Rassol

all messages by user

11/17/2016
Topic:
mmorpg.com rating

Rassol
Rassol
Ok, guys. So we have a problem.
This game is a great turn-based strategy with strong economics and other cool features, but it lacks players.
I suppose we should go to mmorpg.com and rate it in attempt to bring more people here.
Link is below.

http://www.mmorpg.com/barons-of-the-galaxy
11/18/2016
Topic:
Going into Space

Rassol
Rassol
Almost all that info can be found in "Tutorial" tab on landing page.
11/20/2016
Topic:
Translation into other languages

Rassol
Rassol
I think i might volonteer on translating some texts to russian language. I don't have much free time, but i could find some to help with this project.
edited by Rassol on 11/20/2016
11/20/2016
Topic:
Contracts for Military Units and Reporting!

Rassol
Rassol
This is so great, just what i wanted to see in closest update ))
11/23/2016
Topic:
new to the game

Rassol
Rassol
Hey, good to see new players coming. Feel free to ask questions.
11/23/2016
Topic:
Assorted Minor Bugs

Rassol
Rassol
I don't know is it a minor bug, but let it be posted here.

Symbols in massages in "Comms" are not displayed when you send a massage. I mean symbols like = * " and so on.
11/23/2016
Topic:
Give us Event Ideas!

Rassol
Rassol
The great thing is to make events that encourage players in combat interaction.
I.e. a transport ship with something valuable is lost in space and the owner will pay in some way for hauling it's cargo (which is big and can be hauled only by freighter) to his HQ. Every player get it's coordinates. It takes some time to transfer cargo. Meanwhile some raiders might attack this location, or other players can attack it while cargo is being loaded. Also players can intercept cargo on the way to HQ in attempt to get the reward by themselves.

Another concept is like ChaChaCharms wrote, player cooperation in PVE. Some sort of event that involves players in combat action against Raider/Aliens/Other forms of life etc. The point is to give reward to each participating player.

It also would be cool to make raiders attacks more powerfull and make raward for destroying their base in form of bounty payment or goods.
11/24/2016
Topic:
Assorted Minor Bugs

Rassol
Rassol
That's good, thank you.

Another one i believe...
http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/home_guide.aspx?section=combat
Military Upgrades table, lvl 4 - Unit Value, Upgrade Cost, Turns are 2x when they should be 4x.
11/24/2016
Topic:
Contracting prices & Combat spreadsheets

Rassol
Rassol
I will devide this post in to parts.

I was thinking of calculating real contract price for mil units and artifacts. What things one should consider and include into total sell price?
In example with infantry:
Let's say we use HQ to build infantry unit. It takes 20 turns and cost 50k. Then we upgrade it to lvl 10 which will cost us 5kk, calculate upkeep cost while upgrading which is 800+3200+7200+12800+20000+80000+500000+500000+500000=1624000(if i did the math right XD). That is 6624000$ in total and 2000 turns to upgrade and ofc you want your time to be payed. Let's say we could produce raw material all this time with lvl 1 structure with avarage profit from 1 turn with bonuses of 10*100*2(demand 200%)-750(prod cost)=1250. Multiply by 2000 turns and result another 2500000. So lvl 10 Infantry self cost is 9124000$.
Now what about producing infantry with upgraded Military Base? It has shorter production time and will reduce total price by upkeep cost. I wish i had easy accesable data of this things.
Same thing is for Artifacts.

Would like to read any suggestions and ideas over this question.

I started to make spreadsheet to calculate combat damage and HP loss in mass combat, but my knowledge of excel or even coding is pretty short. Did anyone tried to build some sort of this? Let's cooperate and maybe create separate topic.
11/24/2016
Topic:

Rassol
Rassol
I've posted this in one of our guild comms:
Ive made excel file, it calculates damage to defending units. Im still working on it though it does not calculate properly ships upgrades and has no cyber artifact created units (i will add them later, lack of info) and artifact upgrades. Anyway you can already use it. Check it out and give me some feedback.
https://ufile.io/59718
11/25/2016
Topic:

Rassol
Rassol
" Every unit is essentially spreading its damage across all the defenders. By how much is determined by the defenders size stats (the larger units draw more fire) which gives you a percentage applied to those units, or more accurately, how much percentage of the attacking units damage is applied to each unit of size. But then the damage actually applied to that percentage is different depending on the type of units using the matrix from the guide."
That's what i did in that table, but expanding it takes much effort and involves alot of hand work to manaly add formulas for each new attacking unit.
I can't add ship upgrades, since they have different way of stats increase. So we might use lvl 1 for unupgraded ships and lvl 2 for upgraded (attacker will have lvl 10 full att ship in this way, and defender lvl 10 full HP ship).
I also will add artefact units, but i need some basic data. I don't know how it works on assasins and other units, but terminators seems to get 5xinfantry attack and 3x infantry HP, am i right?
11/17/2017
Topic:
Halting Production

Rassol
Rassol
Production cost is affected by
Corp HQ / Tech / OCrowd / LogPen / Other
When you "Halt production", building consumes 10% of it's basic production cost i guess. At least it makes sence to me.
edited by Rassol on 11/17/2017
edited by Rassol on 11/17/2017