Weylin

all messages by user

6/20/2018
Topic:
Quick Reference for recipes?

Weylin
Weylin
I've been looking all over trying to find a reference for what raw materials are needed for a final or intermediate product.
Could have sworn I saw it somewhere at some point, but haven't figured out where I need to navigate to look it up again.
6/20/2018
Topic:
Game loop

Weylin
Weylin
If there is a desire for temporary games that reset occasionally, maybe there could be a volatile quadrant in the center that people can start from if they choose, but which occasionally gets wiped out entirely by predictable gravity-wave bursts every time a black hole spirals into the galactic core.

Realistically speaking, I'm not sure how devastating those would even be from a few lightyears away, I'm just using it as a mechanic for resetting a region of the galaxy for players who want rounds with an end in sight.
6/25/2018
Topic:
Trade route orders, short form

Weylin
Weylin
A <---> B trade routes seem like common orders to give, so I think a specific order type for a trade route could be done, maybe submitting the order places the 5 necessary basic orders for it to run.

-Pickup/Buy Coordinates
-Dropoff/Sell Coordinates
-Product to deliver
-Loop # or blank for infinite

Once you hit submit it places down 5 orders starting from the order number, and you can insert other things if you need to.
edited by Weylin on 6/25/2018
6/25/2018
Topic:
Where did you hear about Barons of the Galaxy?

Weylin
Weylin
I came across it on Reddit while looking for an alternative to OGame (Seriously, I was getting sick and tired of having to set 3am alarms to catch all these night raids)
I believe the Reddit post was by Dread, and he made the game, this game, for the same reasons I wanted to quit OGame.

Actually, for a while, I was tossing around the idea of making my own browser based game like this, but I just don't have the free time to want to deal with that much work.
7/6/2018
Topic:
End Products for Meats and Crops

Weylin
Weylin
Right now would be the perfect time to be mass-producing popcorn, but alas.
7/7/2018
Topic:
Split productions

Weylin
Weylin
Would it be possible to allow for single buildings to split their production power across several products?
For example, you could have a single x33 construction factory make 110 basic, heavy, and complex materials every turn, if you set it as such.

I'm not sure what impact this would have on the game economy, since you could do more with less logistics. The alternative, though, is just changing productions regularly to keep things balanced, but it's not ideal.
7/9/2018
Topic:
Start ships with no upgrades

Weylin
Weylin
If you make a mistake on the first upgrade, or want to change it later, there really isn't a way to.

Maybe instead of the current system, we could have an upgrade tab with 10 drop-down menus, so you can slot in which upgrades you want, hit "upgrade" or "refit" and the cost and turns will be calculated.
7/9/2018
Topic:
Split productions

Weylin
Weylin
Wreith42 wrote:
This has been suggested before.
I think most of us would rather have programmable orders for buildings like we have for units so it would automatically change production and selling base on a schedule.

I was thinking about suggesting this instead, but wasn't sure how much an improvement orders would be over split production, unless those orders could have conditionals, like "if less than 50,000 basic metals, produce basic metals at 100%"
7/9/2018
Topic:
Start ships with no upgrades

Weylin
Weylin
Wreith42 wrote:
I'm not sure I'm understanding your issue.
As soon as you upgrade a vehicle to lvl 2, you get the option to 'downgrade' any of the existing upgraded stats
Errors in upgrade selection are 100% correctable.

When you first build a ship, it asks you to choose an upgrade which cannot be removed, so for example I have +20% firepower at Level 1, but want to change it all over to another stat, it's impossible.
6/24/2020
Topic:
Player controlled antagonists?

Weylin
Weylin
I've wondered about having a separate faction of players that start on an established homeworld in a distant star system, maybe something in Sector 4?
Something different from humanity, alien or machine, with overall different motives, and an incentive to harass the Sol system at some point.

This may not align with the vision for the game, but it would bring shortcomings of the military system to the forefront, and the balance between entropy and order.
Would Sol fall in less than a week? Would it ever stand a chance to recover? What do you do when all your assets are annihilated, when an overwhelming force destroys your largest superstructures?
How can players keep up with constant conflict? What can players do if one side snowballs and always wins with minimal losses in fights of 100 to 1?

I enjoy this game for what it is, and glad to see that it is mostly orderly and peaceful with player cooperation and trade. I was quite put off by games like Astro Empires and OGame, where the strongest only got stronger, and the lessers were decisively beaten with no chance to ever make a dent.