HeroofEvil

all messages by user

11/11/2022
Topic:
Business opportunity Minerals

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
Greetings. I am a new player/new corporation. I am focusing my build on mineral production. Being new, my output is low but I am to grow this overtime.
11/11/2022
Topic:
Greetings and Basic Questions Thread

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
Greetings. Just giving a hello and to introduce my presense in the game. No mechanic questions at this time as the game system is intuitive enough to grasp. I see a small number of guilds, is there a guild looking for new players or should I continue to build up my assets before approaching this topic?
edited by HeroofEvil on 11/11/2022
11/15/2022
Topic:
A question in Economy

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
My corporation - AstroAscendingAsses: AAA - we got your butt covered

is primarily focused on mineral production. So, I sell it to cities where the demand is high. Logically this makes sense so I can profit and grow. But ethically, what can I do to help the economy of players in the game?

As a first thought: I guess once I have enough "inventory" of the resource stocked up, I should open up trade offers to sell for those to purchase and fulfill orders for those looking to buy.

Are there other ways economy can grow for corporations?

The question really is: what can I do to help economy for all corporation (or at least as many as possible) to grow?
edited by HeroofEvil on 11/15/2022
11/17/2022
Topic:
A question in Economy

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
Thanks Mariner, love it.
11/18/2022
Topic:

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
Okay, here's a question if you mind not: What is the Dark Star Empire?
They seem like a daunting force that scatter themselves around the solar systems.
11/19/2022
Topic:

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
Yikes, thanks Nightwawk, may we quell the NPCs as they come!

*Begins doubling down on defenses*
11/28/2022
Topic:
Mission Delivery Point - Non-Existent

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
Greetings,

Just posting a bug I may have come across in regards to a mission I recently took.

The event ID is: 227412
Start: 164602

I took a mission from Pluto - Colony 137 - 14:11 to deliver to Outpost 881. Outpost 881 does not seem to exist. This WAS an outpost on Pluto a few days ago, but now the outpost is Outpost 139 in a different location.

[color=]Corp Quest

Cargo for Ningxia
A Destitute Miner named Apta needs to haul a shipment of 1,000 Basic Minerals to Outpost 881. Payment: 6,500 Credits

Stage: 1 - Deliver Cargo - Ends: 164732
The military unit SOLtrMISSON must deliver 1,000 Basic Minerals to Outpost 881 before turn 164732. Move this unit to the location and then use the “Search” order to make the delivery. The payment of 6,500 Credits as well as the deposit of 120,000 will be transferred upon delivery.
11/29/2022
Topic:
Journal Entry - Building up a New City

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
A journal entry of my experience growing Pluto and the city of Lihue. I am Hero of Evil, CEO of the AstroAscendingAsses AAA - We got your butt covered!

The purpose of this journal entry is to document a way of growing a planet's populous and prosperity. In doing so, I have created a basic framework that can later be applied to more alien, far-off planets as the corporations of this game continue to stretch to the stars. Applying this framework may help to grow these distant cities, enabling them to build and defend from the universe unknowns. I do not state that what I present in this journal to be the best-practice or best-profit process, simply a telling of the steps I took.

Before I begin, I need to make a call out to the following corporations that drove a large number of resources to the city presented in this journal entry:
  • Peace Corps
  • Armatura Logistics
  • Dragnic Industries

To learn some foundations of how the game functions in terms of growing a planet and to help all corporations expand their reaches, I took it upon myself to experiment with a relatively easy project under the safety of the Sol solar system. Here, I started with Pluto and the city of Lihue.

Milky Way > Alpha > Orion > Sector 1 > Sol > Pluto > Lihue [122070520 : 190429767]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pluto, an icy, desolate, dwarf-planet with minimal resources and a scarce populous.

Project Start Date: 15-Nov-2022
Game Turn: 162712
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pluto | Lihue
Name X : Y Population Cities Growth Rate
Lihue 20:17 109,321 1 1

Theoretically speaking: For a city to grow it needs resources, infrastructure, services, and entertainment. These are the four (4) things that drive humans to new locations around the world. I am not certain if the game follows this exact algorithm, but this is the one I applied to this practice building Distribution, Infrastructure, Public Services and Recreation industries in the city.

Preparation:
-Build Freighters. You will need to import resources to the city from where they are being massed produced. Start with two (2) but expect to increase this amount as the demand of your industries increases.

-Build Items>Structures (4). These will be turned into the core industries in the new city.

-Have a sustainable revenue. Starting up a small, undeveloped city will not make you money, in fact, it will cost you. At least from this experience, the cost of purchasing resources and running maintenance will be greater than the revenue you generate from the city initially, however, if your sustainable revenue exceeds the loss in return, the long term can have great results for the target city.

-Know the markets. Shop around for where you’re going to get the best value for the needed resources. Corporate Trade is always ideal to get the best value for the products you need. There are times you will have to turn to purchasing directly from cities; if demand is low, so is the cost.

Startup:
1) I announced to other players my interest to grow and build up Pluto, this brought in some drive to begin moving more resources to the city (every little bit counts).

2) Built a Distribution Center (1)
- This allowed me to sell resources the city demanded and store a large number of resources to run the local industries.

3) Built city Infrastructure (1)
- Civil Service: In theory, you need houses, roads, work, etc. to entice a population to grow.

4) Built city Public Services (1)
- Civil Service: In theory, you need basic services for the city folk to make their lives more livable, prolonging their existence in a harsh environment.

5) Built city Recreation (1)
- Civil Service: In theory, people get bored, so we need to entertain them.

Once the four (4) industries were established, I proceeded to level them each from 1 and upward, ensuring I do not overstep my infrastructure limit.
Then, continued to follow the cycle below.

The Cycle:
Once the initial industries are set up ...
- For each industry, cycling through each service, one at a time, checking which service was in the highest demand before producing that service.
- For each industry, I produced for the city the selected service in 1-day intervals (144 turns).
- After calculating the needed resource to run the selected service for 144 turns, I then purchased and shipped these supplies to the city.

The Results:

Project Start Date: 15-Nov-2022
Game Turn: 162712
Initial City Stats, started by building only Distribution Center & Infrastructure.
Pluto | Lihue
Lihue 20:17 109,321 1 1

Date: 16-Nov-2022
Game Turn: 162857
Results after one day (144 turns).
Pluto | Lihue
Lihue 20:17 110,581 1 4

Date: 23-Nov-2022
Game Turn: 163885
Built Public Services & Recreation on this day.
Pluto | Lihue
Lihue 20:17 118,698 1 10

Date: 29-Nov-2022
Game Turn: 164735
Results taken on this day.
Pluto | Lihue
Lihue 20:17 132,275 1 20

Conclusion: In just under 15 days of play, the city has grown in population by nearly 21% with the growth rate increase of 2000%. Only time will tell how much more this will increase or flatten out through continual growth.

An additional note: Raiders are dicks and they are the "nice ones" in the galaxy. You will need to defend a new city; it will not be equipped to do so otherwise.

This concludes this journal entry. As we continue to grow the city of Lihue and discover more tricks to improve this process, so shall these details be documented here.

-Hero of Evil
AstroAscendingAsses
AAA - We got your butt covered
edited by HeroofEvil on 11/29/2022
11/30/2022
Topic:

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
Just a quick additional note for those who stumble into this post first.

There is an amazing set of documents available on these forums created by: CptCommanche, link to this post is below:
http://forum.baronsofthegalaxy.com/topic3030-barons-of-the-galaxy-essential-guide.aspx

This guide really flushes out more of the game system with a good detail set about planets and cities. Give it a read!
12/5/2022
Topic:
Mission Delivery Point - Non-Existent

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
There is a work-around to this: If you take the shipments to the "ruins" of where the site once was (as indicated in the mission message) you can search that area to still complete the quest.
12/13/2022
Topic:

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
Just a quick additional entry to record the city's current progress:

• Continue to provide services when demands increase.
  • Fulfill products in high demand for the city.

Date: 13-Dec-2022
Game Turn: 166747
Pluto | Lihue
Lihue 20:17 316,683 1 201
12/18/2022
Topic:
Game still alive?

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
I see your on the discord channel as well. On the discord channel > if you check the [# announcements] tab, you can see recent posts from the game Dev.
12/22/2022
Topic:

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
Another entry to record the city's current progress:

Continue to provide services when demands increase.
Fulfill products in high demand for the city.
Protect city from being attacked.

Date: 22-Dec-2022
Game Turn: 168036
Pluto | Lihue
Lihue 20:17 729,619 1 408
edited by HeroofEvil on 12/30/2022
12/30/2022
Topic:

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
Another (likely last) entry to record the city's progress:

Continue to provide services when demands increase.
Fulfill products in high demand for the city.
Protect city from being attacked.

Date: 30-Dec-2022
Game Turn: 169111
Pluto | Lihue
Lihue 20:17 1,571,687 1 1004

Important Note: This is a call out to Armatura Logistics. In the numbers reflected in this journal, I failed to acknowledge that Armatura Logistics has had a L10 Arcology Megastructure with in the city's walls, boosting its growth since the start of my journal entries. Thanks Armatura Logistics for this most epic assistance in helping to build a place of nothing to something.
2/20/2023
Topic:
Status of experiment Moon

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
Greetings Mariner,

My apologies for not reading this post sooner.

It is appreciative that another market grows with the target of matching Earth, and as you mentioned, so close to it. Seeing this growth is most assuredly beneficial too all, so, I would like to offer additional assistance with this project:

Would establishing service industries on the moon be opposed by the rulers of earth's closest rock?

-AAA
5/26/2023
Topic:
Open Event Challenge Program - Details and Notices

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
Greetings fellow barons,

AstroAscendingAsses and Interplan Bank would like to present the new player-corporation created, Open Challenge Event Program!

Every few weeks, a new event will be created and announced for anyone to participate. Events will vary in type and objectives to focus on different aspects of the game. Participants will get a chance to take home a grand prize for winning. Units used in any event are at the expense of the event participants.

All events will have an assigned judge moderating event, registrations, rewards, and conflicts.

The game’s public forum will be used for this program:
  • Event documents and event details will be posted for reference.
  • Event results will be posted for reference.

The game’s in-game public comms will be used for this program:
  • Event Announcements > Event Start and Event Resolution notices.

Attached to this post are the following PDF document:
  • Open Event Challenge – Program Details
  • -> This is the official Open Event Challenge – Program Details poster.

When a new event is created:
  • Every 3-4 weeks (approximately), a new event will be announced.
  • -> Depending on the event, registration will be open for approximately 7 days to allow participants to register and prepare for the event.
  • Event judge will create an event-specific poster that details rules, limits, expenses, and rewards.
  • Event judge will post the event-specific poster in this thread along with a formal announcement.
  • Event judge will announce “open registrations” for the event in the in-game comms and provide a link to this forum thread.
  • Event start will begin on the event-assigned turn (shown in the event-specific poster and the formal announcement).
  • The judge will also give in-game comms shout to begin to kick-off the event.
  • Event results will be posted in the in-game comms and this thread.
  • Judge will distribute reward to the event victor.

How to participate:
  • Watch the in-game comms for when events are posted.
  • Once posted, message the event’s judge to register.
  • Once registered, follow the instructions provided by the event’s judge.

*Event Reward Donations are now being accepted, please contact the Event Organizers to donate.

The first event will be announced soon! Watch for upcoming announcements on this thread and in the in-game comms.
edited by HeroofEvil on 5/26/2023
edited by HeroofEvil on 5/26/2023
5/26/2023
Topic:

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
Open Challenge Event - Judging Tracking Sheet – EXAMPLE
  • This is just an example of the sheets that judges will use to track event participants.
5/26/2023
Topic:

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
Open Challenge Event - Participant Cheat Sheet & Reference Guide
  • This is a quick-reference cheat sheet for event participants to utilize for the events.
5/27/2023
Topic:

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
Event Registration Open - Dog Wars-PvP - 191420

Registration is now open!

Official Event Poster: Attached to this post.

Event Type: Dog Wars - PvP
Event Start Turn: 191420 (Saturday, June 3rd 2023 ~12:00pm MDT)
Event Judge: AstroAscendingAsses

Unit Type: Scouts
Maximum Size: 1,800 Power
Victory Condition: Last unit standing
Battle Location: Sol > Iapetus, moon [18:5]

Event 1st Place Reward: Ace Fighter L10 AR HP PB
Reward Donated By: Marine Ltd

*Message the event judge (AstroAscendingAsses) to register today (private or in comms).
6/7/2023
Topic:

HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
Event Registration Open - Dog Wars-PvP - 191420

Is now over! We have our first Open Challenge Event victor!

The battle was intense as our two contenders faced off with one another.

First, they took the opportune moments to size each other up, then, the thunder came!

It was an epic clash as scouts darted from orbit to surface, exchanging shots and forming different approach tactics as they launched their attacks. Both sides fought well, both sides hungry for the prize. But in the end, only one victor stands.

Final Battle ID: 118255

Final Results:
  • 1st - Interpan Bank
  • 2nd - Dragnic Industries
Congratulations Interplan Bank on your victory!
Thank you both, Interplan Bank and Dragnic Industries for participating in the our first Open Event Challenge.

Stay tuned everyone as we prepare for our next event with in the next few weeks!
edited by HeroofEvil on 6/7/2023
edited by HeroofEvil on 6/7/2023