Methanevalley

all messages by user

9/26/2017
Topic:
Facilities with ongoing sales lockup on city death

Methanevalley
Methanevalley
When a city dies, clicking on facilities that were selling to it produces an error. See, for example, my ranches at Centauri VIII | 12:20 (122071412 : 190428345), the former site of Plantin, and Rigil I | 4:10 (122070929:190425860).

My theory is that this is some sort of edge case triggered by sales not being allowed outside of cities, while the facilities still have ongoing sales commands.

Note: I have only ever had ranches in cities upon their death, so I cannot guarantee that other facilities behave in the same manner, though I know of no reason to suspect that they should not.
1/20/2018
Topic:
New city and geoboosters

Methanevalley
Methanevalley
I can confirm that geoboosts of different types stack, Rico. I can see a notable increase in population growth on Centauri VI whenever I add an AX effect to the A1 and A5 effects which I keep permanently deployed. If you mean geoboosts of the same type, then you would be correct.
8/13/2018
Topic:
What should we work on next?

Methanevalley
Methanevalley
On contract overhaul, I think it might be interesting to allow buying partial stacks. Perhaps Cogs's idea of stack names could be used to allow increasing the size of stacks already for sale, making it easier for someone to sell to the general population of the game on an ongoing basis?

Also, if it isn't too hard on the server, automatically matching buy contracts to sell contracts in the same location might make it easier to establish something like a commodities exchange.

- Titan Industrial
12/22/2018
Topic:
Assets Page: Product Tab: Sell Quantity Bug

Methanevalley
Methanevalley
The quantities listed in the sell quantity column of the product tab seem to be incorrect. For example, during the 100 tick period from 84020 to 84119 inclusive the product tab claims I sold 256,140 basic alloy. My newly built excel spreadsheet, however, gives the figure at 27,945 basic alloy sold over the same period.

Note: My calculations are in agreement with the product tab when it comes to Small Appliances, Manufacturing Tools and Basic Fabric, at least.

Titan Industrial
10/17/2019
Topic:
Barons of the Galaxy Essential Guide

Methanevalley
Methanevalley
Looks good! I did find one mistake, though: storage cost is half the normal value at your HQ, not a tenth the normal value.

-Titan Industrial
11/12/2019
Topic:
Military Cost Rebalancing

Methanevalley
Methanevalley
According to the guide, fighters, bombers, and variteks are now the only non-artifact ground units which can fight in space.
12/27/2019
Topic:
Level 10 Arcology has lower growth

Methanevalley
Methanevalley
When I had a level 10 Arcology in Schirra, the growth rate was 167.4%. After downgrading it to level 9, the growth rate shot back up to 242.4%. There was an A1 geotechnical active in both cases.

- Titan Industrial
5/22/2020
Topic:
About Megastructures

Methanevalley
Methanevalley
If you go to the Overview tab on the Viewscreen, then click "Show Data" on the right, below "Zoom Out", that will show all of the orbital megastructures in the system (if you are zoomed out to the system level. At the planet and city zoom level, you can see the city level megastructures too.

- Titan Industrial
5/23/2020
Topic:
Assets Page

Methanevalley
Methanevalley
I think you might be seeing the politics bonus. That's a percentage that paid players get their logistics increased by, based on megastructure ownership and titles (mayor, emperor, Water King of Sol, ...)

- Titan Industrial
5/23/2020
Topic:
Introductions

Methanevalley
Methanevalley
Welcome to the game! The population is low, but consistent. I don't think you have to worry about the population dropping off abruptly, but I'd be surprised if we got a big influx of players at this point.

- Titan Industrial
8/30/2020
Topic:
New Structure: Packing Facility

Methanevalley
Methanevalley
Perhaps we could assign a priority to each collection order? Ties could be broken by the age or name of the ship.

-Titan Industrial