badmaw

all messages by user

4/22/2017
Topic:
Production resources

badmaw
badmaw
I'm new to the game so maybe I'm missing something, but:

I have two factories, one needs 15 of a resource and the other one 10. I have 16 of that resource (Precious Minerals if it matters). The problem is neither one produced anything that round, even that any one could produce (but not both).
4/22/2017
Topic:
Production resources

badmaw
badmaw
I know, I'm doing that. But when I used the cargo machine for a deployment, the flow was broke.

Anyway, the problem is that while the resource was indeed not enough for both of them, any of them could produce a round and neither did.

So somewhere in the resource allocation the algorithm should be changed to feed as many as possible, not all or nothing.
edited by badmaw on 4/22/2017
4/22/2017
Topic:
Production resources

badmaw
badmaw
I don't pickup that resource, I buy it from another city and drop it at the factory. When there's enough resource for both factories it works.

The problem I'm seeing is that I have all I need for any factory to produce and neither one produces until I have enough of that resource for all of them in that round.
edited by badmaw on 4/22/2017
4/24/2017
Topic:
Attack aftermath

badmaw
badmaw
While I was at sleep an attack was happen at 15:7.

The attack report says that a transporter was destroyed, but beside it it's missing a level 2 metal mine too. It's a bug or it's something I don't get?
4/24/2017
Topic:
Attack aftermath

badmaw
badmaw
Indeed there are more reports and I see I had two mines destroyed last night. Fucking savages. Thanks mate.
4/25/2017
Topic:
Prepare to be enslaved

badmaw
badmaw
I'll choke you from here.
4/25/2017
Topic:
Guild inviting

badmaw
badmaw
I can't find a way to send an invitation for someone to join my guild.
4/25/2017
Topic:
Guild inviting

badmaw
badmaw
Thanks, it worked!
4/25/2017
Topic:
Vote inviting

badmaw
badmaw
I get like once a day a message which says "You are a voter in this event." with a link to the event. Then on the event page appears "You cannot submit a vote for this event (Free Account).".

Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's intended as a reminder to buy a subscription. My feedback is that it's annoying and it doesn't persuade me to buy anything, it alienates me. The "Paid Date: Free" seems more than enough to remind me that I'm a leech.

Thank you for the game and please take this as constructive feedback, I'm not looking to unsettle you.
4/29/2017
Topic:
Prepare to be enslaved

badmaw
badmaw
Nah, too real. I came here to play.
5/1/2017
Topic:
Restaurant

badmaw
badmaw
Yeah, when it's marked as accepted. Valuable knowledge should be hard to read, it's not for everybody.
5/1/2017
Topic:
Open a new page? (Not about:blank)

badmaw
badmaw
4 windows 2 tabs each but it can go to more than 10 tabs when I update transporters orders for example. Seems like a UI issue.
5/2/2017
Topic:
Contracts

badmaw
badmaw
I see on status page that the game is on halt, so nevermind.
5/3/2017
Topic:
Battle stuck

badmaw
badmaw
I think (I may miss something though) that the battle at Sector 1 | Sol | Mars | 15:11 is stuck. No progress since a few turns and the HP of Raiders went back to 100%.
5/3/2017
Topic:
Later game

badmaw
badmaw
In like a week we have to start over, so I won't get too far with current company.

My company is at level 5 (5x) and most of structures are at level 8 (58x). I'm already penalized and I guess I cannot have more than like 10 structures at max level. I'll have a transport for each city to sell my products. So no more building.

I know that I can build some monoliths and chase Raiders around the galaxy.

But is that it? How the end game looks like?
5/4/2017
Topic:
Later game

badmaw
badmaw
I started to make a city at 15:7. Didn't work; on Earth, the planet with most players and populace, we can't make cities.

I'd love to explore other planets and grow economies on them but can I do it with the uncertain profit from a few structures?

I think the penalty is unnatural (how can a product be more expensive to produce when you make 120x more?). I think dropping the penalty is the way of the future and letting the competition adjusting the market is the natural way to go.
5/4/2017
Topic:
Barter contract

badmaw
badmaw
I think it would be a great idea to have a barter contract next to the buy and sell ones.

Money is money, easy come easy go, but a great exchange will be of products. Two quantities should be specified and maybe an amount of money too in case the quantities are not equivalent.
5/4/2017
Topic:
Later game

badmaw
badmaw
"This game is meant to be played for a long time"

Yes, but you don't drag the moves for weeks just because you'd want to be played for a long time. That's how you make players play for a short time. Make enough content and make it engaging so people want to play it for a long time. Imagine a D&D game where the dices spin 4 hours.
5/4/2017
Topic:
Later game

badmaw
badmaw
I have 200 ms ping and 400Mbps with Las Vegas. Most of pages load instantly. The assets page won't ever load under 4 seconds and many times the load goes to 8 seconds.

Most annoying is when in the orders page the counter goes red. Then the first click gets eaten for a page refresh and only the next one matters.
So you have a situation like this: Create new orders => Select order type => Direction => Category => Subcategory => Add this order; and somewhere between the first step and the last one the counter goes red and you lose the progress and the page goes to Manage and you gotta go back to Orders and start over. I'm sure the cavemen had a much friendlier interface for their games.
5/4/2017
Topic:
Later game

badmaw
badmaw
I don't know about other games, you may be right, but it doesn't matter because you can make this one fast as a colibri.