Vulpex

all messages by user

9/25/2016
Topic:
Cost of upgrading transports

Vulpex
Vulpex
Ok I noticed a little quirk which looks like something unintended (hence, a bug)

Upgrading a lvl 3 transport - cost 60,000
Upgrading a lvl 4 transport - cost 40,000

Quirk? Bug? Intended surprise? Who knows!
9/25/2016
Topic:
Cost of upgrading transports

Vulpex
Vulpex
Aha! So there is a reason to the quirk! Thanks for pointing it out Dr. D.
9/25/2016
Topic:
Downgrade Structure or reduced capacity

Vulpex
Vulpex
This sounds familiar - yes pretty please wink Would love this. Far too easy to overbuild, or to have requirements be a bit different once neighbours come to settle in.
9/25/2016
Topic:
mercury_7 infinite demand on supercar

Vulpex
Vulpex
Sneaky ... thanks to Redcircle for reporting this. It can be quite unbalancing if left unchecked.... question Dr. D would this have worked in the reverse? I am sure I left by mistake a facility trying to sell stacks of goods per turn that were no longer available and it would explain rock bottom prices on some things. It's interesting to see how cities are cycling around going up and down in the population cycle.
9/25/2016
Topic:
Combat simulator

Vulpex
Vulpex
Thanks! Will try it out soon ... gotta optimize those orders of battle!
9/26/2016
Topic:
Vote for what to develop next 9/8/2016

Vulpex
Vulpex
Yay! Which reminds me I was wondering about orders but maybe that's a different thread...
9/26/2016
Topic:
How do you all use orders?

Vulpex
Vulpex
Ok so here is a question for you all - how do you actually use orders?

I'll give you a few examples:

1) My transports / freighters which sell stuff - they get orders to pickup stuff at my production center then go to city A to sell, come back, pickup, go to city B etc... cycling through 5-6 different cities each which makes it about 21-25 orders per unit, assuming things are simple (more and more, they are not)

2) Scouts - my favorite little units. They also have the longest order list. Basically they have a holding command list (which puts them in a holding pattern, whatever that might be) and then different "mission" sets orders e.g. picking up some artifact or deploying an ACP or even trading if that's what I feel like. Every mission loops back to the holding command list and then whenever I need them to do something I simply activate the relevant order and voila!

Pure combat units though - they seem to just sit around until I need them to actually do something. Kinda boring :p

How do you guys use orders? How long are your orders lists?

Just curious wink I am sure there are a lot more things which I've not yet thought of that can be done with the loop orders!
9/27/2016
Topic:
Minimum Stockpile limiter on transfer cargo order

Vulpex
Vulpex
There is another option to implement this actually.

Rather than manage stacks with limits which is admittedly complicated - give storage space to tier 1 and 2 facilities (not to extraction facilitiies) the amount of storage space would scale up with the facility so that it could store say 10 or 20 turns of material needed for production.

You can then simply decide if the facility stores or does not store goods (single flag) if it does store goods it picks them up BEFORE any freighters or sale takes place during that turn.

Voila - and as a bonus you could make it so that materials stored in the facilities are protected (or partially protected based on facility damage) from raids.
9/27/2016
Topic:
Minimum Stockpile limiter on transfer cargo order

Vulpex
Vulpex
Hold on Dr. D - if storing product as a separate record in the same location is complicated in the back end - how is it handled when freighters or transports pick up goods? They sit there for as long as I don't ask them to move, quite happily I would add.
9/28/2016
Topic:
Reset of demand?

Vulpex
Vulpex
Looking at western there has been a significant reset in the demand of products there - where many products were over 400% in demand just 12 hours ago, now all of the demand has fallen to about 120 each or less, while no products were sold at all.

Is this normal? It will help population bounce back (because of some votes and just supply issues the population of Western has fallen from over 5 million to less than 2 million) But I would be interested in understanding what has happened because it really impacts procurement and sales strategies when this happens.
9/28/2016
Topic:
Reset of demand?

Vulpex
Vulpex
Actually yes :p

Now don't get me wrong - I wanted to get the demand to drop but it just... skews the economy considerably for demand to fluctuate wildly like this with no apparent reason.
edited by Vulpex on 9/28/2016
9/28/2016
Topic:
Reset of demand?

Vulpex
Vulpex
Yeah it does feel as if there was some kind of "sneak event" or is there some way that dropping under the 2 million population threshold would affect prices across the board in this way?
9/29/2016
Topic:
Reset of demand?

Vulpex
Vulpex
Huh.... ok now demand is back to where it was... very high across the board. I wonder if what I have seen is some kind of display issue but it a bit bizarre.
9/29/2016
Topic:
Reset of demand?

Vulpex
Vulpex
Ahem... ChaCha you are posting in the wrong thread :p
9/30/2016
Topic:
Can't sell that 1 unit of Basic Clothing

Vulpex
Vulpex
I noticed this before - it's actually a display bug. If you give the order to sell, it will actually sell the products though.
10/1/2016
Topic:
Turns error?

Vulpex
Vulpex
Hmm... is the game stuck again? My freighters are certainly not moving "stuck in space" it would seem.
10/2/2016
Topic:
Load/Save Military Order and Product Salvage

Vulpex
Vulpex
.... good thing I logged in now I guess storage costs have gone up from 20k per turn to about 2 million per turn.

BTW I would like to point out that this is a massive tax on inter stellar trade as well - i.e. if I am transporting goods back to Sol, it takes say 100 turns to get there, the storage cost alone basically destroys the value of the trip (or are goods carried around in ships exempt from storage fees?
10/3/2016
Topic:
About the voting system for/against fads.

Vulpex
Vulpex
Heyo there I was wondering what you all thought of the current voting system for fads.

I like that there are events which you can work with to influence the development of cities and markets (great stuff!).

The way that your current industrial activity is how strong your votes are is also working very well I think.

But I do have a couple of concerns:

First - the time to vote. You have 100 turns to cast your vote, which in practice is a little shy of 17 hours. That means you would need to log in every 12 hours to be able to not miss votes. While I am sure we would all LOVE to be able to log in so frequently, at times alas it is not to be and that leads to some problems - missing a vote or two can be devastating for the local economy (I've seen cities lose up to 2/3rds of their population because of this) so maybe we could have a somewhat longer period for the vote? Say 200 turns? It would not really have any practical effect on the impact but would be fairer and not leave you with that nasty feeling of thinking you should have tried to log in first thing in the morning.

Second - The wording. Oh the wording. Really this is confusing - sometimes allowing a fad increases the demand, sometimes it reduces it, the lack of consistency turns into a reading comprehension effort where it is relatively easy to be caught out. Full disclosure only got caught out once so far (had four votes lined up that day) but still it seems needlessly complex, and particularly rough on non-native speakers of English. Maybe have something more consistent or a summary of the effect on the actual lines of voting? But consistency would be best here.

Was wondering what you all thought about this - also would love to know if anyone had ideas for other kinds of events!
10/4/2016
Topic:
Cargo overload

Vulpex
Vulpex
Oy I don't have any overloaded freighters - you must have not checked the artifact modifications on my pretty fleet of leet freighters - how else am I going to survive out here on the edge of the universe :p

Perhaps more relevant - all my freighters (and transports) are filled with a simple load all command - no other hiccups involved. KISS principle at work. (well actually I add complexity in other places so....)
edited by Vulpex on 10/4/2016
10/7/2016
Topic:
Consumption of Resources excluding Sol System

Vulpex
Vulpex
I would like to point out that the decline of some of the cities that you quote is due to some of the battles which were fought there - which resulted in catastrophic population loss. However, the overall cycle is correct - cities seem to grow up to 5 million and then rapidly collapse in population.