BaronOfThGalaxy

all messages by user

1/16/2017
Topic:
Multiple order actions

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Is there a possibility to execute multiple orders at one turn for lets say a transport vehicle.
Example:

Order number#4: Buy From City: 250 fish
Order number#5: Buy From City: 250 beef

To combine these 2 into taking only 1 turn instead of 2 separate ones.

Example 2:

Order number#4: Sell To City: 500 beef
Order number#5: Buy From City: 500 fish

To sum up that multiple actions at the same location does only take 1 turn.

This will open up many opportunities in managing logistics and takes away a lot of what feels like unnecessary turns imo.
1/16/2017
Topic:
Multiple order actions

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Sorry but you don't make any sense, do you even know what I meant with this suggestion?
Or please explain what you meant with what you call is the problem.
1/16/2017
Topic:
Multiple order actions

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Yes I was already wondering if this was on limitation with the code, or was designed intenionally for every actions but some parts had to be refined yet.

I don't know if this a good idea, but like an additional turn in between the 10minutes (at 5:00) which is only for loading and unloading cargo/units and other misc logistical stuff, not sure if this kind of method can bypass the code limitations at this point in the first place, but if it is it could be an idea to solve this issue a bit.
1/16/2017
Topic:
Multiple order actions

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Ok I get it
1/16/2017
Topic:
Multiple order actions

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
I thought you mean with "Granted this does not fix the problem", that if you made that possible it would not fix the problem. smile
My english is not perfect.
1/16/2017
Topic:
Safegaurd system for computer bots

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
I just want to "heads up" about bot systems that automatically play the game, and possible systems that can prevent this in the future.

For example today most of the time you have to proof that you are not a robot to create an account on a lot of internet websites with complicated picture selection. (everyday bots they are getting smarter)

At the current state when I'm looking at this game it would be very easy to create automated bots and make a fortune ingame without doing anything 'if I could code' those bots and basically ruin the gameplay for dedicated players without them even knowing it.

Looking at patterns only to pick out bots will only fish out the noob coders, the real good coded bots don't have patterns to be seen, even if they get caught they just get adjustments and they will be back.

Anyway its just something to bring this to the notice for future plans or something. wink smile
1/16/2017
Topic:
Safegaurd system for computer bots

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
I actually don't meant a safeguard system when creating an account, I mean when you are playing.

Just a totally raw example, while playing you have to solve those "I'm not a robot puzzles" randomly happening before your new actions will be accepted by the system otherwise it will not apply them.

Something like that or familiar in that direction if you get what I mean smile
1/17/2017
Topic:
Additional buy option

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Is it possible to add another buy option for transport units to buy max volume from the market instead of fixed numbers?
For example now you constantly have to adjust the numbers to avoid your transport will wait another turn just to add another quantity of 1 on top of 929 because you have set the number to buy a total of 930 and the market volume has decreased since you have a loop order set to buy from that city.

So basically a third option beside 'Fill Cargo' and Fixed 'Quantity' , which is 'Max Volume' from one turn
1/18/2017
Topic:
Additional buy option

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Yea that would be perfect to be able to allow it to stay only for 1 turn for buying/importing products for this situation.
1/18/2017
Topic:
Downloadable application

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
I want to bring in the suggestion for a downloadable application of BotG.

What I'm experiencing right now is getting somewhat tired of the waiting delay when going through information data on the map etc, like when you click on a city, than click demand tab for example, click back to overview map again, just already these few steps is trying to make me do it as less as possible since I just want to look at 1 product it's demands which feels like ages lol.

An application just showing all the information data you requested from a map area would be great already, that would instantly pop up the information I'm looking for because that small delay every click I make is killing me right not, but it could be me only.
And maybe also reduces the load on servers since it doesn't have to send data more than one time with 1 turn, because now when clicking back to something it is always refreshing.
1/19/2017
Topic:
Downloadable application

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Yes that sounds better to have less navigation into reports, while the navigation itself I personally have no problem with but the delay on your click request is going to work on your nerves after a period, but more information or options to enable it on screen is diffidently going to reduce the annoyens by a lot.
Maybe a request button to show every city of a planet and all it's information on grids ordered by cities which you are able to scroll down on a page, and buttons on the top to quickly bring you to the right part on the page, like clicking a city name and it will scroll you automatically to the grids showing all the information of that city.
Than you only have to refresh it only once each turn and have the all the information about a planet with one click on screen.

I've Looked into the Show Data tab but this all gives an overall view of the planet status, I really need to look specifically in every city to see price changes and compare stuff and catching stuff with the eye and looking into information of specific cities.
1/19/2017
Topic:
Buy options and custom pictures

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
2 suggestions:

Additional option when buying to prevent making big losses; an option to set the max %demand price to be allowed to buy, for example I want to prevent my transports or distribution center to buy a product from the market if the demand% has reached 200%.
Than maybe something like transports will go back to a set location when they are no longer be allowed to buy, or just keep doing their route without buying anything.

Option to upload your own pictures for your buildings and vehicles, but only you can see the custom pictures, like someone attacks you with an infantry and you would see their picture, you would see the custom picture you have set for infantry, so this is all customizations which are all only for your personal view, although if this is good idea I don't know how it will work with copyrights, even if it's only for personal view...
1/20/2017
Topic:
City Leader?

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Is banning trade guilds not make a place more like a country than a city? personally I would just leave a guild to avoid those restrictions if I come to one lol
1/20/2017
Topic:
Downgrade assets and upgrade queues

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
2 suggestions related to upgrades,

Possibility to downgrade upgrades you have made on units or buildings to free up space in asset capacities, since there is a limit you need to adjust levels if you change business strategies which can now only be done by destroying it and and start all over again with a unit or building and bring it to the desired level, and downgrading also maybe costing time and credits.

And queues to set for upgrades, so buildings and units will automatically start to advance to the next upgrade when it finishes a former upgrade when there is credit available, so I can set my transport for example to keep upgrading to level 4.
1/20/2017
Topic:
Buy options and custom pictures

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
yes that's also very cool, and actually even better to have fixed themes for that indeed, altough it cost more effort for an art designer because it has to do the whole line for the collection.
1/21/2017
Topic:

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
well I don't like the idea that being an additional perk for paid accounts only imo, putting a pay wall to unlock game mechanics seems to be very thing what is wrong with games these days, but yo, that's my opinion :P
1/22/2017
Topic:

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Ain't it an idea to have the game just everything same for everyone, but you make clear to the players that they are able to support the game to keep the game running and further develop, there is always the possibility to change it into paid perks because of lack of support (not because of greedy shareholders who got your company in a stranglehold LUL)
I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of support from people for this concept, although I have no crystal ball, I can imagine people want to keep a game alive they have a lot of fun with that still demands nothing of them.
But anyway, yea anything which is less being placed behind a paywall I can only support that smile
1/22/2017
Topic:
Logistical solutions

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
There is a lot of logistical management in this game, I have now come to a point that I can't handle the management of all my logistics without spending a lot and a lot of time configuration my assets stock in cities and transports.

For example last day the clothing industry collapsed, I have been buying lot's of clothing since than, I got several cities full stocks of clothing products, which is fine because I make a lot of profit of them, but transporting them out of the cities to the locations I want them to is an extremely exhausting job.
Either way it would be fine if I was not paying storage cost, but since it did I have to get it out.

I have some suggestions for logistical management:
1.For on the logistical main page an order options, with next to units which can transport goods and products selection boxes, just like when you mass upgrade.
Than you can issue orders like this; Select a transport unit to do the job (from main asset list) > select the city which all the goods as to be send to (from main asset list options) > select all the products (from main asset list) > choose between transport/sell products.
Now the transport will automatically will create the orders to do the job for the selections you have made and starts transporting the goods to the place you have selected and starts selling it or dumping it inside

2.Disband unit group option, now you have to select them one by one to get the out of a group, or a selection box to select each unit you want to disband out of it.

3.Select all units from main asset list with check boxes to move to an location immediately/after empty cargo/after first reaching loop order, and it will cancel their current orders after that and move to the location, for maybe emergency or just logistical reasons.

4.Additional list of cities when you issue 'move to location' order, so you can see all cities names instead of scrolling down a whole list of code named places in between.

Tbh the logistical management is just to much for me now that I'm not doing it anymore, at least not for now.
1/22/2017
Topic:

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Tbh cosmetic vanity items and different variations of ship images could be the perfect solution in my opinion, that's like giving everyone 99% of the game, just make sure the players got the statement that the game is free but it still needs support and they can do that by taking a subscription which is purely to support the game and it's development and they will be getting cosmetic customization options as an extra , in that case.
For example having the ability to upload you own pictures could be a good addition for subscribers, some people are restyling their game into Star Wars, Starcraft, Halo, or EVE, this might also attract a big data base of players who want to do this just for the fact it feels like they are making their own game, which already has a great setting to do so on.
I don't know if you ever played Magic Cards, but it are the pictures on the cards that does it all, it just triggers the fantasy smile
But yes there are a a lot of option you can do with subscription, but you can also always change or adjust them if something is not working the way intended.
1/23/2017
Topic:
Logistical solutions

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Yea I should do, I'm taking it slow for now, although I like doing logistical management it's now getting to much for me to keep it all up to date and have fun it it.
I'm also using save orders and load them in, but with every modifications the page has to be refreshed, and clicking units refreshing pages etc, the refreshing of pages with every action I makes tires you out even more lol.