CmrdRowen
it's not doing anything, and the avatar size is 100*70
6/16/2016
Topic:
The Alpha Test v3 reporting thread

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
Doctor Dread wrote:
Are you using the browse button to select a file then hitting the upload button? The only other thing it might be is that the file itself is too large like in bytes but if the image is only 100 by 70 that's unlikely

Yes : "change photo" > browse > 100*70px 3,7 kB jpeg file > upload => nothing

EDIT : found the issue, the extension ".jpeg" is not recognized (which is silly as I took those pics from this website durring Alpha 2, lost the original ones)
edited by CmrdRowen on 6/16/2016
6/22/2016
Topic:

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
Election event fires right when the city spawns, fatally there's no HQ so no one eligible...
6/22/2016
Topic:

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
Yes but it's stupid to fire the event when it's fatally impossible to have a potential ruler...
6/22/2016
Topic:
City Ruler voting

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
Add to that people that are in differents timezones, I think it should last for around 100 turns...
6/28/2016
Topic:
Distribution center

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
I hope the idea is still considered, when making something else than raw materials it could really help with managing your raw mats.
6/29/2016
Topic:
Distribution center

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
Yes but if you want to trade raws from another plot on a per turn basis to some people who needs the raws for making more complex stuff, or delivering it to your own factory and selling the excess, distribution centers become pretty much useful as you can manage you supply chains in a better way, transports doing the moving, and distribution centers doing the selling. Right now it's getting annoying when you have to manage your supply chains with a wider and wider array of materials to process...
6/30/2016
Topic:
Resources balance screen

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
I think at some point it's crucial to keep track on how much resources you make and how much is consumed by own industry, regardles of what is sold, just the in and out of own industry.
6/30/2016
Topic:

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
Under the "more info" tab in HQ, I found some typos :
- Small Applicances
- Pharmacuticals
- Restaraunt
7/1/2016
Topic:
Resources balance screen

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
So, I made a spreasheet for calculating production balance, it's a bit basic, but it can be handy.
And tell me if there is some errors :

super calc of death

Note : you're supposed to use green cells and drop-own lists in blue cells
edited by CmrdRowen on 7/1/2016
7/4/2016
Topic:

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
Some forums topics gets deleted while still active
7/8/2016
Topic:
My suggestion for the game

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
There is a problem in your logic : how can we start mining with mining equipment which would need raw materials or components ? You get stucked and can't do anything, right now I think it's fine with raw stuff but the idea to make ships off components sounds nice to me.
7/12/2016
Topic:
City of Huxford needs a ruler

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
I'm already "ruling" Tyaskin, we need a volunteer !
7/12/2016
Topic:

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
When upgrading, setting a production change (from halt) and a buy/sell order on a single factory, new settings for the production change is canceled on the next turn.
EDIT: retried on the same factory, the production change gets droped when launching upgrade on the same turn.
edited by CmrdRowen on 7/12/2016
7/31/2016
Topic:
Playing the Beta, initial thoughts.

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
Wait till you have to manage components and end products, you'll have to push masochism to the hardcore level Big Grin
8/1/2016
Topic:
What is the game written in?

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
javascript and ASP.NET obviously, there's fataly a SQL service running, can't know which one, though.
oh and for basic stuff there's HTML and fatally CSS.
8/1/2016
Topic:

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
Please, don't tell me you're full microsoft on your server, that's an awful thing to do !
8/2/2016
Topic:

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
Doctor Dread wrote:
I am FULL LICENSED MICROSOFT ON THE SERVER *play darth vader music*

Arch, not that underperformance set ! NOOOOOOOOOOO !

@Blinkos: Depends, JavaScript completely exploded lately so there's a lot of better stuff coming in (jQuery and Node.js, great stuff, Processing.js and p5.js looks promissing too) so AJAX (or AJAJ) is more and more used (browser games like Illyriad do use that for example)
8/3/2016
Topic:

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
What about kicking out IIS and using nginx instead ? (but I'm pretty sure it would prevent you to use .NET stuff, though...)
8/3/2016
Topic:

CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
Well that's too bad, microsoft never was a top dealer in web servers for many reasons (except when the chinese puts a lot of phishing websites online), and most visited websites uses Apache, but I'd suggest nginx for the best performances, Apache got a lot of features you won't use anyway.

Doctor Dread wrote:
I've never been in a work environment, or even at home, where I didn't have access to full blown Microsoft products.

Realy ? Not even Android ? Whaaaaa?

EDIT : Trust the holy numbers of the web, they hold wisdom.
edited by CmrdRowen on 8/3/2016