Zango

all messages by user

11/12/2016
Topic:
Units loosing active order and keep moving

Zango
Zango
It happend svereval times now, that I had units with an active orders list suddenly loose
their active order (the list was kept, but none was marked as active), and in case of freighter and scout, they kept moving.

Result was, as soon as I noticed they were waaay off (one freighter was found in sector 11:11 even).
I had to salvage the freighter (lvl8 smile ) because I already waited days for him to return to sol ...

What can cause this behaviour ?
I made several upgrades during active order "missions", do these stop the order chain?
If so, one assumes, the unit stops for upgrading, not heading in the last direction open end, when
the update turn hits.

Maybe someone can bring insight on this behaviour.
11/12/2016
Topic:
Units loosing active order and keep moving

Zango
Zango
For the freighter I definitly had a route with a destination that was abandoned, in this case it was Nenzel on Gulayev V.
SInce this unit is the last I salvaged it must be easy to find in the logs.
11/22/2016
Topic:
Artifact deployment bug

Zango
Zango
My Transport (parked at HQ) had the order to deploy an artifact on site without
prior loading. Now I got the error in the log, that he cant deploy because of missing such an item in cargo.
(item was at location already).

This all looks good, only now I miss my artifact, it's neither in the transport nor to be found at the location anymore,
it simply vanished without effect.

Shouldn't the item be still at its place?
11/23/2016
Topic:
Artifact deployment bug

Zango
Zango
I wanted to thank my neighbor with my own little A5 Cybertronics AI Supervirus smile
1/3/2017
Topic:
What does upgrade do?

Zango
Zango
Regarding the building of higher level units, It seems that military bases can indeed build units up to the level of the base, but shipyards seem stuck on lvl 1 units with one update. Is this due to the said different update mechanic ? It would be nice to have the ability to stack the different update path decisions and let the shipyard produce higher level units as well.. maybe this is an option for the future ? wink
1/3/2017
Topic:
What does upgrade do?

Zango
Zango
I like the idea of declaring as many upgrades as one is allowed and calculating stuff around this.
My rough idea of a builing process would be:

- upgrades cost build time and money (constant factor x maybe)
- upgrades are optional

1. I select the desired unit lvl
2. An area with all 8 possible upgrades appears (the ones making no sense grayed out)
Each entry has either a slider or manual input for the level I want this upgrade to have
( Default would be no upgrade -> 00 )
4. While i enter the data, I get a preview of buildtime, build cost and cost per turn

I assume this system in general would lend itself to the possibility of having ship templates,
which in itself sounds like a really cool idea. They way I can see this beeing implemented is
via a simple template string, kind of like it is used in other mmo build generators.

Each possible upgrade (8) has a fixed position in a configuration string: -> 001122334455667788
The string is then prefixedwith a unit type: -> UU001122334455667788
Each lvl of upgrade is simply represented by the lvl number , 00 beeing no upgrade

This string could then even be pasted in the shipyard interface, so people could
exchange build ideas, a great community building feature.

The player can save his builds with a name, like a bookmark for later reference.

I can also think of extending this schema with the artifacts (need to be at the shipyard),
so one can build the hauler of doom with a single order ! smile
1/4/2017
Topic:
What does upgrade do?

Zango
Zango
Looks nice, pretty compact notation..

A named bookmarking feature would surely be nice, but could come at a later date maybe, since huge fleets are not sustainable anyway.
1/9/2017
Topic:
Icon missing in logistic view

Zango
Zango
Hello,

I recently received a "Modified Varitek" , which is missing a representative Icon in the Assets Overview (shows dummy graphics instead)
1/10/2017
Topic:
Assets - Transporter - Notes: Buy order is missing

Zango
Zango
+1 to the idea of having more room to note ships purposes
1/10/2017
Topic:
City name changing

Zango
Zango
What about the idea to have the possibility to (mabye vote) for changing a city name,
initiated by either city ruler or better planetary emperor.

At the moment there are some quite big cities with millions of people,
who have to send home postcards with insertboringcityname_12 .

Think about the letdown the ones left behind must feel:
.. "well.. I thought you were working someplace more special, with flair, you know ? " wink

So maybe we can have a radom name generator (there are some cool ones out there) or a big list to pick from (like the backer one)
1/11/2017
Topic:
Where did you hear about Barons of the Galaxy?

Zango
Zango
I can't remember exactly but it was mentioned in a forum post, maybe even Astro Empires internal guild board mention.

SInce I have a knack for tactical browsergames (especially scifi ones) I had to give this a try.
And wow, you really made a gem of a game here, grats!

Most browsergames make their lives easy by channeling you into pretty simple leveling up mechanics, which often is initially
hidden behind fancy gfx (I'm looking at you Astro Empires). At the end there is a handful of "builds" you have to follow if you don't wan't
to get stomped.. which makes the game pointless and boring at end, since "freedom" is a mere cosmetic.

I really like the mechanics you designed for the different game aspects, keep up the good work! smile

Only other games that have that "free" feel to me are Illyriad and the no longer around Zandagort:
http://zandagort.com/
http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2012/03/a-complex-browser-game-without-micro-transactions-zandagort-first-impressions/
edited by Zangorian on 1/11/2017
1/20/2017
Topic:
Downloadable application

Zango
Zango
I'm already using several tabs when doing stuff, especially viewscreen and assets need to be open in parallel. I noticed, that session timeouts are a problem then, can we mabye somehowincrease the duration before such an timeout occurs? I need to to use tab reloader plugins to not be kicked time and again, which becomes quite annoying over the course of a day, having to login every 30 min maybe..
1/21/2017
Topic:
Downgrade assets and upgrade queues

Zango
Zango
+1 .some really good ideas there!
2/1/2017
Topic:
Asset screen / server Lag

Zango
Zango
Since my corp has grown to lvl 10 and maxed out (inustry even 29% oc)
I have severe lag in the assets screen.

This has become an issue, since It feels like I cant complete the orders I want /need
for the turn, because the page load takes ages, sometimes not registering my clicks
correctly and switching back to default view.

Here are some measures, taken at this time (Timezone is UTC+1)

Corporate screen to assets (fully loaded): 16 seconds
fleet group from assets: 21 seconds
single building from assets: 11 seconds
corporate to viewscreen: 2 seconds (this I would assume as normal timing)

I know that fine-tuning has yet to be done, but do others with much industry/fleet experience
comparable lag ?

(No bandwith issues, since I'm on cable inet 100MBps+)
4/8/2017
Topic:
Distribution Centers

Zango
Zango
lvl do something, which only comes into play when the market gets more cramped: levels increase you selling/buying "power", your slice of sold/bought goods will be bigger when competing with others on a sale..
5/23/2017
Topic:
The Moon Charter

Zango
Zango
As Mayor of Rio De Janeiro I also ratify this charter, so we may advance our civilization peacefully.
6/16/2017
Topic:
Ship Unit Icons swapped in Viewscreen

Zango
Zango
I just noticed, that carrier and cruiser icons are swapped in the viewescreen page.