/volume etc.
Edit: Neither are nightclubs
edited by Jazzek on 6/26/2016

That is as intended. The infrastructure type of products like Housing, Parks, Business structures etc. cannot be Bought or sold normally. When you produce them it automatically "sells" to the local city they are in. No actual product is ever generated. They also aren't restricted by the Volume stat or have to split up how much they can sell in one turn with other corporations. It is very easy to oversell and drop the price into the floor with these structures if you upgrade them too high in a small city.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/26/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
This was posted in another forum but I am mentioning it here.

We're going to give everyone a ton of money, 500 million credits this morning and we're going to start setting your queue times and upgrade times to one turn every evening to accelerate the game. We only intend to run the Alpha game for another week or two before restarting into a an open Beta about the same time we're going to try to get another Kickstarter campaign started.
0 link
SpectralFx
SpectralFx

6/26/2016
SpectralFx
SpectralFx
I have a transport that shows "1000/176" while carrying 176 exotic minerals to some nearby city.

I assume it to be a minor typo or me not understanding properly the parameter expressed there (at the right of of a green icon with 3 boxes within).

I assume it to be the cargo space.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/26/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
SpectralFx wrote:
I have a transport that shows "1000/176" while carrying 176 exotic minerals to some nearby city.

I assume it to be a minor typo or me not understanding properly the parameter expressed there (at the right of of a green icon with 3 boxes within).

I assume it to be the cargo space.

Yes. It means you have a max of 1000 and you're currently carrying 176. Sounds like a level 2 transport? As you level them up there is a multiplier that shows "how many" that unit represents. As you level them up it goes up rapidly level 1,2,3,4 is like x1,x2,x5,x8 etc. There is a chart on the website Guide >> Combat section that shows the base units stats.
0 link
SpectralFx
SpectralFx

6/26/2016
SpectralFx
SpectralFx
Doctor Dread wrote:
Yes. It means you have a max of 1000 and you're currently carrying 176. Sounds like a level 2 transport? As you level them up there is a multiplier that shows "how many" that unit represents. As you level them up it goes up rapidly level 1,2,3,4 is like x1,x2,x5,x8 etc. There is a chart on the website Guide >> Combat section that shows the base units stats.

Well that is what I understood. Seems my report was not quite clear (my bad).

What I meant is that it showed 1000/ X, I was rather expecting to see X / 1000 instead.

Let me know if it makes more sense.
0 link

6/26/2016
Current/max is how i expected to see it too. It threw me off at the start.
0 link
Jazzek
Jazzek

6/27/2016
Jazzek
Jazzek
oh, that was me that posted the last one. Didn't realise I wasn't logged in. Current/Max seems more standard than Max/Current
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/27/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I'm on the fence about which way to show current and max. I feel it's more important to know what your max is. What your current cargo or hangar isn't something I look at much at all. It used to just show your max and you would have to go to the tabs to see how much you had. Then we added the current behind it.
0 link
SpectralFx
SpectralFx

6/27/2016
SpectralFx
SpectralFx
Its just that at first glance I was confused since the HP and other values are shown as ×/max

I feel that "mathematically" speaking it makes no sense to express it like its currently shown... therefore counter-intuitive.

Of course, its not a bug per say, merely just a design decision that up to you in the end.
+1 link
SpectralFx
SpectralFx

6/27/2016
SpectralFx
SpectralFx
Got something here,

Going on the map, at the "Milky way" screen, clicking on the sparkle (on the actual map) brings an error.

The link in the text on the left brings you to earth properly however.
0 link
Jazzek
Jazzek

6/27/2016
Jazzek
Jazzek
Found a bug in the channel selection part of the communication tab; if I select the Odegard system, it displays the Odegard messages, if I select Sol, it displays the Sol messages, but if I select Any, it only shows guild messages.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/27/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Jazzek wrote:
Found a bug in the channel selection part of the communication tab; if I select the Odegard system, it displays the Odegard messages, if I select Sol, it displays the Sol messages, but if I select Any, it only shows guild messages.

I think its set to not display any messages if you go that far out. You have to select a system, it's just not great at informing you =)
+1 link
SpectralFx
SpectralFx

6/27/2016
SpectralFx
SpectralFx
It seems I can't create a group with my infantry stationned at mercury_4.

I put in a name after checking the boxes for them and click "create group", but nothing happens with no errors whatsoever.

It just brings me back to the assets screen with no changes.

Anything I might be doing wrong? Seems like a bug since it worked earlier today for some of my ground based transports.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/27/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
SpectralFx wrote:
It seems I can't create a group with my infantry stationned at mercury_4.

I put in a name after checking the boxes for them and click "create group", but nothing happens with no errors whatsoever.

It just brings me back to the assets screen with no changes.

Anything I might be doing wrong? Seems like a bug since it worked earlier today for some of my ground based transports.

I couldn't do it either. I think maybe because they are upgrading but that shouldn't stop you unless you're carried on another unit. I think that's a bug let me look into it.
0 link
Masdus
Masdus

6/28/2016
Masdus
Masdus
You have never been able to add upgrading units to groups.
0 link
rtucken
rtucken

6/28/2016
rtucken
rtucken
Upgrade Costs - It costs more to upgrade a battle suit from lvl 3 to lvl 4 then from lvl 4 to lvl 5
0 link