badmaw

all messages by user

5/9/2017
Topic:
Contracts

badmaw
badmaw
I make a contract to sell a Cellphone. From me to whoever wants it. The phone is in Cairo, the delivery is in Cairo. Somebody accepts it. All good until now.

The problem is the phone doesn't leave. The client wants it, the phone is there, and yet the contract does not complete.

I have to break the flow for one of my transports, make orders to come to Cairo to pick up the phone, deliver it, remove the new orders, rejoin the previous route.

Please redo the contracts to be easier to use. We want to just sell the phone and it's taking too much effort. Thanks.
5/9/2017
Topic:
Planet Names

badmaw
badmaw
Nobody said micro transactions but him. Nobody wants them in a game.

I'm not telling to anybody what to do, rADcAVALIER, I'm not pressuring. I'm offering some suggestions he is free to ignore. How I tell it is how I think is appropriate and how I am used to do it. If your sensitivity finds it too rough, please mute me or ask somebody to interpret it for you. Or you can ignore the superficial details and add your contribution to the core of it, we can all coexist with all the culture baggage we carry.

And I'm sorry that I hijacked you thread, I thought you are finished. My bad, sorry. Please carry on.
5/9/2017
Topic:
We are going live on Saturday May 13th!

badmaw
badmaw
So do we have a time for the launch? Because your afternoon is so close to my bed time, it would be cool to know if I should stay an hour more or go to sleep.

I'd like to point out that I'm not pressuring you to launch at a more convenient hour for me, or to ascertain a certain hour if you don't feel like it. Just say it if you know it, so I plan accordingly. And if you don't have it, launch the game when you launch it, it's not important. I hope I did it right this time.
5/9/2017
Topic:
Planet Names

badmaw
badmaw
That's the problem with you people, and by you people I mean you Americans. So Menagerie attacked my plant, destroyed and killed hundreds in the process, and nobody said anything. Business as usual.

But when I give Doctor Dread advises worth millions, for free, technical and business wise, well then you gotta speck because I didn't choose the right words and I didn't set the mood properly. You need to re-calibrate your values and lower your sensitivity. We are here people from all over the world, if you can bomb people without batting an eye I'm sure you can take the core of the message and leave the crust. God, these people. [smh].
5/9/2017
Topic:
Earth Alliance

badmaw
badmaw
We have our corporations and we can group them in guilds for the good and known reasons.

But the Raiders or the Machines or a rogue player or whatever can attack an innocent. I'm not saying than anybody is innocent, not even that there are innocents, but it can be that somebody takes care of his business and gets attacked.

There can be an opinion that "it's not my business and good it didn't happened to me", or he deserve it. But I have another opinion, we are trying to evolve and we can use the language instead of guns to fix our problems. And maybe our problems are not so important to end people lives over it.

And if life has value is a concept too advanced for Nevada, we can try math (I know, an even long shot but what the hell).

We have a perpetrator named A with 7k power. We have innocent tax paying citizens named B1, B2 ... B20 with 5k power each.
A attacks B1, he wins (7k > 5k).
A attacks B2, he wins (7k > 5k).
A attacks B20, he wins (7k > 5k).

You see? A slightly better equipped A with 7k power can take 20 Bs with 5k power one by one.
But what if the bees act like one? Well, their power combined is let me get that for you 20 x 5k = 100k. 7k against 100k. 100k is greater than 7k. So now it doesn't matter that the troublemaker has nothing to do, the bees are living the life they want and deserve and the perpetrator behave or vanish, the way it should be.

So, until the game give us support for alliances between guilds and companies, is anybody interested in an alliance where if one of us gets attacked then all of us jump in to protect it?

I'm not interested in making a bullying force, I'm interested in lowering the violence on Earth and promoting the exotic (for some of us) way of first ask, then maybe is not such a big deal to require to shoot and find another way.

I know some of you want to fight but you can fight between you on Mars, not terrorize peaceful people on Earth.

What are your thoughts?
5/9/2017
Topic:
Planet Names

badmaw
badmaw
Thank you Hutton, I appreciate it.

It seems that you and the furious miss my point. Of course we can name the cities in game, and we can do that whether names get sold for real money or not.

I state again that I don't want microtransactions in the game, I don't know where this come from.

I don't even talk about the game now, this phrase is about what? "your "Ideas" are less than optimal for the most part because they tend to benefit singular players instead of either increasing difficulty as a whole or offering more diverse gameplay. You sound like EA with Microtransactions and BattleField 1 Premium DLC Maps & Friends™©."

What I am talking about in this thread is how the dev can monetize his game without affecting the play. How on Earth letting somebody name a planet for 20 bucks is affecting the play beats me.

And what George forgets is that the dev is not financially independent and he looks for ways to pay for the development of his game, struggle that I understand intimately. So it's anybody's concern. We can have a game without microtransactions if the dev finds other ways to pay the development.

And when people make millions with an idea, that idea worth millions, regardless of what you think is worth it. And I can stay late, my mommy let me.
5/9/2017
Topic:
Contracts

badmaw
badmaw
Vulpex: so are you saying I can do that already?
5/9/2017
Topic:
Earth Alliance

badmaw
badmaw
Can't be this accomplished right now by the city ruler ordering the Mechanized to guard the city?

But that leaves the outer city space unprotected and it doesn't really bring anything new to equation. You stand alone against somebody with superior power. You'll be eaten alive.
5/9/2017
Topic:
Stuck turns and election terms?

badmaw
badmaw
I think I get it.

So every 100 rounds the game checks if the city / planet / system needs an election.
If the office is vacant or if current office has 1000 rounds since elected, we have an election.
The office can get vacant when the corporation is destroyed or liquidated or elected in another city etc.
5/9/2017
Topic:

badmaw
badmaw
Thank you, I needed that.
5/9/2017
Topic:
Earth Alliance

badmaw
badmaw
Yeah, what you're describing is the current situation. Lay low and hope for the best.

What I explained in my post is that we can stand straight and live without fear but we gotta take care of each other.
5/9/2017
Topic:
Contracts

badmaw
badmaw
Vulpex, my man, did you actually read my post?

Disclaimer: I don't want you to feel pressured to read my post or responding to it, but if you feel like helping please try to understand the problem first. Don't be like others.
5/9/2017
Topic:
Contracts

badmaw
badmaw
"Maybe distribution centers could be used to facilitate those types of transactions so we won't have to use transports to do it? If the contract buyer's HQ is also in the city OR has a distribution center. but limit it to one contract per turn per distribution center?"

Why would we need a distribution center to change the owner of a cellphone?

The problem is simple: I have a phone, I want to sell it. The buyer wants to buy it. We make a contract, we both accept it. All that is left to be done is the cellphone to change the owner. That is all.
5/9/2017
Topic:
Contracts

badmaw
badmaw
For whom it may concern, the above post is an unmodified quote, a perfectly respectfully asked question about the absurdity of the said quote, then the summary of the problem for who doesn't feel like reading the detailed description of the problem in the original post. Nobody was supposed to be hurt in the process of reading it. However, nobody is perfect, so if you get hurt in the process of reading it, please quit reading and get help.
5/9/2017
Topic:
Contracts

badmaw
badmaw
Yes Doctor Dread, I am aware of the situation, I explained it in my original post.

I'll explain it for you again, I don't mind: when you process the turn you read the contract, right? If the product, the object of the contract, is available at the location of delivery please just change the owner. I don't need to hire a limo to deliver the product, the product is right there where it supposed to be, you just need to change the owner.
5/9/2017
Topic:
Earth Alliance

badmaw
badmaw
You say that it costs more to attack than to defend yourself. This is a good thing.

But what I am trying to do here is to bring peace to a planet with no laws. I know all the things said here, but them are answers to other questions.

I'm not looking to protect myself, I'm looking to unite the good people on this planet against the bad ones.
5/9/2017
Topic:
Earth Alliance

badmaw
badmaw
UN is more like promoting cooperation development, which I can do without help, you know how sweet my talk is.

But these savages don't understand words. They don't feel the despair in the soul of a grown man when he hears the bombs coming, knowing that is nothing he can do to save his family. They don't care about the mess they make in our routes and production.

I cannot fight them alone because of the god damn logistic points, we need to combine forces.

So more like a wasp nest than UN.
5/9/2017
Topic:
Earth Alliance

badmaw
badmaw
Maybe if I sketch the statute of the Alliance it would be more clear:

1. Be good
2. Be cool
3. You need something? Ask, you may receive, you may not
4. You didn't get your way? Tough titties, go away
5. You attack, you get pounded

That's about it, more of less. The idea is to deter people to wreck other people's stuff. Live and let live.
5/9/2017
Topic:

badmaw
badmaw
Happy birthday for the little doctor! May he live long and prosper!
5/9/2017
Topic:
Contracts

badmaw
badmaw
Sure, whenever it comes its turn.

With the risk of upsetting the helping police, I don't know why you linked the contract to the unit. A contract needs two parties (the seller and the buyer), a list of items and a location. How the items get to the location is not the contract's business.All you need to process a contract is to check if the seller has the items. No transport involved.

No, I don't know it all just because I put together a few words. That's how we learn: we say each other things. I know a few things (what you think is all) because I listened. <= This is not for you, doc.