Surgicus

all messages by user

9/10/2018
Topic:
Combat Events

Surgicus
Surgicus
Luna, did you consider, like Dread mentions, the last battle report of a series, where the end of the event is triggered, that would be a Kaiju killed, a base destroyed, a mothership blown up. Then check which (and whose) units inflicted the most damage to the concerned key asset in this report, figure out the related ratios, whereas the bounty/reward is distributed and shared accordingly.
That is how I understand Dread's last reply.
9/13/2018
Topic:
Rough Idea About Competition And Challanges

Surgicus
Surgicus
my suggestion revolves around setting up a sector where time is distorted, with a groundhog day effect of some sort (the suggested round based, reset subject of this thread) - so where each given number of turns all is reset, meaning all structures and military assets in the area disappear, HQ's remain yet the credits would be reset to the line when moved there. The other anomaly would be that production, construction, and upgrades there happen at an accelerate pace - also already proposed above (sorry I prepared this writing over a week or two ago). So, what this place would bring is an accelerate ground for new players to learn the game in a more interesting manner, and for more experienced players to go there for a somewhat more exciting time, to look for some action. Units from all around the galaxy can be send there (through a wormhole or other portal) but it is a one way ticket, everything entering that zone can't come out anymore (HQ's can be relocated though, as these are only officially main central office buildings - but moving them around needs to be conditional, as one could swap it to the normal ticking universe to make some considerable amount of credits and then come back with a fortune and spend it on military or economically to crush the rest .. or it could be a secondary HQ like an HQ ACP that would only be working or allowed in the anomaly zone).
edited by Surgicus on 9/13/2018
9/18/2018
Topic:
Rough Idea About Competition And Challanges

Surgicus
Surgicus
Let me develop this further and turn it a bit on its head: the Sol system could radically be trapped in a loop (or at least your HQ being forced on a groundhog's based turns amount), with accelerated time or whatever, then you get a subscription and a code to use a wormhole or portal to escape and move your HQ to a different system or sector where time evolves continuously and where you may expand your aspirations and strategies, until your subscription time runs out and get brought back to Sol.(perhaps with the HQ level and credits set before you subscribed) .. .. yeah now that is even a better idea, no ? It would allow new players to learn and enjoy the game quicker, and if they wish to stay they could move away where there is no resetting, no count down happening, with their HQ at its set level (say minimum level 4-5) and enough accumulated credits if they played well.
edited by Surgicus on 9/18/2018
11/25/2018
Topic:
Serious 2 years old bug compromising sells

Surgicus
Surgicus
And this bug happens when selling to cities via transports or ships. When these have several kind of goods in cargo and set to -sell everything- , it can happen they end up a turn with 1 unit of some goods in cargo, for some reason the next turn the sell order is skipped and the transport/ship jumps to the next. The following order(s) is usually to return to the warehouse and refill cargo, and goods with 1 unit in cargo will cause an entanglement for the remaining -pick up- orders. When back to selling location and falling to a 1 unit remaining in cargo of any goods the entire process begins again, causing the entire cargo to not being sold and huge losses: picking-up orders are all considered one by one turn for turn,so if the more goods variety the longer it takes, further since a lot of cargo that was not sold is still in, this cargo is not judged as to be not necessary to pick up, so more of the same will be added leaving less space for the next goods that need picking up.

One way to counter the bug is to introduce the order drop-off all before the list of merchandise pick-up, and here this means dropping of one kind of goods per turn, augmenting the time loss the longer the list is and the earlier in the list the remaining in cargo =1 was encountered. The entire thing becomes a large and messy entanglement with missing sells and income, a complete loss of time and no profits.

I pointed to this bug already 18 months or so ago when I tracked it, so it must have been around from the beginning. With the newly revised volumes and demand quotas, any missing income is now a complete loss in sells, and there is no insurance mechanics in the game compensating for this. Another urgent problem and flaw that needs attention and requires to be solved, for a long while already, and was neglected, now having wide repercussions.

Priorities!!!
11/30/2018
Topic:
Improvement suggestion: search city in move orders

Surgicus
Surgicus
Well, here is an idea for a suggestion: in the order move to location instead of a find on map if the city is outside the system, there could be a search cell just like in the contracts or viewscreen, that would be practical, right ?

I mean find on map should remain for other locations, so consider this an additional kind of option.

edited by Surgicus on 11/30/2018
edited by Surgicus on 11/30/2018
12/2/2018
Topic:
What stimulates a city's growth

Surgicus
Surgicus
Here is what puzzles me from the beginning I am playing this: only sales are supporting city growth because it reduces demand and -feed- the population of the city and its different classes.
However, the -buying- , from a manufacturing, and generally from a production point of view this is, would also provide work to local citizens and support the growth of the city. If there is no buying there is no outside stimulation for any production to actually be justified but only for self sustainability, since the -buying from- happens at double of the -selling to- pricing anyway.

Simply put, the commercial *activity* of a city (or location) should be accounted for its growth, for this way there would be a more legitimate and additional field to explain the growing or shrinking population in this related equation.
It would make more sense would it not ? And also help corporations do better business in successfully run cities.

Cheers!
edited by Surgicus on 12/2/2018
10/31/2019
Topic:
Counter strike defensive item missing (trenches)

Surgicus
Surgicus
To our dear developer

Hi Dr. Dread/Serendipity, one item I suggest is missing is the fortification item. It would allow to go to the site of a raiders base for example to be deployed and magnify the defenses of ground units, consecutively allowing attack launches onto their base. The fortification items could be considered like trenches and render the counter strikes against raiders more strategic and sensible.

Cheers!
12/21/2019
Topic:
Accounting Audit on Players

Surgicus
Surgicus
What about when corporations of the same guild exchange their military units and/or products for bargain prices, those are no alts !?
1/27/2020
Topic:
randomly logged out

Surgicus
Surgicus
Have you ticked the -stay logged in- box on the login page ?
1/27/2020
Topic:
What the hell does "coroporation" mean?

Surgicus
Surgicus
Oh, if that is an issue, I know loads of typos through the guide and other descriptions in the game. We could proofread and send you a complete report ;-)
1/28/2020
Topic:
randomly logged out

Surgicus
Surgicus
Yes,"-save login-", do it on all your devices and it should be alright, based on my experience.