EdwardBishop

all messages by user

5/19/2017
Topic:
Related to the Moon Charter - Reparations

EdwardBishop
EdwardBishop
I would request as reparations, at absolute minimum, an ACP Structure delivered to Paris into my possession, as it represents 50 turns of my precious early game time stolen from me.
5/19/2017
Topic:
Moon Charter - Use of Artifacts

EdwardBishop
EdwardBishop
I agree with the ban on artifacts of mass destruction. Other military applications should not be banned as they can aid in the fight against the pirates, aliens, and the machines.
5/19/2017
Topic:
Moon Charter - Research Centers

EdwardBishop
EdwardBishop
I agree with the First option on the 1st issue, which will thereby decide by math the second issue (assuming each city ruler runs their base).
5/19/2017
Topic:
Moon Charter - Use of Artifacts

EdwardBishop
EdwardBishop
I agree with protection of Sol in Federation space.
5/20/2017
Topic:
Distribution Centers

EdwardBishop
EdwardBishop
My Distribution Center sometimes bugs out to continue selling (or presumably buying) product every turn when set to "Once Only" instead of shutting down properly. This might triggered by the system not registering a manual change (When it's set to "Always" initially but then gets set to "Once Only" later)? Either way, it's completely stopped my production chain more than once.
5/20/2017
Topic:
ACP Changes

EdwardBishop
EdwardBishop
Also, perhaps having another building besides the HQ that can make ACPs would alleviate something that I consider worse: farming ACPs on Alts (a practice which should be banned) - on the other hand it could actually make the issue exponentially worse if now those same alts are making 2x as many ACPs for their main... no easy solution.

In that case, just keep the ACP system as it is now I suppose.

edited by EdwardBishop on 5/20/2017
5/20/2017
Topic:
accelerated start

EdwardBishop
EdwardBishop
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, no. Most non-founder accounts are at most, level 2, with a net worth around generally up to around 10 million, far short of the level 3 / 50 million target you'd be seeing when it's time for accelerated starts.
5/23/2017
Topic:
Grains

EdwardBishop
EdwardBishop
I can understand why many varieties of crops were removed, however perhaps Grains could be added in lieu of wheat/rice-etc...
edited by EdwardBishop on 6/23/2017
5/23/2017
Topic:
Where did you hear about Barons of the Galaxy?

EdwardBishop
EdwardBishop
NWN persistant worlds were the best...
edited by EdwardBishop on 5/23/2017
5/25/2017
Topic:
Buying and Selling Issues improved

EdwardBishop
EdwardBishop
Hutton wrote:
Or give units a slight boost to B/S for every consecutive turn a unit is performing a buy or sell order.

This would be amazing; persistence paying off!
6/22/2017
Topic:
(AX) Cybertronics

EdwardBishop
EdwardBishop
II like the idea of artillery being more effective rather than simply less costly, since they're fixed, they should pack more of a punch.
6/23/2017
Topic:
Grains

EdwardBishop
EdwardBishop
I realized this would imbalance Farms & Ranches, so I would suggest Dairy for Ranches to go along with Grains for Farms.
edited by EdwardBishop on 6/23/2017
12/31/2017
Topic:
Making some fundamental changes to the products

EdwardBishop
EdwardBishop
I'm going to have to agree with CCC above, I can handle this as long as it comes with an increase to logistics capacity.
12/31/2017
Topic:
Making some fundamental changes to the products

EdwardBishop
EdwardBishop
Without increasing logistics, all you really encourage is more alt accounts, and even with increased logistics guild cooperation and coordination will always give enough of an advantage to encourage it.
1/27/2018
Topic:
Viewscreen Issues

EdwardBishop
EdwardBishop
The viewscreen pages are broken again (at least for me, it's loading the error page, which makes it nearly impossible as a multi-city service provider to find what I should be producing)... I tried to find a previous thread here addressing the issue and couldn't clearly find it (though I'm probably overlooking something). Perhaps going forward this could be a new megathread for all Viewscreen Issues (plainly named).