Jazzek

all messages by user

6/27/2016
Topic:
The Alpha Test v3 reporting thread

Jazzek
Jazzek
Found a bug in the channel selection part of the communication tab; if I select the Odegard system, it displays the Odegard messages, if I select Sol, it displays the Sol messages, but if I select Any, it only shows guild messages.
6/27/2016
Topic:
Spawning new cities

Jazzek
Jazzek
I didn't have anything running at 2800. I only turned it on a few hours ago. I've halted it & will enable it again before 2900 & see how that goes. thanks.
6/28/2016
Topic:
Spawning new cities

Jazzek
Jazzek
Looks like i wont be helping out the original spawned city since core group blew up by ship transporting food...
6/28/2016
Topic:
Spawning new cities

Jazzek
Jazzek
I announced in the system channel what i was doing.
6/28/2016
Topic:
Spawning new cities

Jazzek
Jazzek
I used to play eve, so people abusing the power of multiple accounts, blowing stuff up just because they can, and just generally being a jerk because nobody can stop them is not something new to me. I just wasn't expecting it in an alpha where we're trying to try out different things and just get cities growing. That being said, I dislike the idea of multiple accounts. Makes it too easy to get an unbeatable edge.
6/29/2016
Topic:
Distribution center

Jazzek
Jazzek
An example for the need for this... City was founded on turn 2900. I brought two freighters with some resources to help get it off the ground, 66 turns later they haven't even sold half of the stuff in their inventory. There's 15 different types of products they're each trying to sell and I'm guessing they'll be there for probably around 200 turns before they've managed to sell it all. This is time that would be much better spent using freighters to actually freight stuff, not sitting for 200 turns in a city selling 1 of their products at a time. Distribution center would mean I could drop the stuff off, the center sells a bunch at a time (maybe can sell more with higher upgrade level or something?) and the freighters can get back to transporting stuff while the center does the selling.
6/29/2016
Topic:
Spawning new cities

Jazzek
Jazzek
Doctor Dread wrote:
I think you shouldn't hold down the "test" system of Odegard as if we're playing live. I need 3-5 cities to spawn normally so I can try to make the Planetary ruler event.

It shouldn't be too hard to spawn some more cities if we don't have to worry about them being blown up as soon as we try. I can start producing more acps and spawn another one on odegard II given some time.
6/29/2016
Topic:
Distribution center

Jazzek
Jazzek
Masdus wrote:
Jazzek wrote:
An example for the need for this... City was founded on turn 2900. I brought two freighters with some resources to help get it off the ground, 66 turns later they haven't even sold half of the stuff in their inventory. There's 15 different types of products they're each trying to sell and I'm guessing they'll be there for probably around 200 turns before they've managed to sell it all. This is time that would be much better spent using freighters to actually freight stuff, not sitting for 200 turns in a city selling 1 of their products at a time. Distribution center would mean I could drop the stuff off, the center sells a bunch at a time (maybe can sell more with higher upgrade level or something?) and the freighters can get back to transporting stuff while the center does the selling.

No, that is an example of a single player trying to do too much on their own. Cities are a collaborative effort after all.

... Says the person running 4 accounts
6/29/2016
Topic:
Distribution center

Jazzek
Jazzek
But bickering aside, yes, I'm trying to see how possible it is for someone with huge amounts of money & very high corp hq level to get a city sustainable; at least in the beginning stages. I figure it's something that the people who've been around for a very long time in the game will probably want to try.
6/29/2016
Topic:
Downsizing a structure

Jazzek
Jazzek
There's been a few times where I'd have liked to be able to downsize a structure but not completely destroy it. Before we had the cash injections I upgraded some military facilities & the costs turned out to be more than my budget could handle I'd like to have been able to downsize it back to the previous level. You would of course need to pay for the restructuring etc.
Another time I'd like to downsize a production facility to make room for something else in my logistics cap, or it's producing more than I can effectively sell/use etc.
Thoughts?
6/29/2016
Topic:
Distribution center

Jazzek
Jazzek
Masdus wrote:
So be smart about it. With the changes to troop logistics it is now feasible to have a lot of lvl 1 transports. I park a transport or 2 in the city with looping pick up and deliver orders, freeing up those more expensive upgraded cargo unit to travel. I also toyed with doing it for general sales in order to have a less variable turn by turn income.

I also realised this morning I could probably use my ranches to sell off the various goods too, now that their products aren't worth selling for a while, haven't had a chance to test that out yet though. Been too busy :-(
6/29/2016
Topic:
Odegard Assocation Recognised Claims

Jazzek
Jazzek
I'll be adding a few small resource collecting stations at various points around Odegard II to supply Sno & various components I'll be building for the city.
6/29/2016
Topic:
Distribution center

Jazzek
Jazzek
Doctor Dread wrote:
Jazzek wrote:

It is a difficult mechanic to implement because several other people could be selling at the same time and there's a limit (the volume) that can be sold in a turn and it all happens "in one pass" in the code, no looping. I want to try making a "Pick up All" and "Sell All" option to the order. "All" not as in quantity but "All" as in every different type you are carrying. I might be able to make that happen in one turn. So you can go to a location and pick up "all" which will pick up everything it can and then sell "All" which will try to sell all the different types at once. One day I'll get on that

<3
6/30/2016
Topic:
Odegard Assocation Recognised Claims

Jazzek
Jazzek
I'm mining all the metals & working on chemicals. My plan is to keep them all at level 2, just enough to slowly drop the demand and build up a bit of an excess, then work on producing the components for infrastructure, then the infrastructure itself. I haven't set up anything for minerals so that's handy. I have a contract out to purchase water if anyone has excess. Whoever is making it will probably want to sell to the city first though since my price is currently lower than the city's.
6/30/2016
Topic:
Forum

Jazzek
Jazzek
Page number navigation at the top of the forum so you don't have to scroll down through all the first posts to the bottom before clicking on the last page.
6/30/2016
Topic:
Dangerous fad

Jazzek
Jazzek
Just saw this event. Cool
7/2/2016
Topic:
Distribution center

Jazzek
Jazzek
is the 'sell all different types' option going to be something that will likely be worked on sooner, or further down the track? Just wondering if I should set up a fleet of 10 corvettes to sell my meats or hold out until it's implemented.
7/2/2016
Topic:
Distribution center

Jazzek
Jazzek
No worries. :-)
7/9/2016
Topic:
My suggestion for the game

Jazzek
Jazzek
I've considered raiding your 80k worth of sugar and coffee for my city but dont feel like starting a war :-)
7/11/2016
Topic:
Spawning Terran controlled city in new systems

Jazzek
Jazzek
that would be pretty handy for when your city starts to get out of control with demand, you can buy what you need to keep it growing without having to ship it all from sol or try to manufacture too many things. With the current playerbase it's super hard to keep demand down. We have maybe 5 corps out here?