FuriousGeorge

all messages by user

5/8/2017
Topic:
Stuck turns and election terms?

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Hutton,

I believe they are frozen with the current turn.
5/8/2017
Topic:
Sorting

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
If I was creating a game on my own I would ignore that and focus on what's important to the soon-to-be launch. Us players can make spreadsheets and sort it any way we want. Great work on Barons!
5/8/2017
Topic:
We are going live on Saturday May 13th!

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Woooooooo
5/8/2017
Topic:
Mid-construction at upgrade?

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Badmaw,

I think you have a great idea and should start a journey on making your own economy game. Dread is very capable but if his views on mechanics down't line up with your own you are totally free to put in the same man-hours that he has creating a game. I encourage you to do so.
5/8/2017
Topic:
Changes

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
First, fantastic work Dread.

Second, I started about a week ago, after a couple tweaks and looking into what is selling low/high and only a few transports and the tutorial cash, I make about 600k-2M a turn depending on where my units are in their loops. It seems very balanced, and while I still have a lot to learn about the supply and demand of cities, especially for expansion, I don't feel there is "no way to make enough money" which to me is a sophomoric claim. That's like playing Dark Souls and claiming there's no way to 1-Hit KO all the enemies... It wasn't built for your power trip, it was built for the experience.

I LOVE the idea of more NPC factions and the interplay mentioned, I think it will definitely add another level to corporate espionage which is always welcome. (EVE long cons for the win).

Also if people are very concerned with making money, I highly recommend some excel sheets with formulas to help you deduce Return on Investment for your company. I made a couple simple formulas and they are VERY useful when deciding what current option is a better path.

Thanks for reigniting my love for this style of game Dread!
5/8/2017
Topic:
Guide: Artifact List

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Thanks for the list, very useful!
5/9/2017
Topic:
Contracts

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Maybe distribution centers could be used to facilitate those types of transactions so we won't have to use transports to do it? If the contract buyer's HQ is also in the city OR has a distribution center. but limit it to one contract per turn per distribution center?
5/9/2017
Topic:
Planet Names

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Badmaw,

Your advice is not worth millions. I can tell you see yourself as an "Idea Guy" which is fundamentally worthless. Not to mention your "Ideas" are less than optimal for the most part because they tend to benefit singular players instead of either increasing difficulty as a whole or offering more diverse gameplay. You sound like EA with Microtransactions and BattleField 1 Premium DLC Maps & Friends™©.

Also, I'm not a shill account, just a dude who finds your constant badgering of Dread with your "Advice" supremely annoying. There's no values to re-calibrate or or sensitivity to lower. Every time I've seen something said in opposition to you, YOU are the one who rants in your own defense.

I hope it launches after your bedtime.
5/9/2017
Topic:
Cargo or Hangar Display

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Hey Dread!

Low priority request for after launch. Have you thought about adding current Cargo/Hangar capacity to the base "Assets" tab so you can see at a glance if one of your units is full or not? If you know the paths and how much they should have then you could kind of eyeball where they are in their orders and decide who to swap to something else. If your goal is to force players to click down to the individual units then please ignore. Maybe it could be included (that page only) after their name in parenthesis. I've attached a pic of where it could be. Obviously for larger holds you can truncate to ##.K or ##.M so the rows don't get too large or long.

Have a great day!
5/9/2017
Topic:
Planet Names

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Hey Hutton,

Please don't get me wrong! I'm not trying to alienate anyone, and I respect him for knowing another language! I'm studying chinese and it's hard enough to just order food for a group of friends. I want him to play the game, I want everyone to play the game. What I don't think anyone wants is a nagging "Things should be this way cause I said so" mindset to sink in. That's pretty much all I've seen in some of these posts. I get that he's passionate and that's awesome. And I hope he tries to beat me out in competition in game, I'll probably lose and I'll learn some lessons. But I was just commenting on the "Know-it-all" tone. I may be American, but I've lived in other countries enough to know that no one likes that attitude.

Yes 25 cities might be high especially with the new city restrictions and growth limitations. I like the implementation of the new Water and Food mechanics. Maybe if a single person on the new planet gets enough clout, or is eligible to be Mayor of multiple cities (minimum of 5?) then they can be elected God Emperor of the new planet and be free to change the name (within reason). And then if someone can push them out it can be renamed?
5/9/2017
Topic:
Cargo or Hangar Display

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Not a problem! Just wondering if it was possible for the future, and yes a percentage would work as well. Just a thought for the back burner! =)
5/9/2017
Topic:
Earth Alliance

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
A sort of UN?
5/11/2017
Topic:
Production Spreadsheet

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
This is beautiful. I'm making a couple spreadsheets and thought I was going to have to do all of this. You're a legend. Many Up-doots and fake interweb points for you. Also if you need contracts or help in game once we launch, I'm down.
5/11/2017
Topic:
Dist. Center mass deletion and Order Phasing

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Hello Dread!

I hope you are well as we quickly approach the Dreaded Day (har). I did a search on the forum for these before posting in case I missed it, and try as I might I couldn't find anything so if it's been addressed or answered already just point me.

1. Would it be possible to add checkboxes next to the Distribution Center Buy/Sell contracts so you could delete multiple at a time instead of clicking them one by one, or is there a feature I'm missing?

2. Would it be possible to add a new Order for units, that would "Phase" older orders out. So lets say I add a set of orders loading it in, and then append those with another set of orders (Love that feature btw!!). The Phase order would remove a single or range of orders from the list, and itself so that the list isn't filled with 20+ orders, with only the last 5 looping. So you could put it just before a loop order, it would run, remove specified order(s) and then continue to the loop.

(EDIT)
3. Has Production Cycles for structures already been discussed? I seem to remember something on it but I wanted to ask about being able to cycle from one product to another on alternating turns. The same as a loop order would work for individual units. If this is purposefully set to one and done so that it doesn't become too automated I totally get it. Have to keep people busy and managing their empire!

Thanks again, loving the game!
edited by FuriousGeorge on 5/11/2017
5/11/2017
Topic:

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Hey Dread,

• Clear all button, love it. That works too! I have % Cut-offs that I use for buying and was trying to make it easier to stop a few once I see them reach that demand. I know it's only 10 v.v, but if I have 10 Distro centers then it gets hairy >.> Hahaha.

• Phase sounds fantastic. Huzzah!

• For the cycles I more meant Turn 1, Produce: Poultry, Turn 2, Produce: Beef Turn 3, Loop. or something along those lines. It's more for having steady production of things I know I need, and then having the transports be able to come pick up a full load of something on extended journeys. And I think the pick up part is handled in the individual unit turn orders. If I set it to pick up 5 products (max) and only 1 of 5 exists, won't it cycle through them all until it hits the available product and then continue with the next order in sequence?

Thanks for the feedback!
5/12/2017
Topic:

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Ahh, thanks Vulpex I was not aware of that actually. I read through the guide but must have missed or forgotten. In that case it would definitely be a longer planned rotation (15-30 turns then swap) but I appreciate letting me know!
5/12/2017
Topic:
Where did you hear about Barons of the Galaxy?

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
RadCavalier brought me into the loop. =)
5/16/2017
Topic:
Serious bug regarding end products production.

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Hey i was just about to post this and thought it was strange. I had scaled back to 20% but it was consuming the same materials as 100%. Doh!
5/16/2017
Topic:

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
I never had to worry about needing to do less work during the beta!!! hahaha

It happens at my HQ and at Polymer factory. I assume it's a global thing.

Cost to run is reduced appropriately, but material consumption is not.
5/16/2017
Topic:

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Please let us know if/when this one gets handled as I actually need to use it already hahaha.