Shooer

all messages by user

7/17/2016
Topic:
The Alpha Test v3 reporting thread

Shooer
Shooer
The turn seems to be stuck on turn 5563. It seems that it's been stuck on that turn for some time now.
7/31/2016
Topic:
Playing the Beta, initial thoughts.

Shooer
Shooer
A possible thing to think about adding would be a Do Once check box for orders.

This would remove and order from the order list after doing it.

Specifically so you could add a one time set of actions into a loop that would then be removed.
7/31/2016
Topic:
Playing the Beta, initial thoughts.

Shooer
Shooer
Doctor Dread wrote:

How about an option on the Loop order to remove any orders in front of the order you are looping to. Sounds confusing but if you set 3 orders then set another 5 order that you want to loop there would be a checkbox on the loop order and when it fires it will loop back to the 4th order like you told it to then delete the ones in front of it.

.... Perhaps just a checkbox for "Do Once" or "remove after completion" would be easier =)

Yeah, you don't really need to remove orders that happen outside a loop automatically. Having the option would be nice but isn't truly needed.

My thoughts on it would so you could, for example, pick up a ACP, move, deploy, pick up new structures output, move, sell then loop back to the first move while having the deploy order removed.
As I have been doing it I've been building the loop after the deploy order.
8/3/2016
Topic:
Couple of Questions about shipping and production

Shooer
Shooer
Vulpex wrote:

When it comes to movement though - based on what you say when I am viewing the map at the sector level that means each square is actually 25*25 -- 625 units of distance so that travelling from Sol to Gulyaev (3 squares on the vertical axis, 5 squares on the horizontal) would take for a basic ship moving 10 per turn... about 500 turns? (8*625 = 5000) correct? Seems quite the distance wink

Actually they would move NW diagonally 2 then turn W for 2 more.

But yeah, it takes a long time to travel between systems so plan to move in FORCE. Plan to build new military buildings, and most of your planned production when you step foot into a system you want to move into. Also upgrading the movement speed of a freighter can reduce that travel time quite a bit (a freighter gains 2 speed each upgrade).

In alpha I ran a water tanker (or was it basic minerals I forget) from Pluto to Odegard with 3 move upgrades and 2 cargo upgrades and for my purposes at the time it was WAY more than I needed or could sell with out over supplying my city.
edited by Shooer on 8/3/2016
8/6/2016
Topic:
About Forts...

Shooer
Shooer
Forts provide denfense the same way that shield bases or very large ships do, they just soak a larger share of the damage and take less of in it turn.

Combat damage is delt to every thing participating based on its size, the larger it is the more damage % it will take. Then on top of that each unit deals a different amount of damage to eachother.

There's a chart in the guide showing all this.
edited by Shooer on 8/6/2016
8/23/2016
Topic:
Problem with trading

Shooer
Shooer
Adding a negative to a negative is adding...

Putting numbers in () is a way of displaying negative numbers in various systems.

Also there is a drop down there that tells you what each production facility is costing you and what each unit that is selling is making you. It's labeled Detail Type.
8/29/2016
Topic:
Getting ships to leave Sol?

Shooer
Shooer
Create a bookmark where you want it to go.
9/2/2016
Topic:
2nd Level Industries

Shooer
Shooer
If you can figure out how many turns it takes for your transport that is selling to do a loop you can then tell it to pick up only the spare amount that isn't being used.

You can also do what I've done before and just make a large transport to sit in your production area to sell excess off.
9/2/2016
Topic:
Loading units into a transport...

Shooer
Shooer
A ground unit's level is it's size. You can't get a level 3 unit into a regular frigates hangar space.
edited by Shooer on 9/2/2016
9/4/2016
Topic:
ACP structures breeding like rabbits...

Shooer
Shooer
Yeah, I seemed to have gained 4-5 ACP's as well.
9/4/2016
Topic:
2nd Level Industries

Shooer
Shooer
It takes roughly 271 turns for a speed 10 freighter to get from Sol to Gulyaev.
9/9/2016
Topic:
Vote for what to develop next 9/8/2016

Shooer
Shooer
Another option is to make the cost of running a distribution center scale differently than production buildings. Say a base one with 6 sell slots costs 1k a turn and only increase by 100-200 per level from there.
Also having them increase sell slots by 2 would be fine as well.
4/20/2017
Topic:
Distribution Centers

Shooer
Shooer
How over flooded is the market in said city? A city that has it's demand filled and the % drops below 100 it will start taking less and less.
5/14/2017
Topic:
Elections - not participating

Shooer
Shooer
My guess is that they started the event chain before we started. We should be able to participate during the next voting round.
5/22/2017
Topic:
MAX MESSAGE ??

Shooer
Shooer
My suggestion then is to not use the in game communication system as a forum, but to instead use the forum. Like you are doing now.
5/24/2017
Topic:
Defend/Attack Limits

Shooer
Shooer
If a unit reaches the stated limits it ends the order just as if there was nothing to attack. Just set a move order after your attack order.
10/30/2019
Topic:
New Colony in Sol

Shooer
Shooer
The planet we most focus on building up besides Earth.