Hutton

all messages by user

5/13/2017
Topic:
Net Worth of Products?

Hutton
Hutton
How are products figured into net worth? Are they valued at 100% demand?
5/13/2017
Topic:
Interception?

Hutton
Hutton
I haven't tried it, but I think you could do it by observing a shipping fleet for a couple of turns and plotting out their speed and heading. You would need much faster ships to be able to keep catching up though, because they will keep moving while you stop to attack them.
5/13/2017
Topic:
Net Worth of Products?

Hutton
Hutton
I just tested by checking my networth before and after salvaging a stack, and the value of the salvage got added to net worth. That leads me to believe that products in storage aren't factored into net worth at all.
5/13/2017
Topic:
Game is Now Launched Live!

Hutton
Hutton
Cant seem to get in. Still getting:

Game Is Temporarily Disabled

The game is set to launch live on

May 13th, 2017

Return To Home Page
5/13/2017
Topic:
Water

Hutton
Hutton
This was a bug? My whole opening business plan was based on it.
5/14/2017
Topic:
Structures and transports are failing to Buy

Hutton
Hutton
I'm trying to buy sports equipment through both a structure in Chicago and a transport in Houston. The transport seems stuck on the order and the structure isn't buying.
5/14/2017
Topic:
Structures and transports are failing to Buy

Hutton
Hutton
Nah, I figured it out. I had a ship qued up to go for when I earned enough, but it was gumming up the Buy orders.
5/15/2017
Topic:
The Lansraad

Hutton
Hutton
Lansraad means "Land Council". I invite anyone who would like to run for city ruler and join the Lansraad to make that desire known here. If you wish to run and join, you are asked to vote for other corps that wish to join and are running in a city other than your own. Members will be asked to maintain a unit of either Mechanized or aircraft that is for sale to the Guild for 1 credit so that other city rulers of the Landsraad can use them for defense in an emergency.

The Emperor, when one is elected, may not be a member of the Lansraad.

The Lansraad will regulate Kanly, a declaration of vendetta.

The Lansraad will protect their city unless Kanly is in effect against a resident of the city.
5/15/2017
Topic:
Same unit appearing twice on Military Assets page.

Hutton
Hutton
TRA37 was appearing in both New York and at 11:9 on the Military Assets page. It fixed itself on refresh. I'm not sure if a turn had passed when I refreshed it.
5/17/2017
Topic:
Cargo capacity way out of whack.

Hutton
Hutton
I was looking at units in Chicago to see who was blocking the market and I noticed a corvette, CVT BSNS 2, just under 10,000 units of cargo out of a capacity of 200. The owner might not even have noticed so I thought I should report on his behalf.
5/17/2017
Topic:
Mayor's role in the city

Hutton
Hutton
Parades. Lots and lots of parades.
5/17/2017
Topic:
Cargo capacity way out of whack.

Hutton
Hutton
Noticing it on my own units now, also in Chicago. Seeing it from the inside now it doesn't seem like it effects selling power.
5/17/2017
Topic:
Earth Alliance

Hutton
Hutton
Hey badmaw, are you still playing?
5/19/2017
Topic:
Related to the Moon Charter - Reparations

Hutton
Hutton
The emperor had to make up a story about his daughter being sick in the middle of the night and in now running really, really late for work. Plus, the mayor has been slacking of at work for the past two weeks and should buckle down today, or he will have to shitty weekly reports in a row. Then he has to take his girlfriend to a movie or there will be a big fight like the last time brother vulpex attacked me in New York while we were out to dinner and I started playing with my phone.

I'll try to read the other posts on the train, but I'll trust you guys to start hammering something out. I'm not running for emperor next week. The Mayor needs a vacation..
5/19/2017
Topic:
Moon Charter - Research Centers

Hutton
Hutton
I'm in favor of a mix of option 1 and 2, weighted more heavily towards option 1. I think we will end up with coalitions in each city and the mayors will have to cater to the needs of their supporters to stay in power, thus 2 doesn't need to be codified.

I stand by my suggestion that their should be one administrator with the strongest military presence that doesn't get a research station. My initial suggestion was that that should be the Emperor, but was forgetting that the moon will have it's own mayor soon, so that is the obvious person that should be the administrator. That would mean a 26th research center that stands idle. Ironically, this might create a situation where nobody wants the job because they have to suspend research and you have other players for cable drafting them into the position.

I further propose that areas of the earth be divided into conferences by continent. The largest city in each conference levels their facility up to a point where they can use all the points allocated for their conference. Stations may cede their points to a larger station which doesn't have to be in their conference.

You name you station after your city. If you are donating your points to another station, you name it after that station. You get to keep stack land units there of whatever size and types you want, except commandos. They defend the area. Upon wining city office, before your station is turned over to you, you must pledge to abide by the moon charter and support the City Manager of Lewis. (Maybe we can petition Dread to manually change the name to something more symbolic if Lewis doesn't object).

The city manager gets one defensive structure of each type and one land unit of each type. Maybe extra commandos. They are never to leave Lewis. If anyone refuses to turn their station over within 100 (200?) turns of leaving office, the city manager shall rally the stakeholders together to destroy that office. if the city manager breaches is his responsibility, all the other corps are called upon to honor their pledge to oust the city manager. I suggest a convention by which the emperor calls a vote and then sets a turn to attack. Then you can plot in a wait order before an attack order so it's not a big mess to coordinate.

If someone wins office but refuses to take an oath to support the Moon charter, the incumbent gets to hold onto the research station and shall be known as the Shadow Mayor of that city until they or someone that will sign onto the charter assumes office.
5/19/2017
Topic:

Hutton
Hutton
And because the math won't work out exactly when one station cedes it's research points to another, the city manager arbitrates whether you round up and down. Maybe the city manager also arbitrates how much over crowding will be tolerated for a given term.

I had a thought that we could also weight reasearch allotment by population, but that seems way too complicated. Even for me. And obviously I am a big fan of complicated.
5/19/2017
Topic:
Related to the Moon Charter - Reparations

Hutton
Hutton
I think George was suggesting that was his price for not building on the moon. Am I right, George?

That will be a moot point if we adopt the city ruler system because George is the Mayor of Bangkok.

That will
5/19/2017
Topic:

Hutton
Hutton
I was originally thinking that everything should be exchanged for $1 when offices change hands, but on second thought they should be the default price. You have to put a deposit on the property you are custodian of, and you lose your deposit if you screw around and get that stuff destroyed so the next guy has to build it from scratch.
5/19/2017
Topic:
Moon Charter - Use of Artifacts

Hutton
Hutton
The problem is that boosters and scorchers are the same artifact. And the nanite swarm is the same artifact for Terminators and Cyberassasins, so you can't really see what someone is building.

I'm not really worried about nanite swarms. There could be a convention against using them and a pledge to go to war with anyone who does. Or maybe say that they are used exclusively at the discretion of the Emperor.

Geotechnicals should only be built after petitioning for permission from the stake holders. That way permission is only granted to someone credible, like Bussiness Bussiness, for example. Anyone spotted researching a one without permission shall lose their deposit.
5/19/2017
Topic:
Research Points and Liquidation

Hutton
Hutton
Yes, I think that was just a dyslexic moment. But you also lose all of your structures, so you are starting over from scratch in that sense.