Orexis

all messages by user

2/22/2017
Topic:
Tweaking how Paid Accounts and Sol will work

Orexis
Orexis
I like all but 2 points:

1) I think even free accounts should be able to move outside sol, though I love the idea of free accounts not being able to vote in anything I agree it fixes a lot of problems with possible voter fraud and matters so much because of things like fads which drive entire categories of demand up or down

2) I think Earth needs to be drastically reduced in size - but that's probably because of the current fairly low player base. Perhaps Earth's safe cities can be dynamically created based upon number of active HQ's on Earth. At 5 HQ's, there's 1 city, 10 2 cities, etc or something close to that effect. Cities wouldn't be removed if HQ's left, but they would lose "protection" status so that they could possible lose population enough to despawn.
2/22/2017
Topic:
City Export Tax

Orexis
Orexis
Not that you would leave Earth being Star Lord of Sol and all, but if you ever do, feel free to relocate to Olaton on Odegard II wink Or any city in Odegard really we have very high resource deposits Big Grin
2/23/2017
Topic:
Inconsistent results from Pickup *Everything*

Orexis
Orexis
Ive been having some issues with setting my freighters to pick up all resources from locations that are actively producing or buying more than one resource. Sometimes they will make one pickup attempt per resource and move on as i want them to, while other times they will sit.and pickup the same resource every turn as its produced until the cargo bay is full. This is very tough to deal with as it greatly delays all transporting and is especially painful when two or more units with the same routes get stuck on the same city. I just had two warp freighters sitting in a city together waiting to fill up 500,000 units combined where i was buying at less that 1k units per turn :/. instead i just want them to make a single pass over each present resource and grab whats there then move on. Is this a bug or working as intended? Perhaps we could get a toggle to choose which method we want the ship to use?
2/24/2017
Topic:
Delete All Mail

Orexis
Orexis
and somewhat related - perhaps every geo booster shouldn't show up in events smile
2/26/2017
Topic:
UI Performance Improvements

Orexis
Orexis
Looks like the arrows on the viewscreen were removed that allowed you to move one square north/east/south/west. Was this intentional? I use those quite a bit actually. Especially on my phone/tablet where for some reason clicking a square never results in the page actually loading that square, so then I have to use the buttons to navigate there
2/26/2017
Topic:
Public Services

Orexis
Orexis
Currently there doesn't seem to be a significant lure for anyone to generate public services. Even at high demand values, there are plenty of other tier 3 products that you can find near 1000 demand for and being able to produce everything in one spot and transport it makes a big difference.

I propose that factories which build public services like roads/restaurants produce goods just like every other factory.with the following changes to still keep it slightly more realistic:

1) Construction material storage volume will be 10 compared to the normal 1
2) City trade volumes for construction materials will be 1/10th of normal
3) Sell value of construction materials will be 10x normal
4) Construction material Factories produce 1 base unit instead of 10
5) Storage volume for public services will be 100 compared to the normal 1
6) City trade volumes for public services will be 1/100th of normal
7) Sell value of public services will be 100x normal
8) public service Factories produce 1 base unit instead of 10

The logic here is profit, cost to produce, etc all stay the exact same, you just have construction materials being in single 10x the size units that sell for 10x the price and are produced at 1/10th the rate, and the same for public services which will take 10x the amount of construction materials and other resources but will be huge in size and value. This also means you need big transports to move them around which makes sense for trying to transport entire restaurants or parks. You could rename items like parks to "Park Construction Unit" or something.

Another alternative which would be much simpler to code would be simply allowing public services to generate size 1 products as normal and just renaming them to things like "Restaurant supply package" or "Road construction materials" to still have it make sense.

Overall I just think needing 3 different factories in every single city in order to provide it public resources is a huge turnoff, especially since product efficiency is at high factory levels, and this style causes you to have tons of low level factories instead of a few high levels.

Let me know what you guys think
edited by Orexis on 2/26/2017
edited by Orexis on 2/26/2017
2/27/2017
Topic:
UI Performance Improvements

Orexis
Orexis
Perhaps a single button that acts as a toggle to open up the arrow buttons? takes up less space initially but still allows those who'd like it the option?
2/27/2017
Topic:
HQ Production Change

Orexis
Orexis
I've noticed this with all production buildings. They'll say it takes X turns to change production, but it always takes only 1
2/27/2017
Topic:
Unit/Structure Downgrading

Orexis
Orexis
Overall great changes, you guys have been working hard to make the game more enjoyable for us all, just want to say thank you smile
2/27/2017
Topic:
Public Services

Orexis
Orexis
Right, it's possible if the galaxy was as populated as the game should be when it goes live, that supply/demand will fix that issue. At the moment it just doesn't make any sense to do public services if you're concern is making a profit compared to other end products
2/28/2017
Topic:
Hangar Units randomly ejected in space

Orexis
Orexis
I had a warp carrier with orders to move from one system to another. In mid transit, just randomly in space the carrier decided to dump all the units out and keep going. The only commands the carrier had were old orders to attack raiders and the current order to move to earth. The carrier, nor any of the units were in the progress of being upgraded/downgraded, so I have absolutely no idea why it decided to randomly eject them

Ship: OIS Valkyrie
Units:

ART27781
7 (25x) Sector 1 | 6:13 | 1:8 | 19:9 95% HP (In Space)

ART27821
7 (25x) Sector 1 | 6:13 | 1:8 | 19:9 95% HP (In Space)

OIS A New Hope
8 (50x) Sector 1 | 6:13 | 1:8 | 19:9 96% HP (In Space)

OIS EmpStrikBak

OIS ReturnOJedI

OIS Rogue One

OIS ForceAwaken

BOM28407
7 (25x) Sector 1 | 6:13 | 1:8 | 19:9 96% HP (In Space)

BOM28479

BOM28551

BOM28623

BOM28695
3/2/2017
Topic:

Orexis
Orexis
Warp carrier had like 800 hanger space (120 base plus hypercube and some upgrades) been flying that fleet around for a while no problems
3/2/2017
Topic:
Possible reason for crash

Orexis
Orexis
Id meant to tell my warp carrier and army to stop attacking as the carrier itsself was taking too much damage and was going to die at the same time as the mothership but i forgot to go in and stop it. I came back thinking id lost the carrier but it looks like the game stopped on the exact turn the ship would have died on (ship is 2% hp). As much as im glad it sisnt die, I wonder if the battle broke the game as both my carrier carrying units as well as the mothership would have died in that one battle.
3/2/2017
Topic:

Orexis
Orexis
Not sure how long after. Oddly the status went from a red X to a green check in the middle of a turn I think, before I had even changed the fleet's orders to no longer attack. So possibly wasn't my fleet and I just got very lucky. Very odd
3/2/2017
Topic:

Orexis
Orexis
Nope, I think your console is off somehow, because it still has a hypercube and is showing as it should be. You're looking at OIS Valkyrie right? I've got a couple Warp Carriers:

Return To Asset List

OIS Valkyrie
Warp Carrier
Level 10
$31,920 per turn

1077/36%
200%
2500/0

840/0
This unit is part of another group

Manage

Orders

Cargo

Hangar

Display Logs

More Info

Status This Military Unit is functioning normally
Upgrade
Unit is at maximum level

Rename
Choose a new name for this unit

Salvage
Remove this Military from the game for half its value. ($40,000,000)

3/2/2017
Topic:

Orexis
Orexis
It's been a fleet "Stanley Kubrick" the whole time btw, not sure if that may have to do with anything
3/3/2017
Topic:

Orexis
Orexis
ahhhh, gotcha, so most likely actually it was the 2 artillery that died the turn just before that which were also on that carrier. By your description, the code probably had a hard time readjusting the carrying capacity of the carrier and locked everything up. I'll try not to get myself killed again 8) I keep going "ok, I'll attack for X turns, then I get distracted and forget for like 2 or 3 turns past that upset. No idea why I don't use the feature that's build in that literally does exactly that for me.....
3/3/2017
Topic:

Orexis
Orexis
heh.. from my experience, that has got to be some expensive military upkeep... oh if I hadn't liquidated we could have had a heck of a space battle...

My military upkeep is fairly negligible actually 8)

TurnSoldBoughtProdMilitaryStorageConstructOtherBalanceCredits
30554+50,128,540-48,794-12,640,316-2,039,275-1,436,0490-1,181,996+32,782,1103,731,412,401
3/4/2017
Topic:
Guide / Combat Section

Orexis
Orexis
I mainly have issues on my mobile browsers (phones/tablets). It cuts off a large portion of the right side of the page and no matter what I do I can't see the entire section on damage done to buildings, zoom and all other options don't do anything to fix it unfortunately
3/13/2017
Topic:
Guide / Combat Section

Orexis
Orexis
Awesome thank you very much smile