ChaChaCharms

all messages by user

12/22/2016
Topic:
Major bug report on selling units

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Heh Heh.. I mean it was kind of cool but imagine the havoc that could be caused if I was selling a lvl 10 mono with all 3 major upgrades...it would show that I attacked someone instead of the person actually commanding the unit lol.
12/22/2016
Topic:
Upgrade ACP before delpoyment

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Is there any way we can upgrade acp military bases before deployment? That way you can start blding your lvl defenses immediately and not wasting more time.. Or perhaps lvl 10 HQ can bld lvl 10 ACP or if that is too OP, lvl 5 ACPs if you choose to, it will obviously cost more in time and money than blding a lvl 1, but then atleast when deployed it is already a higher lvl.
12/23/2016
Topic:

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Okay, I understand.. my only concern is if you you get a few powerful groups and deny anyone else the attempt at claiming artifact sites, the minute a person claims one they better have a strong fleet to protect it until they are able to build formidable defenses smile
12/25/2016
Topic:

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Side note: think having a lvl 10 shipyard can reduce upkeep of ships? Or be able to stack upkeep artifacts...? Monoliths are expensive at 325k >.<
12/29/2016
Topic:
Desktop notification

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Would there be a way to set up notifications of products not being produced? IE, your transport or freighter is destroyed in route with material needed to make your end product. Thus when you log in 8+hours later you are greeted with a massive loss to your bank account
12/30/2016
Topic:
Desktop notification

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Components missing would probably be the most helpful, lean manufacturing and being vertically integrated can be a challenging process to fine tune at times.. smile
12/30/2016
Topic:
We were featured on a Russian Gaming Site

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Not to mention their incredible hacking skills in doing true journalism work in the last election... wait I promised my wife I won't be political online.. grr
1/3/2017
Topic:
What does upgrade do?

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
I agree with Zang, it would be wonderful to be able to build a lvl 8 ship from a lvl 8 shipyard, if you denote the path of upgrade you wish to make.
1/3/2017
Topic:
Upcoming SyFy Show

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
I am not sure how many of you receive the SyFy channel, but they have an upcoming series called "The Expanse". Basically it is suppose to portray the politics, economics, and warring of 3 factions: Earth, the colonies on Mars, and those who have colonized in the Asteroid Belt... Looks promising and brings the question of whether certain TF factions may choose to become friendly to only certain Corps from their home planet, or else the need to establish trade routes with other planets... I know this may be too late to suggest anything but it definitely can jumpstart anyone's think tank that may be stalled..

On a side note, what happen to the asteroid belt, did it get mined out of existence in the plot setting up the story or did I miss anything?
1/4/2017
Topic:
Upcoming SyFy Show

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Fantastic!!
1/4/2017
Topic:
What does upgrade do?

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Heh... well huge fleets of capital ships is not sustainable... you try running 2 lvl 10 monoliths with upkeep halved on a strict vertically integrated lean manufacturing process. I don't do a lot of buying and selling in other areas so my sustainable income is hard pressed to keep 2 in service...wish there was a way to put ships out of service/commission until needed... granted you would still have to pay upkeep for them, but it would be drastically reduced, say 10-25% of the original upkeep; but in order to keep people from abusing the feature make it like research points, once in service it cannot be out of service for XX turns, and once out of service it cannot be place into service for a minimum of XX turns..
1/5/2017
Topic:
Major change to Demand/Pop in Sol

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
When we attack other players is there a way that instead of resources raided, we can take a percentage of their NW that way the aggressor can still make up for some of the losses should he lose the vote? Also how does this make it fair if a guild attacks a player for actions taken against them, it seems that regardless the attacking player will lose?
1/5/2017
Topic:
Allowing elections in Sol System

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Star Lord of Sol, has a nice ring to it... only through despot means not by NW lol
1/5/2017
Topic:
Allowing elections in Sol System

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
networth
1/5/2017
Topic:

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Ha, okay so basically, in Pluto's case, Gaia can either cast a vote and receive 5% of the aggressor's networth; and risk being completely obliterated by the guild, or they can abstain from the vote since he had it coming.. smile
1/6/2017
Topic:

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
I think that those ideas are fantastic and hope we can get them implemented somehow!
1/7/2017
Topic:
Before Launch

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
The idea of insider trading 'multi' accounts, IMHO, will not have a huge effect on the overall game. Granted the parent corp will get great deals on resources, the second corp will not receive great bonuses/discounts. If you argue against multi, then you may as well argue against guilds... We have high level players that assist the low levels who have reset on accident or on purpose and must rebuild from scratch, so naturally we assist them any way we can, may it be cheap or free lvl 10 freighters, multiple acp's for quick deployment or any other way we can assist players.

Imagine once the launch happens and we have established guilds looking for active players... it'd be like a signing bonus; much like the free stuff in public ARC: Survival or Minecraft servers where high lvls provide some starter items.
1/9/2017
Topic:
What does upgrade do?

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Doc, any thought on placing ships on stand-by/oos?
1/9/2017
Topic:
What does upgrade do?

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
My thought is that you can choose to have your ships and military units in service or out of service.. In order to place units into service, it would require XX amount of turns (say maybe 100-200 turns to dissuade abuse) and while out of service, upkeep is say 10-25% of what it would normally be. That way you can still have a large military force at hand when needed but in order to do some damage with it, it will clearly need to be premeditated. It would require Corps to become more aware of their surroundings if they need to issue a call to arms to bring their fleets to fully manned and battle ready.

Ideally, this would be beneficial to large corps, you could potentially have a standing force and multiple replacements in reserve that only need to be brought into service the moment the predecessor is destroyed...
1/10/2017
Topic:
What does upgrade do?

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Initially I feel as though if your ships are not in commission, they would not participate in the fight, but to be fair, if an enemy navy invaded a harbor, they would not just sit there and let the prestine unmanned ships remain untouched... I guess a purpose of the mechanic would be to allow corps to have the military power to wreak havoc but not penalize them with massive upkeep when they are not causing such havoc wink