Vulpex
It was the actual Item which is listed under assets as (ACP) Structure

It wasn't an actual facility.
9/4/2016
Topic:
2nd Level Industries

Vulpex
Vulpex
Actually it takes a bit of practice but when I look at my assets I can immediately see if production is going to be a problem... (er... what do you mean I only have 23 precious metals left !!!)

But you are right, it is something that could be made more visible - I recall there was talk of a warning icon or some such when there was an issue with a manufacturing facility.

And I am completely with you - it is very very hard to estimate ship movements - especially between systems. I have a fleet of 12 freighters running around and I'm still not sure if they are profitable or not.
9/4/2016
Topic:
Transports

Vulpex
Vulpex
Only ships with a hangar can move other units around.

The following units have a hangar:

Frigate
Carrier
Cruiser
Battleship
Dreadnought
Monolith

So - to answer the first part of the question - no a corvette cannot move a transport.

Regarding how much space the transport take - it takes up as much hangar space as the size of the unit.

The size of a transport depends on its level - a lvl 1 transport is size 1 whereas a lvl 4 transport is size 8 (it's not linear, and neither is their carrying capacity).

You can tell the size of any unit by opening it - the number next to the nine squares is the size of the unit.
9/4/2016
Topic:
2nd Level Industries

Vulpex
Vulpex
ok you've convinced me going to setup an artifact thingie...
9/8/2016
Topic:
Two Planet Start

Vulpex
Vulpex
Heyo everyone

I was just thinking about the way this beta started - because of a glitch we had basically a Sol+2 planets start which was not quite as intended...

However I happen to really like this happy accident as it does give an opportunity to open up the galaxy somewhat faster which I think is a good thing!

What does everyone else think?
9/8/2016
Topic:
Vote for what to develop next 9/8/2016

Vulpex
Vulpex
Quick question - Would the distribution center be an industry or military logistics structure or something else?
9/9/2016
Topic:
Two Planet Start

Vulpex
Vulpex
That would leave some planets completely without cities. I see that the new systems should have at least the potential to develop to the level of Sol - there are 40 cities just on Earth.

I can see Dread's point of view that systems are opening up too fast - it's true that both Odegard and Gulyaev are still very sparsely populated - mea culpa in part I have been deliberately creating cities because its the fastest way to develop a planetary economy.

Lets see how things grow from here smile
9/9/2016
Topic:

Vulpex
Vulpex
Lets see...

Expensive Jewelry
Personal Droids
Cyber ware
Basic woods
Basic chemicals
Industrial chemicals
Wheat
Coffee
Basic metals
Precious metals
Radioactive metals
Rare Minerals
Exotic chemicals
Exotic metals....

Ok that's 14 but I do sometimes sell intermediate products. Now all I need is a HUGE city in Gulyaev ;p
9/9/2016
Topic:

Vulpex
Vulpex
Research points are assigned to metals / chemicals / Gadgets etc... actually in the middle of redistributing them but ahem... yes. All over the place.
9/10/2016
Topic:

Vulpex
Vulpex
Honestly it might simply be easier if structures got a second buy/sell slot at a certain point - i.e. once you get a lvl 6 structure you get a second buy/sell slot (maybe this should be limited to second and third tier structures?) I understand that there needs to be a practical limitation in terms of logistics points on these distribution systems but I cannot think of any instance where such a limitation would make it worthwhile over buidling another production facility.

I have to say I don't really have problems selling stuff - my main problem is getting stuff to a market to actually sell, that's the challenge!
9/10/2016
Topic:
Cost of structures which are not under production

Vulpex
Vulpex
Ok - not a bug as in the code is doing what it is supposed to - but it is a bug in so far as it is an odd behaviour.

If I have a structure which is not producing anything because I do not have materials for it - my cost is 0
If however I take the same structure and set it to actually halt production - I pay 10% of base production costs...

Should it not be 0 in both cases?
9/11/2016
Topic:
Strange behaviour in Emperor elections

Vulpex
Vulpex
Looks like when re-electing an Emperor a strange thing happens... - The existing emperor applies for all cities at once!

Stage: 2 - Vote On Planet Emperor - Gulyaev V - Ends: 6219
You may cast your vote on who to elect to become the ruler of this Planet. The corporations eligible to be elected are the city rulers on this planet. Your voting power is determined by your current industry on this planet.
VoteCorporation NameTotalVote
Fire Opal Tea House - Bobone0

0%
Evangelical Express - Ayden0

0%
Machina Morituri - Western0

0%
Machina Morituri - Ayden0

0%
Machina Morituri - Western0

0%
Machina Morituri - Bobone0

0%
Machina Morituri - Agrivar0

0%
Machina Morituri - Carnac0

0%
Machina Morituri - Nenzel0

0%
Machina Morituri - Balfour0

0%
Machina Morituri - Shortt0

0%
Machina Morituri - Rolling0

0%
Machina Morituri - Malse0

0%
Display/Hide Voter List

edited by Vulpex on 9/11/2016
9/11/2016
Topic:
About combat...

Vulpex
Vulpex
I noticed that the bottom left quadrant of the combat matrix is empty...

This is odd, I am assuming that stationary units were not meant to fight stationary units, however what about this situation:

Joe and I are best buddies. We work together and decide to each put up a missile turret to defend a key location we are both using.

However, we fall apart and start to fight... does this mean that those missile turrets, even if they are in the exact same location, cannot fight each other?

(For the record - my missile tower is ALWAYS bigger, better, shinier and with more pointy missiles, so don't anyone get odd ideas here...)
9/12/2016
Topic:
[UI/reporting/QoL] Cities, accounting, vehicles

Vulpex
Vulpex
I think for some of these things we (as a community) may need to start working on a wiki - I was very much aware that 500 is the limit needed to create a new city for instance...
9/12/2016
Topic:
Founder List and Frames

Vulpex
Vulpex
Enjoy you vacation with the family don't worry we won't break anything .......
9/13/2016
Topic:
Reducing Crops and Pastures to 5 Products each

Vulpex
Vulpex
Sounds good to me too. 10 products is a bit too much.
9/19/2016
Topic:
Artifacts completing too fast

Vulpex
Vulpex
Wow thanks for pointing this out - the exploits would have been very painful
9/19/2016
Topic:
Selling mechanics

Vulpex
Vulpex
Question comes to mind - is the demand volume of a city per player or per city? E.g if two players are trying to sell corn to a city with 200 demand for corn can they each sell 200 that turn?
9/23/2016
Topic:
Structure take no damage / attacks repelled?

Vulpex
Vulpex
I think we all have to attack Dread now just to test this out thoroughly.
9/23/2016
Topic:
Buying

Vulpex
Vulpex
Ok one important question - Where did you have the buy order?

Bear in mind that it is most likely that the buy order took several turns to complete which means that after each purchasing turn the price of what you buy goes up. This can be quite treacherous if you are not ready for it - buying from cities can be expensive.

If someone else is also buying at the same time the effect would be even more pronounced.

Having said that I would really enjoy having a simple way of actually knowing what I paid for some of the buy orders I put out too...
1234 ..20