Wreith42

all messages by user

4/11/2018
Topic:
"Wings" of ships

Wreith42
Wreith42
Is the size normal and the logistics benefit the result of the "wing" classification or is the size actually lower.
Just wondering if the lower logistics cost means that they will also take a lower percentage of damage in combat vs their single counterparts. Trying to understand all the benefits.
4/17/2018
Topic:
Not grasping some concepts

Wreith42
Wreith42
You can only buy 1 product per turn from each unit/facility.
The normal means of using the buy order would be to set a transport (or other vessel) to buy the components you need from a city and return them to where you're main production takes place This requires you to buy high enough quantity that you have enough to keep producing while your ship travels to buy more.

You can also create an ACP and deploy it in a location with the raw material you need, thus producing it yourself. Same thing, though. Still have to have a craft go pick it up and bring it to the main production location.
You can also create contracts in the contracts page and have people deliver them to you if they accept the contract.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need.
4/17/2018
Topic:
How does one actually apply to join a Guild?

Wreith42
Wreith42
You should just be able to search for their name in the Send To box.
If you were trying to select multiple recipients on a single message, you can't. Just one per PM
If you got that error searching for a single recipient, then you probably didn't enter enough of the corp name before hitting search.

If neither of those are the case, it might be a bug. Post who you were trying to contact and some of us can try to confirm.
4/17/2018
Topic:
How does one actually apply to join a Guild?

Wreith42
Wreith42
The problem is you're searching by player name.
That's not really used for anything in-game.
Search by the corporation name
4/17/2018
Topic:
Contracts Small Update

Wreith42
Wreith42
It would be fantastic if "Recurring" could appear in the contract title when it applies. I keep accepting repeating contracts without realizing it.
4/19/2018
Topic:
Contracts Small Update

Wreith42
Wreith42
It wouldn't bother me so much if it didn't displace text that is usually meaning less (successful/failed deliveries). If it appeared somewhere else, it would catch my eye.
I realize reading the contract would resolve this, but all the other relevant information is automatically included in the title. It's just this one thing.
4/21/2018
Topic:
Upgrading and construction turn speed

Wreith42
Wreith42
units build faster and you can select starting level the higher the producing shipyard or base is.
as for buildings, not currently, no
4/21/2018
Topic:
Bug Report concerning battle orders

Wreith42
Wreith42
The freighters appear to have been destroyed because they attacked with no supporting units. Without knowing your orders, there's no way for us to know what went wrong.

Raids have additional cancel conditions compared to attacks.
A raid will stop if your ships cargo is full or if there are no more products to steal.
It looks like you raided with a group that had no cargo capacity, so it read as 'full' and stopped the raid.
4/26/2018
Topic:
Hypernet Tower

Wreith42
Wreith42
It lowers the production cost of all industry (not just the owner's) in that city by 1% per level.
I'm really not sure if it shows up in the listed bonuses. I think there was some debate about that in another thread.
5/23/2018
Topic:
Assets Reorganization

Wreith42
Wreith42
I kind of like the products being grouped by category (I wish the categories were alphabetically sorted, but that's a small gripe)

The bug I'm seeing though is that Military Cyborgs and Exotic Minerals appear at the bottom of my list, entirely separate from the rest of their group. (image attached)
6/7/2018
Topic:
Cruise missiles

Wreith42
Wreith42
I really don't think this idea fits the game in its current state.

That said, I'd like to add some suggestions to the idea.
When a missile arrives at a location it would trigger an attack with no offensive capability so that defenses can activate first. Would need some way to trigger after that. Maybe if it starts a turn without orders in a location not containing a military base of it's owner's corporation, it detonates

Also, if the idea of customizing units with product ever gets added, this might be a good unit to start with.
Change what units the missile is effective against or how it behaves based on what products have been added.
Say, advanced electronics allows you to pick a specific target structure rather than all enemy corp units at a location
Experimental electric could do the same, but allow specific unit targeting.
Explosives increase damage
Rad Metal increase damage.maybe kill more population.
not sure
6/8/2018
Topic:
Research Mechanic Utilization

Wreith42
Wreith42
I like the research points and it's a noticeable help early on, but it seems a shame that there's not more to do with it.

As a suggestion, would it be possible to increase the point amount, but add subcategories to the research types.
Like for the Chemicals category (or a particular chemical) you could further allocate the research points it particular areas of research like

"Extraction Processes" - lowers production costs
"Usage Efficiency" - lowers the quantity of that product required for higher tier products that use it.
"Containment Improvements" - lowers storage cost

I feel like this would add more weight to the Research mechanic.
It would also fit well with the idea of corporate espionage mechanics discussed other places. Like if you could get a spy in someone's HQ for X number of turns, you could get an extra research point in an area they had researched or something.
6/20/2018
Topic:
Quick Reference for recipes?

Wreith42
Wreith42
It is also available from your HQ under the More Info tab
6/20/2018
Topic:
Ship with Hanger upgrade that cannot be downgraded

Wreith42
Wreith42
My only theory is that it started with that upgrade when it was created from the artifact. It is very strange.
7/5/2018
Topic:
Zero Quantities

Wreith42
Wreith42
Would it be possible to make the Product view on the Assets page always show ALL products even if the quantity is 0?
Right now there's no good way to see if you've run out of something.
7/5/2018
Topic:
Zero Quantities

Wreith42
Wreith42
meh, that's harder than looking at the overview. The page is too busy and they're sorted by the required amount which changes when production changes.

I was hoping missing items could be listed, so I could just sort the products page by quantity.
7/5/2018
Topic:
Tutorial Bug

Wreith42
Wreith42
This is apparently still an issue given Raven Inc.'s comm post.

"Confused on tutorial

Raven Inc
07/05/18 02:40 PM
So I am going through the tutorial and it says to put a metal mine on 12:10 since it has radioactive metals.

But the order example tells me to produce exotic metals. That cannot be correct, right?"
7/9/2018
Topic:
Split productions

Wreith42
Wreith42
This has been suggested before.
I think most of us would rather have programmable orders for buildings like we have for units so it would automatically change production and selling base on a schedule.
7/9/2018
Topic:
Start ships with no upgrades

Wreith42
Wreith42
I'm not sure I'm understanding your issue.
As soon as you upgrade a vehicle to lvl 2, you get the option to 'downgrade' any of the existing upgraded stats
Errors in upgrade selection are 100% correctable.
7/9/2018
Topic:
Start ships with no upgrades

Wreith42
Wreith42
If you upgrade to lvl 2 with the upgrade you want, you can then downgrade the power and be left with a lvl 1 ship with the upgrade you wanted.