SpectralFx

all messages by user

6/24/2016
Topic:
Welcome to the Barons of the Galaxy Forum

SpectralFx
SpectralFx
Hey there!

I'm new around here, I've been reading about all the awesome goin' on in this nice, ambitious project.

I will surely support as much as I can!
6/25/2016
Topic:
Welcome to the Barons of the Galaxy Forum

SpectralFx
SpectralFx
Alpha testing seems like a cool idea, something I'd love to do to help as well.
6/26/2016
Topic:
The Alpha Test v3 reporting thread

SpectralFx
SpectralFx
I have a transport that shows "1000/176" while carrying 176 exotic minerals to some nearby city.

I assume it to be a minor typo or me not understanding properly the parameter expressed there (at the right of of a green icon with 3 boxes within).

I assume it to be the cargo space.
6/26/2016
Topic:

SpectralFx
SpectralFx
Doctor Dread wrote:
Yes. It means you have a max of 1000 and you're currently carrying 176. Sounds like a level 2 transport? As you level them up there is a multiplier that shows "how many" that unit represents. As you level them up it goes up rapidly level 1,2,3,4 is like x1,x2,x5,x8 etc. There is a chart on the website Guide >> Combat section that shows the base units stats.

Well that is what I understood. Seems my report was not quite clear (my bad).

What I meant is that it showed 1000/ X, I was rather expecting to see X / 1000 instead.

Let me know if it makes more sense.
6/27/2016
Topic:

SpectralFx
SpectralFx
Its just that at first glance I was confused since the HP and other values are shown as ×/max

I feel that "mathematically" speaking it makes no sense to express it like its currently shown... therefore counter-intuitive.

Of course, its not a bug per say, merely just a design decision that up to you in the end.
6/27/2016
Topic:

SpectralFx
SpectralFx
Got something here,

Going on the map, at the "Milky way" screen, clicking on the sparkle (on the actual map) brings an error.

The link in the text on the left brings you to earth properly however.
6/27/2016
Topic:

SpectralFx
SpectralFx
It seems I can't create a group with my infantry stationned at mercury_4.

I put in a name after checking the boxes for them and click "create group", but nothing happens with no errors whatsoever.

It just brings me back to the assets screen with no changes.

Anything I might be doing wrong? Seems like a bug since it worked earlier today for some of my ground based transports.
6/28/2016
Topic:
Research facility to gather artifact?

SpectralFx
SpectralFx
Hey there,

I was reading the guide and it refered to a structure (Research facility) that gathers artifacts, however, I couldn't find a way to build it directly with my HQ or make an ACP for it.

Any plans or something I may be doing wrong?
6/29/2016
Topic:
Hangars

SpectralFx
SpectralFx
Having a way to simultanously drop troops / fighters and attack is something I Hope to be able to do. Otherwise it would be near impossible to attack well defended positions effeciently.

I don't know how to do it if currently possible, since I haven't toyed with combat so far.
6/29/2016
Topic:
Odegard Assocation Recognised Claims

SpectralFx
SpectralFx
I've got a school going, do you guys mind it or are books too much of a risk? (Kiddin')

Just let me know, I wish to help and saw a demand for it in a city
6/29/2016
Topic:
Research facility to gather artifact?

SpectralFx
SpectralFx
I would actually be triggering those... like... all the time xD

Jokes aside, I really want my corporation to be something like a mercenary group that hunt for those, its just need to be viable somehow.

If not "farmable" for income, I would put up schools and stuff, you know, just because research and schools/college makes sense together!

Anyway, glad to hear its gonna be there, it being last is just my usual luck, hehe.

Last but not the least!
6/29/2016
Topic:
Game Server Status

SpectralFx
SpectralFx
Wow at that last reason tho. Better not make them go after yourself if their army's upkeep makes the universe freeze in time :P
6/29/2016
Topic:
Making profit with end products or public services

SpectralFx
SpectralFx
Hello there,

I just want to ask for advices or hints about making profits with what I consider to be the "tier 3" products (by that I mean the more complex ones)...

From a cost to produce vs value of said product perspective, I'm having a hard time figuring a good plan for making profits, since supporting the entire chain of production is not gonna work, but either, buying from cities (tried that so far).

Dealing with other players seems like the way to go but, sometimes in cases of events or high demand for a certain product, the said player might prefer to sell it for a price I might not be able to afford and such.

Needless to say that right now its not an issue because we are testing with tons of cash, but I started to crush some numbers and realized that my school was not going to be profitable even if I haven taken the time to acquire the mats at best price, and opted for selling to a city with high demand for those services...

I'm scratching my head about that right now.
6/29/2016
Topic:
Making profit with end products or public services

SpectralFx
SpectralFx
Oh I see,

Maybe I should re-read the guide, it was probably in there somewhere.

Right now I have to admit that my school did one turn of production at Tyarin and made 61k right off the bat. The very high demand did make it profitable in the end.

I read your answer after looking it up, but not before trying to find how much it produced in terms of product/turns. Your explanation makes sense with the volume I saw in the logs for that product, but I couldn't find that amount on the production screen of the school itself, in hope of better anticipating potential profit / loss according to its capacity.

Anything I might be missing there?