LunaMoth
LunaMoth

edited by LunaMoth on 7/8/2017
7/12/2017
Topic:
Title overlaps title crest

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
Yeah maybe. I like the naming. A smaller font might do it--no rush. :p Thought I'd mention it for the sake of mentioning it.
7/22/2017
Topic:
Bug with AI Supervirus Artifact

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
The titled claim based is on what you said in the game Comms: "Its any profits from sells made on earth cities". Attached is 20 turns around the AI Supervirus event on Earth starting on turn 9789. On turn 9790 I start to lose 10% of the previous turn's "Balance" despite the fact that I'm selling on other planets and moons (see most recent sales and units making sales off of Earth).

No compensation is necessary; figured I'd share this if you plan to make changes to that Artifact.

Kind Regards,

Luna Moth
8/29/2017
Topic:
Warp Gate Prices

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
I'd like to see gatekeepers - maybe a feature that only allows certain list of guilds to use your gate.
10/22/2017
Topic:
The great ship stat doubling went in

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
Some observations:
- Variteks appear to do the same damage to scouts/corvettes as before--fighters are good. EDIT: Unresolved.
- Ace fighters, heavy bombers, and modified variteks still have the same hp as before (200, 120, 200). EDIT: This is a case by case basis; newer units have correct values.
- Ace fighters say x5 damage but still do x4 damage--maybe you didn't mean to change this number? EDIT: This point seems to be resolved.
edited by LunaMoth on 11/13/2017
11/13/2017
Topic:
The great ship stat doubling went in

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
I think it is intentional. All ships will be more open to attack now. Destroyers and Cruisers have similar hp to size ratios. Freighters, Frigates, and Corvettes are even worse off. If a city gets attacked, Freighters are even more likely to go down. You will also have to do a little more planning before making an attack. For Warp Carriers, you sacrifice durability for speed.

Despite that, all ships and units could definitely be more balanced--but they are not absurdly imbalanced.
11/14/2017
Topic:
Artillery's effectiveness vs Ships

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
Artillery also doesn't fight in space making it less useful in ship combat--imagine if it could fire from a ship and not be damaged due to it being protected by the ship! It would be similar to an orbital gun.

Although, on ground such as Earth, it does more damage to weaken or destroy ships when compared to things like tanks, infantry, and even battlesuits. The damage is still only 10% that of a bomber though.
12/5/2017
Topic:
AI Supervirus Takes A LOT more than 10% of profits

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
This was a known bug which I guess hasn't been fixed yet.
12/26/2017
Topic:
City Megastructures and some other fixes

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
"Artifacts removed in this way are destroyed with no salvage!"
I agree with this decision.

"Population damage on Combat was displaying wrong, it is 10% of Attackers Power used in battle, previously it was displaying the full power as damage. "
What if instead the difference in Attacker power and Defender power (multiplied by 10%) would be the population loss?
12/27/2017
Topic:
Average Number of Active Users

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
Deep space exploration is what I joined this game for. Later I realized that other areas are dormant until unlocked. I understand this is done to keep the community together. It would be neat if you could go to these other places but a city won't unlock until a ruler vote. That would keep players closer to the developing systems while allowing some others to go exploring for loot or even their accidental death. For example, you could explore an area on some planet or moon based on an event and then get attacked by pirates! or a gas explosion causes 50% damage to your ships, etc.
edited by LunaMoth on 12/27/2017
1/1/2018
Topic:
Carrier Loss

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
RIP
2/18/2018
Topic:
Combat problems

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
Alternatively, you can have each member in your guild specialize in certain units and be called upon to battles accordingly. One strategy is to have one or two guild members have a large hanger monoliths (650k) with each carrying 14 normal Variteks (1260k). Normal Variteks are much more effective at absorbing damage from MAK drones than a group of modified Variteks because the costs become too high with the latter. A modified Varitek is really only good at dealing heavy damage against Fighters and Bombers--with greater potential to destroy Ace and Heavy units in 1 turn. In addition to this, another member of your guild could have a large hanger monolith (650k) carrying 14 Heavy Bombers (1750k). With good coordination, the group of three can easily deal with MAK Motherships or MAK Doomstars.

Dread: For higher level events, it might be a good idea to include MAK Gunships.
edited by LunaMoth on 2/18/2018
4/15/2018
Topic:
Voyage to the Center of the Milky Way Galaxy

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
A few thousand turns ago, Luna Moth Industries initiated the first ever voyage to the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. The purpose of the voyage was to see what was at the galaxy's center. In addition, observations of territories outside the Alpha Quadrant (perhaps a "Beta" Quadrant) would be documented. Information collected is transmitted back to the research facilities in Alpha. Details of the voyage are listed below.

Ship Specifications
Type: Zenith Hypercraft "Wasp"
Crew: 2
Movement: 186 ((32+30)*3)
Original Ship Discoverer: Echos Echo
Movement Enhancements: Luna Moth Industries' "Bookshelf" research group

Voyage Information
Destination: "Center of Milky Way Galaxy" (122070312 : 122070312)
Departure: Warp Gate lvl 7 "Door of Night" (122067817 : 190428507); launched at 7626 (186x41) movement (one way) a few hundred turns before 40000.
Difference in coordinates: (2495 : 68358195)
Estimated Duration of Voyage: 8965 Game Turns / 89650 Earth minutes / ~1494.17 Earth hours / ~62.26 Earth days
Estimated Time of Arrival: Game Turn 48630

Received Information
Game Turn Status: 48642 (8965+ of 8965); 0 remaining.
Notable Observations: None!
edited by LunaMoth on 4/20/2018

--

Breaking News Update
Game Turn Status: 51025
Notable Observations: After investigating the void at the center of the galaxy for nearly 3000 game turns, the crew of the Wasp has discovered a never before seen ship that they've nicknamed "Sparrow" to commemorate their love and devotion to exploration. The new ship is similar to a standard scout ship but has a strange modification that enables it to perform at levels beyond what any other ship in Earth's known history is able to achieve! In particular, they noted that it is the fastest ship (without warp assist) ever recorded with a movement of 250. They're not sure what the ship's origin is but they have been able to communicate with the crew of Sparrow and have found that they are not aligned with any Raider faction, Machines, or the dreaded Dark Star Empire. They say they were sent on a similar mission to explore the galaxy. Wherever they are from, they clearly have more advanced technologies than any currently available Earth-based technology (and they also appear to be friendly). A word of caution to those back home: They may be watching you.
edited by LunaMoth on 5/6/2018
4/16/2018
Topic:
"Wings" of ships

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
This logistics improvement may be useful for large-scale mining operations. Although, it would sacrifice flexibility when compared to the same number of individual ships in a fleet. I can see it being complicated to combine singlets to form a wing (different stats, level, etc.) or decompose wings. But maybe it can be done.
4/16/2018
Topic:

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
6 weeks? It'll be there in less than 500 Game Turns (<4 days). Does that mean you plan to pause the game? 🤔
4/19/2018
Topic:

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
That's okay, no rush. We can wait until you are ready to release something. The voyage was ultimately meant to be for fun. One thing I later realized is that if you zoom out all the way, there is no visible military so it would be difficult for other corporations to spot the ship.
4/20/2018
Topic:
"Fad" Events Initiating On Planets Without City

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
Panther IV, X, probably other systems too.
4/21/2018
Topic:
Spaceport mechanic overhaul

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
I'm curious what would happen if a Spaceport was in the process of capture and someone moved to salvage it. Will salvaging be disabled during capture?

Also, regarding Earth Megastructures, is it possible to have permanent Terran Megastructures provided that the community voted for it? One idea is that they will have one of each structure in each quadrant and some number of ships to defend those locations. If a structure is attacked, Terran forces will converge onto those points. If a structure is captured, the Terrans would continually try to recapture it. If a structure is destroyed, a new one will be created after some number of turns and will level up at a normal pace to level 5 but no further.
4/23/2018
Topic:
Ground Unit lvl 2 UI Incorrect Scaling

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
Level 2 Infantry and some other level 2 ground units (Transport, Missile Turret, Ion Cannon, etc.) show incorrect "Effective Attack Multiplier" of 500% as opposed to 5%. Actual damage during battle seems correct.
5/2/2018
Topic:
Ground Unit lvl 2 UI Incorrect Scaling

LunaMoth
LunaMoth
But a level 3 unit shows x10, and a level 10 shows x100. Again, I am talking about the "Effective Attack Multiplier". Perhaps the confusion arose because % is shown for level 2 units but not for other types of units.