Orexis

all messages by user

1/2/2017
Topic:
Construction Questions

Orexis
Orexis
Hey guys been playing the game a few days now and loving it. Had a few construction related questions i wasnt sure about

Is there any way to speed up acp construction time? Id assumed upgrading my HQ would do this but i didnt see any affect.

Same question for ships from a shipyard?

Is there any way to have a second production line for acps? Or is my one hq at 60/70 per acp my only -very slow- option?
1/2/2017
Topic:
Construction Questions

Orexis
Orexis
Thanks for the responses smile Perhaps a "Construction Center" to produce eveything an hq does at varying speeds per level? Equivalent to hq at 5 and better after?
1/3/2017
Topic:
Construction Questions

Orexis
Orexis
Ah ok that makes sense then. Another thing i noticed was that building a shipyard acp takes 70 turns but building it normally takes 140 (?) I think turns. Is there ever any reason anyone wouldnt use an acp over hq? The 50k credit cost difference is negligible
1/9/2017
Topic:
Assets - Transporter - Notes: Buy order is missing

Orexis
Orexis
+1 To this, as I try to use notes to identify idle units. Or another icon that indicates no orders would be nice instead

Thanks
1/9/2017
Topic:
Descrepancy in Population Change In Overview

Orexis
Orexis
When looking at the overview for Saturn, it shows population dropping at ~3k every time I check, but the population has been rising steadily for some time. I'm wondering if the effects of Events such as fads isn't being taken into account when displaying this value, or if I'm viewing it incorrectly, or if it's just way off?

Thanks
1/9/2017
Topic:
Give us Event Ideas!

Orexis
Orexis
I'd like to see some political events. For instance if you're a ruler but you've been voting to ban/allow fads regularly that make people angry or abuse the populace (increasing demand while letting people die, then profiting off the sales), the populace could either riot or could possible lobby against you and reduce your voting power in the next election. Choices that would increase population happiness on the other hand might do the opposite or give a boon to production or a random permanent bonus to a unit or structure in the area (permanent -5% to cost of unit/structure for instance)
1/9/2017
Topic:
Give us Event Ideas!

Orexis
Orexis
I like that too 8) main idea i wsd goingv for is logical immersion rather than forced plots so any events based on long term trends is cool.
1/9/2017
Topic:
Descrepancy in Population Change In Overview

Orexis
Orexis
Gotcha so all my hard work to try to make saturn sustainable is a failure and the events are what actually help :p lol well i suppose one person can only do so much smile
1/9/2017
Topic:
Assets - Transporter - Notes: Buy order is missing

Orexis
Orexis
I also see empty notes for drop off/pick up orders. Any chance we can get those visible? Usually half my ship section shows idle despite almost all having orders. And man do i confuse myself with what ship is doing what. Is there a way to add a manual note to a ship that shows up in the notes column? I dont like renaming as other players can see my plans 8)
1/11/2017
Topic:
Ship Mothballing

Orexis
Orexis
Would be nice to be able to "Mothball" a ship, where it only costs 10% of its normal upkeep per turn. Must be done at a Shipyard or HQ and costs 10% of normal build cost and 10% of normal build time to reactivate to normal. Seems a better option than scrapping a ship you know is going to be useless for a while and having to rebuild it later and reupgrade. An alternate cost method could be that it loses an upgrade level every X turns (High shipyard level increases the number of turns per loss), and once it reaches 0 is auto-scrapped.
1/20/2017
Topic:
Downloadable application

Orexis
Orexis
Perhaps even have an iframe for only market data so you can stay on the same buy/sell/orders screen and navigate the market data at the same time.
1/20/2017
Topic:
Downloadable application

Orexis
Orexis
Doctor Dread wrote:
Orexis wrote:
Perhaps even have an iframe for only market data so you can stay on the same buy/sell/orders screen and navigate the market data at the same time.

You can open up multiple tabs or windows, looking at the viewscreen on one while messing with unit orders on another

Yep I do that already and end up with lots of tabs, which is why I was suggesting the iframe wink Just figure it'll help the game feel more up-to-date as well - Not sure if you've ever used jquery/ajax but I've seen similar implementations with them as well.
1/20/2017
Topic:
Buy options and custom pictures

Orexis
Orexis
Well that could be both good to work depending on the situation, like cancel buying at a particular point (but continue route) or only give warnings in comms, maybe some warning information if you decide to let them continue their route what might go wrong in this situation.

Also on the art style part I have some ideas that might be neat.
So 2 different options, one option to upload your own style which can only be viewed by you, and also make other players their art look like your art style, whatever maybe you put like art or pictures from Star Wars to customize your own art style ingame for all the assets.
Second option to select pictures for assets from a list made by professional art makers and maybe also amateurs, and those verified art makers can upload art for assets for players to select as their custom pictures, which 'can' be seen by other players in game.
And those art makers can sort of advertise their art in the game with their style, and there is a very small dot (very small) in the corner of the pictures you can click to see who the designer is.
That way you don't even have to pay art designers to put art style in your game, and still have maybe the most art style in your game, also Imo the art style in these kind of games are very important since everything is still screen without any movement or virtual worlds but most of all spreadsheets.
Either way you need to make sure those art designers are personally responsible for their art work they upload in case of they are breaking copyright laws in that case, because the next thing you know is someone is going to troll and uploads copyrighted pictures or art and gets you sued lol

Your last suggestion is what I was thinking. Something along the lines of Spaces Empires series games, where you select the ship "style", and there's a different model for each ship in that same theme/style. Someone else may choose a different style and all their ships looks similar but very different from yours
1/22/2017
Topic:
ACP Structure Buildings Bug (costing me a lot)

Orexis
Orexis
Somehow I have a whole bunch of ACP structure buildings at Saturn 3.They claim they're fortifications under subtext but their names are all "(ACP) Structure". I know I didn't make these, (and I definintely didn't have 20 ACP structure items laying around) so I honestly have no idea where they came from, but now my military logistics went from just under my max to 100 points over my max so all my military is double cost. Please take a look and remove these buildings. Again I have no idea what triggered them to pop up so unfortunately I can't advise how to reproduce the issue

Edit: Yes I know I can just salvage them all, but I figured you'd want to actually look at it before I remove them to help determine where they came from
edited by Orexis on 1/22/2017
2/2/2017
Topic:
AX Reward Ship with no stats

Orexis
Orexis
I received a warp carrier for an AX quest, but it has no movement or anything and says level 0. I tried upgrading it but it seems stuck. And i couldnt choose hangar upgrade as the first level like i wanted anyways since it shows as having no hangar
2/2/2017
Topic:
Asset screen / server Lag

Orexis
Orexis
Same issues here, 10-30 seconds for assets page and even order page can be 10 to 15 seconds. Giving a ship a conplex set of orders can take 2 to 3 entire turns
2/2/2017
Topic:
Asset screen / server Lag

Orexis
Orexis
time zone is CST (US Central), I'm on from 7AM till 11PM Big Grin. I'm usually accessing through my phone but In the beginning not even the phone was slow. Morning 7AM to 11AM is fastest while evening 7PM to 11PM is slowest
edited by Orexis on 2/2/2017
2/2/2017
Topic:

Orexis
Orexis
Thanks for fixing the ship smile Any chance I can get the upgrade it has moved over to hangar? I would have chosen that first but It didn't have the option since its hangar was missing in action 8)
2/2/2017
Topic:

Orexis
Orexis
Hrmmm, actually it looks like the upgrade mechanism is broken completely. I've tried upgrading it twice in the past few turns. It seemed like it worked and even took my money each time, but didn't actually start the upgrade process so now I have the option to start the upgrade again. If you look at it again, please note I've added a longdoor and a hypercube just in case it blows up accidentally smile
2/4/2017
Topic:

Orexis
Orexis
Just got a Warp Freighter, same problem upset