Wreith42

all messages by user

7/12/2018
Topic:
Upgrade Value Exclusion

Wreith42
Wreith42
Credits are included in the NetWorth amount. Spending them lowers that amount and the building doesn't make up the difference until the upgrade is complete.
That all makes perfect sense.
7/17/2018
Topic:
Where do we go now?

Wreith42
Wreith42
I completely agree about the need for smoother transactions between corporations. I would honestly settle for Distribution Centers being able to transfer products for contracts at their location so I don't have to involve a ship. Another thing that would be nice is some kind of shared guild warehouse or some Trade mechanic instead of requiring two contracts to trade even quantity resources.

Exploration advancements are being actively worked on. Not so much in the revealing new sectors area but in making use of empty space for new event types. I'm very excited to see this go into effect.
I'm not really woried about revealing new area as, since I've been a player, there's been vastly more space than the current playerbase requires.

I've never liked online PvP ever in any form... but I realize that I'm in the minority on that issue, so I guess I agree that something needs to be done to make raiding a viable play strategy. I personally would recommend a "cloaking" artifact upgrade. I don't think the units should be unlocatable, but maybe if all units involved in an attack have this item, then the attack report doesn't give the attacker's corporation name. Then, obviously there would be something to counter it defensively. I have suggested a deployable sensor array before. It would send a message to the owner when any ships entered its scanning range.
All that said, I don't really think I can support anything to increase PvP until there is some way to adequately defend your infrastructure. There simply aren't enough logistics points to defend anything. Even raiders higher than lvl 5 can destroy any defenses I've been able to afford to build.
A capture mechanic has been discussed, but I don't like anything about it in the way it has been described. If people start commandeering my facilities and equipment and there's nothing I can do about it then I won't keep playing this game.

Finally, all negative artifact uses like the solar reducer and nanite swarm and such should not generate a comms message. That's just silly.
Or...ORRRRR, it should generate some kind of puzzle event (like artifacts but harder) to figure out who the perpetrator was. Simply giving out that information makes those artifacts useless to anyone who isn't actively looking to be destroyed
7/17/2018
Topic:
Where do we go now?

Wreith42
Wreith42
Apparently people don't do that. I have 13 sell contracts up and no one cares lol

Trading like I'm interested in wouldn't involve money.
I set an amount of resources, other person sets an amount of resources and if both agree they just swap owners where they are.
7/18/2018
Topic:
Capital Cities

Wreith42
Wreith42
I think it would be cool if one city on each planet was declared the capital.
Maybe it gets boosts to demand and volume, but costs more to have industry there.
So it would be a valuable place to do business, but you wouldn't necessarily want to establish our company there.

Not sure how it would be determined. Maybe it's the first city to spawn (if it de-spawns, maybe the most populous replaces it?) or maybe the Emperor (if present) chooses it, or maybe it's a vote of planet citizens.

just an idea that crossed my mind.
8/17/2018
Topic:
What should we work on next?

Wreith42
Wreith42
I can't believe people want he guild bank more than the order logic.
If y'all just agree and do it, you can do the shared funds thing yourselves.

To answer Dread's last comment, the only report I can think of that I would like to have would be a much longer accounting report. After three turns or so things aren't visible any more, so if something unexpected happened since I was on last, I may not have a way to figure out what it was.
8/21/2018
Topic:
How Guild Bank should work

Wreith42
Wreith42
I would recommend a Guild Vote to change the tax rate.
Also, I would make the flagging of units like a contract, where the guild leader tries to flag a unit and the unit's owner has to accept. Just to avoid abuse
8/30/2018
Topic:
How a Capture mechanic should work

Wreith42
Wreith42
I have precisely 0 desire for this mechanic to be implemented at all. I'd much rather have a focus on the political aspects of the game.

That said:
1. I don't know why you would exclude Battle suits from the military power calculation
2. If you want to allow capturing of factories, give them a self-destruct equivalent of the retreat command for ships. If The capture bar reaches a certain percentage, the facility is salvaged rather than captured.
That would leave the possibility of capture depending on how fast it's happening just like retreat leaves the possibility of things being destroyed if there is enough attack power to surpass the percentage chosen.
9/5/2018
Topic:
How a Capture mechanic should work

Wreith42
Wreith42
I would want fixed defenses improved if you put Items at risk.
They're currently useless at any affordable level against any half-way-decent fleet
9/6/2018
Topic:
Moon Charter III Discussion Thread

Wreith42
Wreith42
Just my two cents:

- Moon Manager should be someone HQed in Sol and should possibly own the Warp Gate as compensation for the post.
- I would consider making the lvl limit one of the upgrades with a bigger jump in production, say lvl 4 or lvl 7
- I see no reason to limit military presence other than to limit it to those who have a research facility on site.
- "Dangerous" artifacts also have legitimate uses. The only possible exception being A5 cybertronic (useless fighter). I would say anyone USING such an artifact in Sol could possibly have their moon facility rights revoked.

- I would definitely say once you have a lvl 5 or higher research center elsewhere, you should vacate the moon. A facility selling mechanic would make this easier.
- exception should explicitly include Emperors and Star Lord of Sol
- I don't think the industry percentage is enforceable
edited by Wreith42 on 9/6/2018
9/6/2018
Topic:
Leaving Earth..?

Wreith42
Wreith42
To counter that, it's easiest to learn if you have a city you can essentially control and play with.
Moving out of Sol would probably give you that.
And most guilds out there can support you during the learning curve and don't mind doing so.
9/10/2018
Topic:
Combat Events

Wreith42
Wreith42
I don't have a problem with not getting a part of the bounty unless you attack the base. That makes sense to me.
I shouldn't get paid to defend my own stuff.

I do think it would be nice if the number of turns groups are involved in combat would be taken into the calculation.
9/10/2018
Topic:
Bug/Inconsistency with Unit Repairs

Wreith42
Wreith42
Repair cost is per turn regardless of the level of the repair.

It does look like more than the two lvl 10 bases is being taken into account. Also possibly the artifact has an effect.

This is like the distribution center specific quantity thing though.
I don't know why you're complaining Stick Out Tongue
9/10/2018
Topic:
What is the best & comfortable business model?

Wreith42
Wreith42
The thing requiring the least management, in my opinion, would be to negotiate contracts to sell raw materials and/or components to other corporations, but that's hard to do because, currently, most people get to where they want to provide everything for themselves despite the logistic penalty.

Second to that would be to pick two or three components and sell them and the overstock raw materials to every city in a system. Have 6-8 freighters each looping through 5-6 cities.
You can go a very long time with that strategy before you have to change something.
9/10/2018
Topic:
Orders Lost

Wreith42
Wreith42
I apparently had a warp freighter lose its orders part of the way through a loop.
I picked up cargo went through a warp gate to deliver it. Delivered correctly. But when it got to the warp gate to go back, the orders disappeared.
It was supposed to do the whole thing again with a different product.

I know the orders were set correctly because I checked on the ship two turns after I set the orders, which became my practice due to issues of orders not saving at all that were happening quite a while ago.
9/17/2018
Topic:
Goods Exchange Contracts/System

Wreith42
Wreith42
you don't have to use credits for trades now.
setting the price to 0 works fine.

If you're talking about a separate contract system where the contract creator selects both a commodity to get rid of and a commodity to receive in exchange, I doubt that will happen any time soon.
The in-place selling Dr. Dread is talking about will essentially just get rid of the shipping requirement that all contracts have now.
10/16/2018
Topic:
Show Production Rate(%) on Assets Page

Wreith42
Wreith42
I can't think of a reason that would be helpful. The quantity produced is what's important.
10/21/2019
Topic:
How to Handle raiding of Items

Wreith42
Wreith42
Adequate defense was impossible in the old world where we all had the money to burn.
If there was some alert system that would let us know BEFORE we're attacked that something was coming, I might be okay with this, but as it stands, I'm very opposed.
11/12/2019
Topic:
Military Cost Rebalancing

Wreith42
Wreith42
Just to clarify, Fighters, Bombers, and Variteks no longer participate in space battles?
Do they still contribute to Mining orders?