HenriDavidon

all messages by user

1/11/2020
Topic:
Market Sell for Items

HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon
Is there any programming or gameplay reason why fragments and/or ACPs couldn't also be sold on the Market page (or somewhere similar) instead of just with contracts?

I have often needed to sell items at variable quantities to multiple buyers, but currently one has to use multiple contracts.
1/27/2020
Topic:
randomly logged out

HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon
So, maybe once a week for a couple of months now, I'll be in the middle of something (creating orders, maybe using viewscreen or typing a message) and poof! I am dumped on the main page and logged out. I haven't lost any vital work or anything, but it certainly could happen. Next time I'll have to check whether my other tabs still work - I usually just log back in on the crashed tab.

Has this been addressed before?
1/28/2020
Topic:
randomly logged out

HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon
Do you mean 'save login' or 'remember login on this machine'? Also, I change and share devices too often for that.
As long as it isn't a big problem for anyone else, I'm fine.
1/28/2020
Topic:
Guild Income / Separate Logistics

HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon
Can piles of product be made 'guild assets'? Just to pay for storage costs? Or would that be messy or weird?
5/3/2020
Topic:
Min Demand Variable

HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon
With a large number of units, you can use variables to change Which product you buy/sell and Where to pickup/dropoff, saving fantastic amounts of time. But changing what price to buy or sell at could require modifying 10 or 20 individual orders.

Could there be a Demand variable?
8/8/2021
Topic:
Posting threads causing multiples.

HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon
Hi (I don't work here, just helping). There is no delete function for comms posts (probably to avoid confusion etc). Threads expire on their own, especially/only when nobody posts inside them.
If you hit post and nothing happens, assume it posted, copy your post (so you don't lose it) and open a new page or refresh the page to check that it worked.
1/7/2022
Topic:
Assets and Paid subscription

HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon
Your other assets stay were they are.
I'm sorry you're question wasn't answered here. If you or anyone else have questions, always feel free to ask in the Comms tab in-game or on Discord, both places are active currently.
1/18/2022
Topic:
Historical Preservation Files

HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon
Charters and other ephemera often disappear as times change and progress grinds on.
This would be a good place to put old charters that you value, but need to replace. (other document types welcome, can't think of any yet)

Below charter was made by Insectoids, first called FIST.
1/18/2022
Topic:
Historical Preservation Files

HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon
Charter For The City Of Wellington
The Web of Darkness...
Wellington, Earth. Also known as the home to The Intergalactic Hive, as well as the headquarters (The Great Web) of the Insectoid corporation, as well as, The Web of Darkness... This is not a reference to malicious intent, but literally for the darkness that covers the once bustling streets of Wellington. Now, streets run dark, since most "citizens" have little need for lightbulbs. Even during daylight, however, the darkness of the city remains true. Webs, strewn from every high steeple in the city, to the ground below, run so heavy, that light does not shine through. Through intergalactic trade, bugs bought most properties, throughout Wellington and surrounding areas. Well trade is welcome, the credo of The Intergalactic Hive, "Bug for Bug!", says it all...

NO CONSTRUCTION OF CIVIL SERVICES, PLEASE. MAGIC HAS EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS!

NO CONSTRUCTION ALLOWED, WITH EXCEPTION OF ONE DISTRIBUTION CENTER, PER CORPORATION, WITHIN CITY LIMITS, PLEASE.

NO BUYING FROM WELLINGTON. EVER!

PLEASE, FEEL WELCOME TO TRADE VIA SHIP, TO FILL GAPS IN WELLINGTON TRADE. GROWTH IS KEY!
2/22/2022
Topic:
PvP Talk; Flags, Zones, Peace, or Flame Wars

HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon
PvP- great in theory, tough in practice. Am I ruining someones day? Will I be destroyed for stealing hoverbikes? Can I hinder the competition without being a bad player?

Here are a few ideas to chew on (all player run of course)

PvP Flags; A way to tell people 'I can handle losing a fight'.
PvP Zones; Planets or locations where PvP is expected/accepted

Rules of Escalation; Some kind of eye for an eye arrangement?

(PvP) Peace; What we're enjoying now. Polite and profitable.
Flame Wars; ugh. Comms battles before, during and after HQ wipe.

Grown Up Plots and Feuds; Are these a myth? I feel like I've heard grand war stories from the First Ones and the Old Gods that didn't end with rage quitting.

Feel free discuss here for future reference - you can edit or delete forum posts if you need to
7/28/2022
Topic:
Greetings and Basic Questions Thread

HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon
Hi there. Thought I'd open a thread to anyone who's new or has questions about the game before joining. Expect a bit of delay in here; the Comms tab In-Game is a faster way to get questions answered.
10/1/2022
Topic:
Public Opinion after Dragnic Cyberattack

HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon
Dragnic Industries recently unleashed an AI Supervirus, redirecting 10% of Earth income into their corporate coffers

This poll is unofficially endorsed by Emperor Species 8472 and will likely help decide a response.
10/2/2022
Topic:
Public Opinion after Dragnic Cyberattack

HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon
Welcome Dominik. Ran it through google translate to help others

Dominik Burg said; "Should be tested on other planets next time if it is only used for testing or educational purposes to protect newcomers"
11/5/2022
Topic:
Business opportunity Minerals

HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon
This is a valuable analysis, especially the raws-needed-for-components-etc numbers.
3/27/2023
Topic:
The Contraband Exception

HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon
The corporate world currently swims in a sea of tranquil peace (infrequently but notably wracked by brief and bitter conflict).
Competition simply leads to lower prices, and disputes are resolved peacefully or forgotten. And perhaps this is for the best - many, perhaps most corporate citizens wish only to trade and build in peace.

I believe that the realm of Contraband should be an exception to this trend. It is an industry that should be synonymous with intrigue, made mundane by its almost universal corporate acceptance and de-facto legalization.
Players dealing in contraband should be on the lookout for competitors, and fair game for regulators and vigilante crusaders.

Rules and assumptions like these already exist regarding Civil Services. Lucrative and immobile, services have been widely restricted and monopolized, usually without opposition.

I propose the following simple idea; PvP between contraband dealers and their competitors should be acceptable and expected, as well as between smugglers and Rulers.
We have built a society where casual sabotage and theft are almost unthinkable - let us make an exception for Contraband.
3/27/2023
Topic:
Experiment Resurection

HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon
Sorry for delay. The simple answer is that the first city appears on a planet when at least 1000 industry is operating on one location. Later cities also require a certain (average?) population on the planet be reached.

Bringing down demand by selling any product will grow the city, but new cities especially need raw resources. Find out more by reading the guide or asking questions in game (Comms)