nynobernie

all messages by user

8/21/2017
Topic:
Orbital Megastructures are now available

nynobernie
nynobernie
Just curious... If I activate the overlay while watching a whole system (like Sol), the markers for megastructure spots are also there. Does this mean you can build them there? If so, what effects do they have?
8/22/2017
Topic:
Perhaps its time to tweak Geo Boosters

nynobernie
nynobernie
Another idea... Could you just scale down the bonus of the geobooster depending on the population? For example if population the city is 0 (hypothetical) the booster gives 10% (or 5% whatever) bonus. At 50 Mio the bonus ist halved to 5 %. At 100 Mio population the bonus is 0%. So no matter how many boosters are active in parallel, population could never grow above 100 Mio. And in larger cities, the demand effects would start to outweigh the boosters benefit.
8/29/2017
Topic:
Warp Gate Prices

nynobernie
nynobernie
I'd like to suggest a change in the prices for warp gate usages.

Right now the price scales linear with warp speed, also the maintenance cost scale the same. So lets say i earn X% for of the maintenance costs every turn. If I upgrade the warp gate, the maximum earnings will stay at X% of earnings. But as soon as someone decides he does not want to pay for the new max warp level, the the earning drop. I feel like upgrading the warp gate should make it possible to earn more than with lower level gates (upgrading military units makes them up to 10 times as strong compared to the logistics needed, while a max level warp gate generates the same or less income percentage wise compared to the maintenance costs) . So I suggest to change price calculation to something like 1000*warpspeed*size*2. This way upgrading could potentially allow for higher earnings with maintenance scales slower. It's still a risk because you pay more upkeep, but at least there might be a few turns where some sends his fleet at max speed that could make an upgrade worthwhile.

I'm aware that the above is not necessary true or needed if you make a profit with the gate. But i have the feeling there are just not enough players right now for this to happen. A rough estimate for my gate to be break even is 10 times as many usages.

Also i'd like to see options to allow my guild or specific coorporations free usage of my gate.

Any opinions on the topic?
10/4/2017
Topic:
Transfering All Items

nynobernie
nynobernie
The option to Pick-up/Drop-off "All Items - Everything" would be a nice quality of life improvment for me. Right now if I switch research from time to time and want to collect the items i have to specifically select every single item typ for pick-up and again for drop-off.
10/4/2017
Topic:
Transfering All Items

nynobernie
nynobernie
I think i would be fine to load specific orders first. After that handle the orders for pick up anything in the easiest manner you can imagine. If there are two units wanting to pick up anything and only one gets something, or its random that has to be an expected possible outcome. If thats not possible handle it like item deployment, where if 3 units want to deploy an item of which are only 2 present, none of the units will deploy an item. Thats not a nice solution, but better than nothing.
10/11/2017
Topic:
Double Fleetpower Bug

nynobernie
nynobernie
I have a carrier that has loaded gunsuits with power 60K. Now I have put that carrier in a fleet. The power of the fleet is now 120K.

Seems like you are adding the power of the gunsuits (60K) and the power of the carrier carrying the gunsuits (also 60K), basically counting the gunsuits twice. Not sure if it is just a visual glitch or is effecting gameplay (asteroid mining). Let me know if you need more information.
10/12/2017
Topic:
Whats going on with Warp Gates ???

nynobernie
nynobernie
No matter what you set as Warp Factor, you cannot get more than the level of the warp gate. My guess is you are using a level 1 warp gate, which has x1 as max bonus.
10/12/2017
Topic:
Free product generation

nynobernie
nynobernie
I have found a bug that allows to generate any product in unlimited quantities. I'll send details ingame in a few minutes.
10/16/2017
Topic:
Free product generation

nynobernie
nynobernie
Thats what I did. I just posted here because ingame messages seem to get overlooked easy (at least by me)
10/16/2017
Topic:
Selll/pick up everything bug

nynobernie
nynobernie
To your second part:
The problem is that only one product gets picked up at a time. After picking up the units seems to check if there is more there for the pick up order. So for pick up all it ll do:

1. Pick up everyting from product A
2. Check if there is more -> Yes Product B
3. Pick up everyting from product B
4. Check if there is more -> Yes Product A got produced in the mean time
5. Loop back to 1

As you have said it ll move to next order if cargo is full or there is nothing left after picking up (which will be the case if there is just one product).

The easiest solution i see is allowing to pick up multiple products at once. Otherwise you had to store information which product has been picked up before and should not again be picked up by that unit even if there is more that got produced/dropped off. This seems a little complicated.
On the other hand one might argue that its cheaper if only full freighters move around (warp gate costs).
10/16/2017
Topic:
Strange things happen

nynobernie
nynobernie
I noticed that i own 35 AX Cybertronic at the moment. I received some from quests a couple of times. I used around 5. This would make it 8 times quest rewards since i never produced them in research centers... So this would be really high number and I dont actually think i got them this often.

I am 90% sure I had 25 in Lyle this morning. Now I just finished two AXM quests. And received 5 AXCyber in one of them. But the number of AXCyber in Lyle is now 30 + the 5 at the quest location (one the way to Lyle now). I may be wrong, but I think there is some kind of bug through which i get more items then I should when a quest finishes. Do you have any way of verifying my numbers?
10/16/2017
Topic:
Interface example

nynobernie
nynobernie
I think this looks awfull. I rember starting the game and i took quite some time to get used to the ui. This would not make it easier. It's just too much... One or two images might be fine, but there is no reason to have a diffrent one for every panel and button ... I this makes it in the game somehow, let me disable it in the user settings. I'd much more prefer the clean look we have now.
10/16/2017
Topic:
Strange things happen

nynobernie
nynobernie
Yeah they do 5 Ax at a time. But I am almost certain this did not happen 8 times for me. A wild guess is you get the 5 items at the quest location and also at your Hq under some conditions. But I also got 5 AXGeo for the first time today and it did not happen there.
But 40 AXCyber? I think I would remember it happening this often.
10/16/2017
Topic:
Strange things happen

nynobernie
nynobernie
I can assure that i never made the Ax cyber in research Labs. I got all through quests. I curently make multiple Ax m at once, but i changed research today and dont remember if it was before or after doing the quests. And yes i had a second axm quest active at the same time i got the AXCybers.
edited by nynobernie on 10/16/2017
10/16/2017
Topic:
Strange things happen

nynobernie
nynobernie
Well as I said... I am 90 % sure I had 25 this morning. After the quest I looked again and had 30 at my hq plus 5 at the quest location. But I cant be 100% sure it happend in exactly the moment the quest finished. I just happend to look at my items right after.
10/17/2017
Topic:
Strange things happen

nynobernie
nynobernie
Great wink Glad I could help
10/18/2017
Topic:
Strange things happen

nynobernie
nynobernie
@BFC: Why do you think you should only get 3 items? (Is there an official note somewhere?)

Apart from this... I just had a look at my message from said quests and the first of the two quest in finished had been the AXGeotechnical reward (which went fine as far as I can tell). The AXCybertronics (where I received 5 @HQ + 5 @quest location)I got from the second quest. So there was just one active quest when the bug occured. On the otherhand the reason might be that there has been another quest active when i deployed the artifact for the "Cyberquest".
I dont know what you have changed exactly but maybe you should have a look at it again with this information.
10/19/2017
Topic:
Planet Defense

nynobernie
nynobernie
I'd like to see more options for defending an entire planet.
The problem I see is you have to split up your forces. Either bacause you want to defend multiple cities, or you want to guard an orbital structure + a city/location. An attacker will obviously start attacking your weak spots and not attack where you are strongest (if you are even military wise).

A starbase for example could give me a great bonus for my city defenses, but if I were on the attacking side, I'd destroy the starbase first. If I as a defender send half of my forces the guard the starbase, I nullify the whole 100% bonus from lvl 10 starbase, because each location would fight with half the forces with double fighting power.
Suggestions:
  • make orbital structures indestructable until only so many ships/troops are left on the planet of the owning player
  • let me guard a radius around the current position, so if I guard at the center of a planet and set radius to 10 I could defend everything from 2:2 to 22:22. It could also be done in a way that the units had to move there first and could only help one turn or so later. (This is of cause exploitable by sending a scout to lure the defender away, which is a problem that had to be solved.)
  • it might also be beneficial to let orbital structures interact with each other. Orbitalguns could defend other o guns or starbases and would get the bonus from the starbases. That would make the problem a little smaller in my opinion.

I know the starbase also lets you build ships at double the speed, but thats not a big enough advantage in my opinion (it not even scales when upgrading the base as far as I noticed, so level 1 is all you need for that purpose).

I'd like to hear your opinions and suggestions on that matter.
edited by nynobernie on 10/19/2017
10/20/2017
Topic:
Demand and volume

nynobernie
nynobernie
Generally i feel like volumes are to low. To sell all products from a singlelvl 10 factory (1200 output) you need to sell to cities with a total of about 120 million population (if you only want to supply 10% to get stable prices). Thats like all of earth right now if I am not mistaken? With one factory?

So generally I suggest doubeling volumes. But in order to counter huge profits I'd also suggest that volumes are coupled to the demand. So for products with low demands, there would exist a lot more people willing to buy right?

Lets say volume is doubled at 200 demand (is now 1000 instead of 500 for example). But if no one supplies it, the price rises. naturally less people are willing to buy. So at 300% demand the volume could drop back to 500. At 400% demand maybe you can only sell 250 per turn. On the other hand if product is cheap, lets say 100% demand, volume could go up to 2000, at 50% 4000.

This would make it possible to sell higher volumes at reasonable prices and on the other hand it would make it easier to lower demand for products that are very high in demand since you would not have to supply as much to lower demand. If the scaling of demand/population/volumes is scaled in a good way, this would also make it nearly impossible to drop demand to 10% since volumes would(should) get ridiculously high.Overall I think this could make the economy healthier.

All numbers are only examples to explain the idea.
edited by nynobernie on 10/20/2017
10/22/2017
Topic:
Logistics

nynobernie
nynobernie
It tells you how many levels of structures you currently have. You can keep building/leveling up as far as you want, but once have more logistics points than you "max" logistics value, each additional point will raise upkeep of your structures by 1%. In your case you can have 25 levels of structures without penalty. Right now you use 28 points, so all your buildings are 3% more expensive to maintain (basically lowering your profits because production get more expensive).
The same applies for military units.