Serenity

all messages by user

6/20/2018
Topic:
Quick Reference for recipes?

Serenity
Serenity
http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/home_guide.aspx
Production lists all products with their required resources.
8/14/2018
Topic:
What should we work on next?

Serenity
Serenity
I had a megastructure idea: Auction House

It would have cargo hold and hangar space. You could transfer products or items or load units inside it then you would be able to set prices for products, items and units stored inside.

Fixed price sales: Buyers wouldn’t need to buy the complete stack of products or items listed, they could buy parts of it.

Auctions: You could also start auctions for products, items and units. In this case buyers must buy the complete stack of products or items offered. You would be able to set the end time for your auctions.

If someone buys something then at the end of the turn it will be automatically unloaded and transferred to the buyer.
edited by Serenity on 8/14/2018
edited by Serenity on 8/14/2018
9/11/2018
Topic:
Combat Events

Serenity
Serenity
I can confirm that during my battle with Luna against an alien mothership fleet power was the deciding factor regarding the distribution of rewards.

Lunas combined fleet power for 3 turns was 1,184,000 (584,000+300,000+300,000)
My fleet power for 1 turn was 1,083,000

Our reward was shared based on those two numbers (52% - 47%)

And not based on our damage dealt to the mothership.
Luna dealt about 409,000 damage
I dealt about 236,000 damage

Based on the damage our shares should have been (63% - 36%)
10/10/2018
Topic:
Battleships Bug?

Serenity
Serenity
Unfortunately, most of the ships has very little HP compared to their size. I think, only the monolith can be used as a tank. Ground units are superior compared to ships, both in damage and survivability. upset

Edit: In my opinion, the best unit to use for tanking damage are Neo Tanks. They have 200 size and 100,000 HP (without artifacts) for 10 logistics and 60,000 upkeep.

Edit2: A Battleship has 100 size and 30,000 HP with level 10 Health upgrades (without artifacts) for 10 logistics and 250,000 upkeep.

edited by Serenity on 10/10/2018
edited by Serenity on 10/10/2018
10/16/2018
Topic:
Show Production Rate(%) on Assets Page

Serenity
Serenity
It would be really helpful for me (maybe for others as well) to be able to see what rates my mines and factories make their products. I think, it could be shown in the notes section of the table. Notes already show when production is halted.
10/17/2018
Topic:

Serenity
Serenity
So, I don't need to click through most of my structures to see what they are doing. I would like to know that by looking at the assets list. I guess, not many of us using the feature anyways. I was thinking, it would be easy to implement my request, because there is already a note when your production is halted. But, if nobody else wants this then I just need to write up a list of my own or something.
10/19/2018
Topic:

Serenity
Serenity
No, I don't. upset
10/24/2018
Topic:

Serenity
Serenity
So, I made some images to illustrate my request. I would like structures production rate percentage value to be shown on the assets page. I can only see this if I click through my structures one by one. upset

11/12/2018
Topic:
Major changes coming that will re-balance the game

Serenity
Serenity
I would like to make sure I understand the changes clearly in the planned “Gamma Ray Burst” update.

Volume changes
Raw material: no change
Components: lowered to …?
End products: lowered to 10% of current value
Civilian services: lowered to 50% of current value

Planned volume changes applied to Silva
Civilian services: 88,000 -> 44,000 (about 2,450 per service)
End products: 189,000 -> 18,900 (about 235 per product)
Components: 79,000 -> ...?
Raw materials: 130,000 -> 130,000 (about 5,200 per product)

Other changes
Population growth threshold: lowered to 100 (from 200)
Corporation HQ bonuses: lowered to 25/15/10 (from 50/40/25)
2/24/2019
Topic:
Major changes coming that will re-balance the game

Serenity
Serenity
Can we have unlimited logistics as an 'experiment' until the reset?
2/27/2019
Topic:
Demand changes and City surplus

Serenity
Serenity
So, I have these ideas for sometime and I finally decided to share them with you.

Demand changes:
I would increase pop growth threshold to 150% (from the current 100%) and I would also increase minimum demand to 50% (from the current 10%).

As I see the main problem pre Gamma Ray update was the 190% difference between minimum demand (10%) and pop growth threshold (200%) that enabled players to keep demand for Raw Materials and Components very low so they could sell End Products and Civ Services at very high demand (well above 300%) for insane profits.

The Gamma Ray update fixed the difference (now it is only 90%), but it also reduced volumes. Because of the reduced volumes and the pop growth threshold set to 100% it is hardly profitable to keep cities growing.

My 50-150 idea would keep the difference between minimum demand and pop growth threshold low (100%) so It wouldn’t be possible to have insanely high demands in a growing city, but it would make city building profitable. And, with the increased minimum demand, super specialized corporations could earn some profit even at minimum demands. Also, it would make cities not selling any products for a lower price than their base value.

City surplus:
The basic idea is, cities would store products that are oversold at minimum demand as surplus in a visible and interactable surplus storage.

• The maximum capacity of these storages could be based on product volumes. I was thinking: product volume x 100.
  • Cities would consume 10% product volume from their surplus every turn. It would keep demand at minimum as long as there is enough surplus.
  • Buying from cities at minimum demand would remove the amount of products bought from the surplus storage without increasing demands. If there is no surplus left the demand would increase normally.

With this people in a well-supplied city could buy products for base price without hurting pop growth.

There could be some system in place for leaders and title holders to earn some extra money (or political influence?) based on city surplus. Maybe a small percentage of product sales from surplus.

If leaders would have the power to limit accessibility for products at city, planet and system level it would make everything more interesting. (To be honest this is true without any of my ideas)

I don’t really like this but it could mean the possibility for cities being raidable.
11/1/2019
Topic:
Halving of all Military Cost

Serenity
Serenity
I voted "It's fine the way it is" but what I really wanted to vote is "Let's wait for raider re-balance and unit tweaks then decide if costs need to be changed."
10/10/2020
Topic:
New Structure: Packing Facility

Serenity
Serenity
How about an alphabetical order based on unit names? That would be a simple systems for players to work with. And all of the units could try and load at the same location in the same turn.

Example:
  • 0 Metal
  • 1 Metal
  • Metal
  • Metal 1
  • Metal 2