Zip555

all messages by user

1/6/2017
Topic:
Allowing elections in Sol System

Zip555
Zip555
Being elected was a big reason to leave Sol. This change discourages moving HQ outside Sol, and gives Sol-Govenors too much power. If Sol-goveners just got a title, with no income it would be better
1/6/2017
Topic:
Before Launch

Zip555
Zip555
You need to say something about multiple accounts with the same ip-address

Artifacts section in the guide needs rewriting
1/8/2017
Topic:
Before Launch

Zip555
Zip555
Once you take peoples money for a non-beta game, you will need rules, not a "quasi official stance"
1/8/2017
Topic:
Allowing elections in Sol System

Zip555
Zip555
4 starter cities per sol planet, all other cities are equal (population, demand, govenor) is good, but this implies Terran Federation will not defend them. If the govenor is supposed to police his city/planet, then a 5% tax is good, but if Terran Federation provides defence then any tax seems unjustified. The cities in Sol are likely to be larger than those outside, and their income 10 times bigger, in which case half the tax is much too small a change..

Election for planet govenor, does eveyone on the planet vote, or just the city govenors, based on their city size?
edited by Zip555 on 1/8/2017
1/8/2017
Topic:
Major change to Demand/Pop in Sol

Zip555
Zip555
War Reparations - is this triggered by all attacks on another player? If I make 5 attacks against 5 players on a planet, do I just pay one 5%? Is it a licence to fight, I can attack anything on a planet for a week, for a single 5% payment.
If my guild supports an attack, does everyone who supplied troops pay 5%
If I am attacked, I get 5% from the attacker. If my guild then attacks the original attacker, will they then have to pay 5%
1/8/2017
Topic:

Zip555
Zip555
I am sure the defenders will almost always choose to receive 5% of the richest agressor.

So not 5%, if I attack, I risk a fine of 10% of my net worth, or 15% if I attack in a city. If I retalliate against an agressor then I may have to pay 15%NW, instead of him, so do not shoot back. Seems you do not want any fighting.

"The money is evenly distributed amongst all victims" So if there is a fight anywhere in Sol, I need to make my alt corps shoot each other within 1000 turns, as they will all get the same compenstion as the real victim, is that right? I had planned on a main and 2 alts, maybe I will want more.
1/8/2017
Topic:

Zip555
Zip555
"same guy getting voted an aggressor 3 times in 3 days) . If they do that to you, hit em again" and then quit the game.

If I have a 15% fine, then another 15% fine 3 days later, and I loose something in the fighting, I would probably not want to continue.
1/10/2017
Topic:

Zip555
Zip555
"JUST IN CASE a War Reparation events randomly shows up" so only a few attacks result in Reparations? Can you give me an idea of how likely it is, completly random or are big attacks more likely to give it?

If a $20bill corp attacks someone and the event fires, then he has a fine of $1bil on his planet, another 1 bil in the system. Eveyone else in sol will immediatly shoot each other other costing them less than 1mil each. In the vote everyone will vote for the rich corp, and get a share of that 2bil

"spread the funds based on how much damage you have taken" only makes a little difference. If the 20Bil corp inflicts 10mil damage on someone and the event occurs, then 49 other corps shoot each other for 10mil damage each. Each corp receives 40mil from the event (50th of 2bil) while loosing 10 mil
If only 4 corps join in then they make a really big profit, but I expect lots of corps will join in, as long as they are smaller than the original shooter

edited by Zip555 on 1/10/2017
1/10/2017
Topic:
Compenstation

Zip555
Zip555
When a structure or unit is destroyed, at the moment you get a 50% refund of the build cost. Often the time required to rebuild a structure is more important than the cost, so a fast-rebuild voucher would often be more useful than cash. letting me rebuild up to the original level much faster than normal. Letting me choose between a fast-rebuild and cheap-rebuild voucher would be great.
Vouchers would not be tradeable

Corp HQ are important and take ages to rebuild, I think they should not be destructable.
4/2/2017
Topic:
Tutorial

Zip555
Zip555
I selected Corp HQ manually, but tutorial step2 tells me location has not been selected

HQ production has been started, but tutorial step 3 page is completly blank

steps 4 and 5 work fine
edited by Zip555 on 4/2/2017

The end of the tutorial says I receive 250k, but the accounting display does not show it. Presumably it should be in the Others column, but that column only is full of 0

edited by Zip555 on 4/2/2017
4/3/2017
Topic:
website error page

Zip555
Zip555
When I am looking at the demand graph for a product at a city, and click on the name of a corp which has been selling, I get the website error page
4/5/2017
Topic:
Food and population growth

Zip555
Zip555
This will make it hard to develop other planets, only Earth has farms/pastures
4/5/2017
Topic:
Production does not start after structure built

Zip555
Zip555
Being logged out 30 times a day, puts me pff as well.
If you want another benifit for paid accounts, a much longer timeout would be good
4/5/2017
Topic:
Expired contracts

Zip555
Zip555
Contract with a completion date of turn 44o are still listed on turn 478, and have an accept button
4/7/2017
Topic:
Production does not start after structure built

Zip555
Zip555
I have save login, but it does not work too well. Possibly some defensive setting on my PC.
I have to click on my user name, select from a list, then click on password box and select from another list
4/9/2017
Topic:
Asset Folders

Zip555
Zip555
Please could we have folders that we can put assets into, so that we can just see the ones that we want.
The Asset screen quickly becomes over full, a way that the user can organise it is needed.
4/15/2017
Topic:
Minimum stockpile

Zip555
Zip555
Perhaps there could be a warehouse which has upkeep like other structures. Items inside have no storage fees and can be used by factories.
4/16/2017
Topic:
Minimum stockpile

Zip555
Zip555
I think you are making it too complicated

"structure itself has a cargo space for its goods"
OK, separate structure or part of a factory, does not matter

"that fills up first to a certain amount"
As long as the player can control how much the warehouse holds, but easier to make the player control it, no need to automate the filling.

"It uses that "cargo" when it can"
No the factory uses ordinary resources when it can, the warehouse is only used as a last resort, for when ordinary resources are not available.
4/17/2017
Topic:
Payment System Is Being Tested

Zip555
Zip555
"founders starting with huge money on day one"
What?

The kickstarter page says founders get money for Beta tests, no mention of any money on the real server
for example
Open Beta Test bonuses: Paid Account Status, +5 Corp HQ Level. +200mil credits.

3 years of paid subscription and start with Corp HQ Level 6 when the live game launches.

So founder gets big HQ and subscription, but $ was only for Beta

Images are not worth waitind for, just add them when ready
edited by Zip555 on 4/17/2017
4/17/2017
Topic:
Payment System Is Being Tested

Zip555
Zip555
Glad to hear it.

The Quick start with $500 mil in it seems a bit much, if you were thinking founders had lots of cash, then I can understand.
If the third option was $80 and gave $200mil I would be much happier

The net worth of a founder with Corp10 is 250mil, so will the first 2 options be available immediatly?